Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Character Profile and Stats
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marcsmart
Acolyte

Hong Kong
37 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  06:40:39  Show Profile  Visit marcsmart's Homepage Send marcsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone know where the stats or profile of the main characters from the below series on the net?

The Moonshae Trilogy
The Last Mythal Trilogy
The Rogues

Any help would ne great.
I can't find any magazines nor articles regarding FR in my country at all....Other than some of the novels, we have nothing -_-

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  06:44:18  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The short stats, from 1e and 2e, for the characters from the Moonshae and Avatar novels can be found in my NPC doc. You need Excel to open it though until I finish turning it into HTML. :) Just do a search through it for the character names. Midnight is in the wizards tab. Cyric is in fighters. Adon is in clerics. Kelemvor is in fighters, I believe. Most of the Moonshae characters are in the ranger, fighter, and druid tabs, except for the bard and Deirdrie, who is in clerics, I believe.

http://home.rochester.rr.com/kuje/

The Last Mythal and Rogues, don't have stats, as far as I recall.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 25 Jan 2006 06:45:10
Go to Top of Page

marcsmart
Acolyte

Hong Kong
37 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  07:17:34  Show Profile  Visit marcsmart's Homepage Send marcsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje~

Thank You so much~
That must have took you a long time~

I am not playing any of the campaigns (yet), :-] I just want to make a database of the characters I have read and list them on a website some day. (With the portrait, Deity Symbol and the character profile and history, stats etc)
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  07:59:04  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, the heroine of The Crimson Gold, Tazi Uskeveren, was statted out twice, first in an issue of Dragon Magazine, and then on WotC's website (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/cptazi). In the latter one she's a - Female Human Rogue 7.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 25 Jan 2006 08:00:30
Go to Top of Page

marcsmart
Acolyte

Hong Kong
37 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  08:37:54  Show Profile  Visit marcsmart's Homepage Send marcsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kajehase!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  11:22:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

You need Excel to open it though until I finish turning it into HTML. :)

Incorrect. Microsoft offers a free Excel viewer on their website. You can download that and view (but not alter) Excel files, even if you've not got Excel installed.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  13:35:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

You need Excel to open it though until I finish turning it into HTML. :)

Incorrect. Microsoft offers a free Excel viewer on their website. You can download that and view (but not alter) Excel files, even if you've not got Excel installed.

Actually, I do remember that.

Thanks Wooly... That may help to correct a slight problem Kuje and I have been experiencing with the Excel-to-HTML conversion. I believe I have an idea on how to "get around" the problem using the free viewer.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  16:27:45  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcsmart

Kuje~

Thank You so much~
That must have took you a long time~

I am not playing any of the campaigns (yet), :-] I just want to make a database of the characters I have read and list them on a website some day. (With the portrait, Deity Symbol and the character profile and history, stats etc)

It took me almost a year to create, aye. :) Now it'll probably take me the rest of this year to turn it into HTML. :) I finished the classes that start with A and I'm just waiting for Alaundo to get home from vaca and upload them. My goal is to get at least one class coded a week, but that might fall behind when I get to the fighters since there's over 2,000 of them. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 25 Jan 2006 16:34:51
Go to Top of Page

EvilKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  21:43:06  Show Profile  Visit EvilKnight's Homepage Send EvilKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje,

You should program a VBA macro to autogenerate the HTML from the excel file. You could even put it out in a tab delimited format and parse it into HTML with java. If you have an example page layout of how you see the HTML I may be able to find some time to create a macro for you.

EvilKnight
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  22:18:35  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EvilKnight

Kuje,

You should program a VBA macro to autogenerate the HTML from the excel file. You could even put it out in a tab delimited format and parse it into HTML with java. If you have an example page layout of how you see the HTML I may be able to find some time to create a macro for you.

EvilKnight

No I idea what you just said. :) But no worries, I know how I want the files to look and it'll just take me a bit to code it all. :) I tried Microsofts save as HTML, but three of us can't figure out wtf Microsoft's code does to the HTML file and we couldn't get it to browse right. :)

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  22:43:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No I idea what you just said. :) But no worries, I know how I want the files to look and it'll just take me a bit to code it all. :) I tried Microsofts save as HTML, but three of us can't figure out wtf Microsoft's code does to the HTML file and we couldn't get it to browse right. :)

Microsoft does all sorts of funky things to HTML files, if you give it a chance...

I heard of this program called FirstPage that's supposed to be both free and pretty good... I've never used it, though, so I can't say how good it is.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2006 :  00:15:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by EvilKnight

Kuje,

EvilKnight

As I've said to you... I can transfer the spreadsheets into HTML format... but once uploaded to the web, is where the problems begin. There are just too many HTML tags that are coming up as unrecognised by *any* standard web browser -- even the mighty SageOS .

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2006 :  00:24:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Microsoft does all sorts of funky things to HTML files, if you give it a chance...

I heard of this program called FirstPage that's supposed to be both free and pretty good... I've never used it, though, so I can't say how good it is.

I've already tried FirstPage... even with those exotic updates you can download from the Evrsoft-supported beta-testing development section. Still the results remain the same. I still believe the problem resides within the actual coding of the HTML itself, rather than any fault in the transfer. One particular tag is likely the cause of the errors when uploaded to the web.

Edited by - The Sage on 26 Jan 2006 02:25:10
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2006 :  00:32:57  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye....

Well it doesn't matter anyhow. :) I decided to do something different instead of trying to get Microsoft to code the darn thing the way normal HTML is supposed to be coded, so I'll do it by hand and that way I know it works. :)

And, we highjacked this thread, so let's um, get back on topic? :)

Edited by - Kuje on 26 Jan 2006 00:35:02
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2006 :  01:07:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Aye....

Well it doesn't matter anyhow. :) I decided to do something different instead of trying to get Microsoft to code the darn thing the way normal HTML is supposed to be coded, so I'll do it by hand and that way I know it works. :)

And, we highjacked this thread, so let's um, get back on topic? :)

Just before we do get back "on-topic"... I'd like to hear what you're trying now Kuje. Send me a PM... .

Go to Top of Page

Belthor
Seeker

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2006 :  19:37:28  Show Profile  Visit Belthor's Homepage Send Belthor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! I used to think that I had a pretty good grasp on the english language. Whatever you're doing with the whatsis translating into the whosits, let the rest of us know if it works out for you.

If the rest of humanity were only as smart as my familiar......
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2006 :  21:15:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Belthor

WOW! I used to think that I had a pretty good grasp on the english language. Whatever you're doing with the whatsis translating into the whosits, let the rest of us know if it works out for you.

No whatsits are involved. It's all whosits and thingies.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000