Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 If you want the Colossal Red and Gargantuan Black

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 01 Feb 2006 : 07:15:35
Order it now before the stores find out about WOTC latest burst of insanity

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/news/20060201a

Ive placed my order with Amazon today (Ie processed the order not just put it in the Cart)
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dargoth Posted - 16 Apr 2006 : 01:35:37
WOTC have changed the release dates for D&D Icons

Gargantuan Black Dragon is coming out in August and the Colossal Red is coming out in September
warlockco Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 07:17:25
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Dont you worry George sooner or later they'll do a mini of Soneillon, Imbrar Helltharn or Impiltur Knight riding a Bronze dragon and you'll soon be sucked in along with the rest of us!

Now THAT would be cool! You're an evil man, Dargoth!

-- George Krashos

*Evil Banite Laughter*

The pic of Imbrar Helltharn in CoR wouldnt be a bad mounted figure but I would still prefer a Mini of Scyllua Darkhope based on the Lords of Darkness cover art

That would be a cool fig.
Dargoth Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 06:43:42
quote:

quote:
Dont you worry George sooner or later they'll do a mini of Soneillon, Imbrar Helltharn or Impiltur Knight riding a Bronze dragon and you'll soon be sucked in along with the rest of us!

-- George Krashos

*Evil Banite Laughter*

The pic of Imbrar Helltharn in CoR wouldnt be a bad mounted figure but I would still prefer a Mini of Scyllua Darkhope based on the Lords of Darkness cover art
George Krashos Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 06:13:57
quote:

-- George Krashos
Dhomal Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 06:07:14
Hello-

Well - I placed my order too - and the Big one was up to #72 in sales rank! :)

However - I'm not too sure it will go through.

I found this in their pricing policy section - though it took a while to find it:

==================================================================

With respect to items sold by Amazon.com, we cannot confirm the price of an item until you order; however, we do NOT charge your credit card until after your order has entered the shipping process. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be mispriced. If we discover a mispricing, we will do one of the following:

--If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and ship you the item.

--If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

===============================================================

So - I would guess the latter - since the price difference is greatrer -a nd a lot - not just a buck or two.

We will see!

Dhomal
Dargoth Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 04:50:32
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Yowser!!!

I'm glad I ordered both blackie and red-head over a month ago!

I'm just glad that I never entered into this soul-draining exercise in the first place. Come to think of it, the MtG craze did teach me something after all!

-- George Krashos

George Krashos Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 04:05:54
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Yowser!!!

I'm just glad that I never entered into this soul-draining exercise in the first place. Come to think of it, the MtG craze did teach me something after all!

-- George Krashos
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 03:47:57
Yowser!!!

KnightErrantJR Posted - 01 Feb 2006 : 21:32:12
I'm just starting to feel the Star Wars minis effect here . . . if they can make a ton of money on miniatures, they may start to drift further and further away from supporting the actual RPG. Don't get me wrong, I realize that things like paint applications and precision sculpts do increase production costs, but sometimes you also have to realize that just because you can do something doesn't mean its a good idea. They could make a full scale articulated Tiamat with 10 times the paint applications of the Red and charge a thousand dollars for it, and some gamers may use it, but for the most part, its an overpriced novelty.
Dargoth Posted - 01 Feb 2006 : 21:16:26
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Well, they have effectively priced me out of this purchase. Hope they get a lot of other sales. Well, no, I don't. I had a hard time justifying a 50 dollar purchase for something other than a book, but I was going to do it. Once they break the 50 dollar threshold, I'm out, even if its a sourcebook or the like. I could likely save up for it, but I really don't want to now.

If you order from Amazon now you can lock in a price of

19.79 USD for the Black and 37.79 for the Red

Amusingly enough Amazon ranked the Colossal Red at 33,230 Yesterday, Today its ranked 170
KnightErrantJR Posted - 01 Feb 2006 : 18:11:33
Well, they have effectively priced me out of this purchase. Hope they get a lot of other sales. Well, no, I don't. I had a hard time justifying a 50 dollar purchase for something other than a book, but I was going to do it. Once they break the 50 dollar threshold, I'm out, even if its a sourcebook or the like. I could likely save up for it, but I really don't want to now.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000