Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Scarlet Mummers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uzzy Posted - 24 Apr 2006 : 22:30:37
Hello there. :)

As you may guess from the title, im looking for any sources of information about the Scarlet Mummers, the Lliiran Assassins. Mainly because its a fascinating concept, in my opinion. And im playing a Lliiran Character right now, who is heading along a similar path.

Sadly, however, any information about them seems scarce. Apart from the brief outline in Faiths and Pantheons, the only other place ive seen them mentioned is.. Neverwinter Nights, the Video Game, of all places!! (Which mentions that they use Blade Boots in their acrobatic assassinations)

So, basically, im looking for any sources of information about them, if any exists. Would be nice to have a little more info for me to flesh out.

Thanks in advance. :)
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 26 Apr 2006 : 02:36:40
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

Yes, the idea of Lliiran Assassins does sound rather bizarre, doesnt it? Which is why I wanted to see if there was anymore information about them before setting down my own ideas for them.

Basically, from the brief description in F&P, they hunt down Loviatarians. After some Loviatarians killed of the High Priestess of Lliira, who she took as a lover during the Time of Troubles.

And yes... dancing them to death sounds rather sutible. ;)

Actually, if you come up with something on your own I'd be interested to see what you do. As the last couple of posts in the this scroll prove, comedy aside of course, there are many ways you can go to support the notion of Lliiran assassins drawing on themes from the deity's portfolio. As long as you remain somewhat consistent with what we know of the Lliiran clergy and worship, you shouldn't have too much difficulty.
Kuje Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 19:27:38
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by khorne

Lliiran assassins? How is that even possible?

That was what I was wondering, but I wasn't going to ask. :) I guess... they dance people to death. :)

Maybe they target really bad dancers...

Grins. :)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 19:11:30
quote:

quote:

That was what I was wondering, but I wasn't going to ask. :) I guess... they dance people to death. :)

Maybe they target really bad dancers...
Kuje Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 18:41:30
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:

Well, Lliira is supposed to be all about carefree celebrations. What could be more dangerous than a celebration in your honour, conducted by Lliirans, with trace amounts of poison lacing certain foods you find extremely tasty?

HAHAH. :)
The Sage Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 18:39:04
quote:

quote:

Well, Lliira is supposed to be all about carefree celebrations. What could be more dangerous than a celebration in your honour, conducted by Lliirans, with trace amounts of poison lacing certain foods you find extremely tasty?
Uzzy Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 18:32:22
Yes, the idea of Lliiran Assassins does sound rather bizarre, doesnt it? Which is why I wanted to see if there was anymore information about them before setting down my own ideas for them.

Basically, from the brief description in F&P, they hunt down Loviatarians. After some Loviatarians killed of the High Priestess of Lliira, who she took as a lover during the Time of Troubles.

And yes... dancing them to death sounds rather sutible. ;)
Kuje Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 18:30:45
quote:

khorne Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 18:24:48
Anticlion Son of Semnion Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 04:08:15
Though it is of dubious importance, the name of "The Scarlet Mummers" reminds me of "The Bloody Mummers," aka "The Brave Companions," in George
R.R. Martin's "A Song of Fire and Ice"
The Sage Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 01:28:09
Kuje has it down.

A quick search of most relevant 2e sources revealed little beyond a mention here and there. No specific info.

I'd say... ask Ed. Or given their reference in F&P, maybe try Eric as well since he may have had notes from Ed to work with for the group.
Kuje Posted - 24 Apr 2006 : 22:48:52
They are probably one of the hundreds of small groups related to the deities that have never been detailed.

So, maybe Ed can give you some info. :)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000