Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Spellfire and Knigths of MD**minor spoiler**
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marcsmart
Acolyte

Hong Kong
37 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2006 :  04:26:01  Show Profile  Visit marcsmart's Homepage Send marcsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am now reading Spellfire, finally one that with Elminster more involved (I only saw Elminster in the Avatar Series (exclude shadows of the Avatar)); But what interest me are the knights of Myth Drannor.

Are there any novels which tells me of their history? I want to find out more about the people in Shadowdale; (Storm Silverhand/all the knights of Myth Drannor/Sylune?)

In Spellfire, I happened to see that, Merith (was it him?correct me if I am wrong), has ever been nominated the lord of Shadowdale but he rejected the position in the end. Any reference to that?

The best you could help is to direct me to the novel featuring them.

**I know Ed Greenwood is coming up with Knights of Myth Drannor - Eveningstar, will that be the only novel I will have direct contact with the knights? :-)

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2006 :  04:54:08  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Knights put in an appearance in the following books

Shadow of the Avatar Trilogy

Spellfire, Crow of Fire and Hand of Fire

Shadowdale and Tantras (Books 1 and 2 of the Avatar trilogy)

If you can find a copy of the old 1ed Grey Boxset it gives details about them to

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2006 :  04:57:27  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a lot of references to the Knights in at least five to six sourcebooks.

1e's campaign box set
2e's campaign box set
Cormyr sourcebook
Ruins of Myth Drannor box set
Hall of Heroes
Heroes Lorebook
Ruins of Zhentil Keep box set
FR Adventures

Ed's and THO's replies here on Candlekeep about those characters, the link is in my sig.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

marcsmart
Acolyte

Hong Kong
37 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2006 :  05:45:45  Show Profile  Visit marcsmart's Homepage Send marcsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje and Dargoth, thanks for your help~
I will try to get these books soon~

Hmm, forgive me, I guess I have just realised what I REALLy wanted to ask;-

I wanted to know the story of the knights, well before the Shandril's Saga~ Maybe a time where they've fought together, in an epic battle perhaps? I guess that would be in Ed Greenwood's Knights of Myth Drannor Trilogy (?)

I am really low on realmslore.......-_- sorry guys.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2006 :  06:08:38  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcsmart

Kuje and Dargoth, thanks for your help~
I will try to get these books soon~

Hmm, forgive me, I guess I have just realised what I REALLy wanted to ask;-

I wanted to know the story of the knights, well before the Shandril's Saga~ Maybe a time where they've fought together, in an epic battle perhaps? I guess that would be in Ed Greenwood's Knights of Myth Drannor Trilogy (?)

I am really low on realmslore.......-_- sorry guys.

There's bits of history in those sourcebooks, but for the tales, you have to wait like the rest of us for the new trilogy. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

marcsmart
Acolyte

Hong Kong
37 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2006 :  06:45:15  Show Profile  Visit marcsmart's Homepage Send marcsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, so I've thought, actually, I have only been reading novels alone, and played a couple FR PC games, I always try to avoid spoilers as I believe my realmslore is like only a few percent out of the total :-(.

Sometimes, if I come across articles or any topics on areas and characters, I just don't seem to "kick the ball" properly, coz I havent read anything about them and do not know where to look for them :-(. I only own some of the novels and downloaded some of the realmslore from Candlekeep to learn more, but I just can't seem to gel the lore together.....(most of them)

Maybe I can show you what I've got and see what you share a piece of advise on which direction I should go first ??

Novels:
The Baldur's Gate Trilogy
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II - Shadows of Amn
Throne of Bhaal
The Moonshae Trilogy
Darkwalkers on Moonshae
Black Wizards
Darkwell
The Druidhome Trilogy
Prophet of Moonshae (unread)
The Last Mythal Trilogy
Forsaken House
Farthest Reach
The Scions of the Arrabar
The Sapphire Crsent
The Ruby Guardian
The Emerald Scepter
The Avatar Series
Shadowdale
Tantras
Waterdeep
Prince of Lies
Crucible - Trial of Cyric the Mad
The Rogues
The Alabaster Staff
The Black Bouquet
The Crimson Gold (Unread)
The Yellow Silk (Unread)
Shandril's Saga
Spellfire (Reading)
Crown of Fire (unread)
Hand of Fire (Unread)
The Finder's Stone Trilogy
Azure Bonds (unread)
The Wyvern Spur (unread)
songs of the Saurials (unread)

Silverfall - Stories of the Seven Sisters (unread)
Best of the Realms Book I (unread)
Realms of the Elves (unread)
Harpers - Curse of the Shadow Mage (Unread)

PC games
Baldurs Gate I & II + all expansion
Icewind Dale I + expansion
Neverwinter Nights (SoU & HoU)

Thats about all I have about the Realms and I think I am merely a tales seeker at the moment .....

About the Source books and Campaign Settings, I have not purchase any since I am not sure what they are about; What would I know from reading these books?

Sorry for being such a nuisance in the Forum, if you can advise me one way or any other that would be so great!

I thank you for reading~
Go to Top of Page

marcsmart
Acolyte

Hong Kong
37 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2006 :  06:54:30  Show Profile  Visit marcsmart's Homepage Send marcsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't expect the message to be in such a mess.....forgive me.
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2006 :  14:49:32  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you are off to a great start! Check out ebay and you can often times find good deals on FR stuff. Additionally there is a web site called paizo.com. it has lots of sourcebooks on PDF for about 4.00 us each.

Edited by - scererar on 24 Mar 2006 14:52:06
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2006 :  16:33:30  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nobleknight.com or dragonstrove also has many of the hard copies.

But yeah, you should pick up some sourcebooks if you want some of thier history as well as the novels.

And you can also, as I said, dig through Ed's and THO's replies about them, which are in my sig. Use the index. :)

Go to Top of Page

marcsmart
Acolyte

Hong Kong
37 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  21:21:09  Show Profile  Visit marcsmart's Homepage Send marcsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks!
here in Hong Kong, I can't find a single soul who plays FR games or read FR stuffs at all~ Worst still,. I see Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale being released in Chinese versions.....can you imagine?!

I got most of my books from sydney and Amazon....Sigh
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2006 :  07:32:02  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcsmart

Thanks!
here in Hong Kong, I can't find a single soul who plays FR games or read FR stuffs at all~ Worst still,. I see Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale being released in Chinese versions.....can you imagine?!

I got most of my books from sydney and Amazon....Sigh

I know how you feel, I was stationed in Korea for a year in the Army and had to keep sending wish lists to my family for more realmslore, novels, video games, everything.

Edited by - scererar on 29 Mar 2006 07:32:41
Go to Top of Page

marcsmart
Acolyte

Hong Kong
37 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  10:03:27  Show Profile  Visit marcsmart's Homepage Send marcsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SIGH - Tough luck in Asia
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  10:49:29  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Ahem, can we get back on topic please. Thank ye

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll