Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Sources for used / out-of-print FR materials
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2006 :  02:23:28  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello-

I'm looking for suggestions of where (online - as I can troll around locally - and have!) I could search for some specific FR items that are out-of-print.

I know that a lorge percentage of what I need is likely available via the electronic downloads - but I'd prefer to have a set I can lay my hands on - and take with me wherever.

Call me sentimental - call me a collector - whatever you want. I won't deny the usefulness of the PDF's - and possibly sometime after I become richer than I am today - I will consider getting a full duplicate set for ease of searching - but as I said - that will be in the future.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2006 :  02:32:02  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try Dragonstrove

http://dragonstrove.com/catalog/

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2006 :  02:40:13  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nobleknight.com

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2006 :  03:21:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, there are the free downloads, available on the Wizards downloads page...

Me, I've gotten a good chunk of stuff from eBay. It can be hit or miss, but my experiences have been pretty good.

I've also lucked into some deals in regular stores. Sometimes the local game store has a used section, or old and insanely discounted stuff, or even some goodies buried in the back that never sold.

There's also the odd case of finding stuff in used bookstores. I've even found some of the old FR-series sourcebooks in a secondhand/vintage toy store.

I believe some people have mentioned finding stuff in yard sales, too. I guess it comes down to just keeping your eyes open...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2006 :  17:31:07  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

Thanks for the suggetsions, although both turned up a goose egg. :(

The worst part is - some of the items I am missing - I am *pretty* sure I owned - I just can't track them down - and dont have the space to unbox Everything just now. Maybe when it gets warmer outside and I can stay in the garage longer....

Thankfully - there is not Too much on the list - and some of it will be set on a back burner as not too important for me - like the OA modules I don't have.

Thanks!

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

green knight
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2006 :  01:47:16  Show Profile  Visit green knight's Homepage Send green knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found a website called Paperbackswap.com. It is a site where you post books you don't want anymore and people can order them and you ship them to them. You get credits which you can use to order books other people have posted. The only cost is to mail your books out (about $1.50 for a standard paperback). I have gotten quite a few realms novels (about 15)that I needed for my collection. I now only need 8 paperbacks, 9 hardcovers and the 9 books in the double diamond saga to have a complete collection of the novels. I have not received any game supplements yet but you can put them on your wishlist so they could show up someday. I beleive they have about 320,000 books currentlly posted.

Green Knight
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2006 :  04:16:38  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ebay and Amazon are two other places that one can check.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Verghityax
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2006 :  15:01:07  Show Profile  Visit Verghityax's Homepage Send Verghityax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also recommend www.abebooks.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000