Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Were there such rulebooks as
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eomer
Acolyte

Russia
28 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2006 :  18:19:38  Show Profile  Visit eomer's Homepage Send eomer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
"Volo's Guide: the Sword Coast No 2" and "Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate"?
I've seen some references to them but was unable to fin any info on them?
And if they do exist - Are they worth reading? Where can I order one?

Yours Faithfully, Konstantin aka Eomer

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2006 :  18:46:09  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1560769041/202-5507407-3652609

Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate II
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786916265/104-1666249-8664765?v=glance&n=283155

I suspect a search will find other sellers of these two products, I have no opinion as to if they will be worth reading for you.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2006 :  19:47:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes; they are excellent sources on the areas they cover.

However, they are now out of print. If you're looking to acquire them cheaply, picking up electronic copies from Paizo or that other place(RPGNow? RPGDriveThru? RPGJokeoftheWeek?) is very possibly your best bet.
Go to Top of Page

eomer
Acolyte

Russia
28 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2006 :  19:47:55  Show Profile  Visit eomer's Homepage Send eomer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the first link
As for the second. I already have Volo's Guide to BG II.
I was asking about Volo's Guide to BG

Yours Faithfully, Konstantin aka Eomer
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2006 :  23:14:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eomer

"Volo's Guide: the Sword Coast No 2" and "Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate"?
I've seen some references to them but was unable to fin any info on them?
And if they do exist - Are they worth reading? Where can I order one?

I don't know about that link provided above -- to the best of my knowledge, there is no such beast as Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast No. 2.

Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate does kinda sorta exist, but not as a proper gaming resource. It's in the guidebook for the first Baldur's Gate computer game. As such, it's intended more for those who are playing the computer game and who don't really know the setting.

I have found this manual online as a pdf; I'd provide a link but I'm not sure if the site I found it from is authorized to host the file.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Volo
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2006 :  08:44:42  Show Profile  Visit Volo's Homepage Send Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The confusion, I think, lies in the fact that Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast was the second in the Volo's Guides series, and is sometimes listed as Volo's Guide: The Sword Coast #2, which was its working title, if memory serves. This confuses people into thinking there are two Sword Coast guides, when in fact there is only one.

Volo's misunderstood. He's not an idiot. He's a FLAMING idiot!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000