Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 If you want the Colossal Red and Gargantuan Black
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  07:15:35  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Order it now before the stores find out about WOTC latest burst of insanity

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/news/20060201a

Ive placed my order with Amazon today (Ie processed the order not just put it in the Cart)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  18:11:33  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, they have effectively priced me out of this purchase. Hope they get a lot of other sales. Well, no, I don't. I had a hard time justifying a 50 dollar purchase for something other than a book, but I was going to do it. Once they break the 50 dollar threshold, I'm out, even if its a sourcebook or the like. I could likely save up for it, but I really don't want to now.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  21:16:26  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Well, they have effectively priced me out of this purchase. Hope they get a lot of other sales. Well, no, I don't. I had a hard time justifying a 50 dollar purchase for something other than a book, but I was going to do it. Once they break the 50 dollar threshold, I'm out, even if its a sourcebook or the like. I could likely save up for it, but I really don't want to now.

If you order from Amazon now you can lock in a price of

19.79 USD for the Black and 37.79 for the Red

Amusingly enough Amazon ranked the Colossal Red at 33,230 Yesterday, Today its ranked 170

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  21:32:12  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm just starting to feel the Star Wars minis effect here . . . if they can make a ton of money on miniatures, they may start to drift further and further away from supporting the actual RPG. Don't get me wrong, I realize that things like paint applications and precision sculpts do increase production costs, but sometimes you also have to realize that just because you can do something doesn't mean its a good idea. They could make a full scale articulated Tiamat with 10 times the paint applications of the Red and charge a thousand dollars for it, and some gamers may use it, but for the most part, its an overpriced novelty.
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  03:47:57  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yowser!!!

I'm glad I ordered both blackie and red-head over a month ago!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  04:05:54  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Yowser!!!

I'm just glad that I never entered into this soul-draining exercise in the first place. Come to think of it, the MtG craze did teach me something after all!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  04:50:32  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Yowser!!!

I'm just glad that I never entered into this soul-draining exercise in the first place. Come to think of it, the MtG craze did teach me something after all!

-- George Krashos

Dont you worry George sooner or later they'll do a mini of Soneillon, Imbrar Helltharn or Impiltur Knight riding a Bronze dragon and you'll soon be sucked in along with the rest of us!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  06:07:14  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

Well - I placed my order too - and the Big one was up to #72 in sales rank! :)

However - I'm not too sure it will go through.

I found this in their pricing policy section - though it took a while to find it:

==================================================================

With respect to items sold by Amazon.com, we cannot confirm the price of an item until you order; however, we do NOT charge your credit card until after your order has entered the shipping process. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be mispriced. If we discover a mispricing, we will do one of the following:

--If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and ship you the item.

--If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

===============================================================

So - I would guess the latter - since the price difference is greatrer -a nd a lot - not just a buck or two.

We will see!

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  06:13:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
Dont you worry George sooner or later they'll do a mini of Soneillon, Imbrar Helltharn or Impiltur Knight riding a Bronze dragon and you'll soon be sucked in along with the rest of us!

Now THAT would be cool! You're an evil man, Dargoth!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  06:43:42  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

*Evil Banite Laughter*

The pic of Imbrar Helltharn in CoR wouldnt be a bad mounted figure but I would still prefer a Mini of Scyllua Darkhope based on the Lords of Darkness cover art

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  07:17:25  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

*Evil Banite Laughter*

The pic of Imbrar Helltharn in CoR wouldnt be a bad mounted figure but I would still prefer a Mini of Scyllua Darkhope based on the Lords of Darkness cover art

That would be a cool fig.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2006 :  01:35:37  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOTC have changed the release dates for D&D Icons

Gargantuan Black Dragon is coming out in August and the Colossal Red is coming out in September

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000