Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dragon articles set in the Sword Coast
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2006 :  07:32:50  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Im currently gathering info for a campaign set around the Sword coast does anyone know of any Dragon articles set in any of the Following Regions

Sword Coast North
Waterdeep
The Sword coast (Northern end)
Savage Frontier (Western end)

So far Ive found the following

Dragon 335: New Olamn Bard College
Dragon 307: The Haunted Bridge
Dragon 302: The High Flagon
Dragon 299: Moon Mountain Brewery
Polyhedron 94: The Cult of Ao
Dragon 115: Airs of Ages past (Supplemental info for New Olamn)
Dragon 124: Music of the Forgotten realms (Supplemental info for New Olamn)
Dragon 172: Seeing the Sights in Skullport
Dragon 227: The Reports from Undermoutain
Dragon 251: Thornhold The Harpers at Twilight
Dragon 211: I sing a song by the Deep-Water Bay
Dragon 220: Dreams Sphere
Dragon 176: If you need help ask the Drow
Dragon 128: Welcome to Waterdeep

Anyone know of anymore?

Thanks in advance

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2006 :  10:10:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Songsabers of Waterdeep" -- #335
"Waterdeep: City of Splendors" -- #335

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2006 :  17:27:39  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The New Adventures of Volo
#270 - "The Ardeep"
#273 - "The House of Stone"
#274 - "The Stag Lass"
#275 - "The Crumbling Stair"

Elminster's Guide to the Realms
#283 - The Bone Dance
#285 - Shrine of Swords
#286 - Shattershree's Rest (Desertsmouth Mountains)
#288 - The Moonwyvern Inn
#292 - The Sleeping Dragon
#294 - The Missing Minotaur
#296 - Starfall Pool
#297 - The Talntower
#299 - Moon Mountain Brewery
#300 - Old Angrath's Smokehouse
#303 - The High Flagon
#316 - The Black Dwarf Mine
#320 - The Roaring Dragon House
#321 - Nurneene's Marvelous Masks
#322 - The Wyrmworks

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2006 :  01:44:09  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2006 :  03:44:55  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

OMG, for a few seconds, I believed that I missed an article about the Inn that bears the same name in Rassalantar, near Waterdeep.

(My campaign started there and the PCs often return because they are "local heroes")
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2006 :  03:57:34  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

OMG, for a few seconds, I believed that I missed an article about the Inn that bears the same name in Rassalantar, near Waterdeep.

(My campaign started there and the PCs often return because they are "local heroes")

What did you do with the rumoured "Dragon" bar maid?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2006 :  04:01:46  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What did you do with the rumoured "Dragon" bar maid?

At the begining, they heard the rumor, but they were not sure if it was false or if she's gone. Later, when they "saved" the barracks near the town from a vengeful ghost (see other thread) they learned that she left some years ago.

I plan to have her return soon, because now they can handle the trouble of having a gold dragon in there. (They are evil "shadow thieves agents" under the cover of a classic good aventurer party).
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2006 :  04:17:30  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if the Inns still standing. It is is after all the Year of Rogue Dragons

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2006 :  04:22:16  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

I wonder if the Inns still standing. It is is after all the Year of Rogue Dragons

Rassalantar is certainly detailled in the "coming soon" CoS WE2...

For this campaign I chose to have the Rage not affect all dragons and be focused on the North-East part of the world.

..But I don't like that we lack of info about how the real thing is affecting the realms in 1373 when we already have novels dealing with 1374 events.

.. And because this campaign is halted because of the birth of twins from two players, I'll start tomorrow a short "good-PCs" campaign with the three others player's again in the north region. They'll have to deal with a raging Bronze dragon, the Dark Lady doing some horrible things to try to resist to it and a "failed-to-killed-in-the-past" BBEG duo, a CotD necromancer and "his" white dacrolich.

Edited by - Skeptic on 07 Mar 2006 04:30:40
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2006 :  04:40:10  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

For this campaign I chose to have the Rage not affect all dragons and be focused on the North-East part of the world.

..But I don't like that we lack of info about how the real thing is affecting the realms in 1373 when we already have novels dealing with 1374 events.

Well, some dragons will be affected by the Rage and others won't. Dragons of Faerűn will no doubt shed some light on who does what and when.

The only 1374 DR novels are Rich Baker's "Last Mythal" trilogy and Phil Athans "Watercourse" trilogy (of which we've only seen part 1) IIRC. Everything else is 1373 DR that I'm aware of.

[CAVEAT: I haven't read all the latest FR novels so I'm likely very wrong about the above statement]

As such, it's not like WotC is way, way behind in its sourcebooks to novels combined universe. Patience m'boy, patience!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2006 :  04:41:51  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You mean Erics "Duke Nukem Forever" article

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page