Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 How Szith morcane almost TPk'd the party
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2005 :  10:08:04  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I ran City of the Spider Queen today and almost had a TPK

The party consisted of the following

A Cleric of Tempus
A Fighter/ Divine Champion of Tempus (clerics Cohort)
Human Fighter
Dwarven Ranger/Prime Underdark Guide
Human Sorcerer

All bar the Divine Champion where 11th level

We'll we started off today with the battle against Dorina in House Morcane and while they completed the battle without fatality, when they found Dorinas coffin the fighter triggered the Blade barrier trap on it which killed him, he only 10hps left from the fight with Dorina and I rolled up 54hps of damage. I told him that his character had just found out what it would feel like to fall into the whirling blades of a Combine Harvester

So with one character down they decided to go up to the Spider shapped Temple of Lolth above House Morcane, where they ran into the Banshee (Keening Spirit) on her first round she wailed and the Dwarf, the Sorcerer and the Cleric all failed their saves and died

The Cohort eventually wore the Banshee down and defeated her.....

Things are not looking good for the good guys!

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2005 :  10:39:41  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hope the Cohort has some way to bring his Boss back.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2005 :  12:08:28  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

The more interesting question is how hes going to carry the 3 corpses out of Szith Morcane through the crypts and back to Daggerdale!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2005 :  13:59:03  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

The more interesting question is how hes going to carry the 3 corpses out of Szith Morcane through the crypts and back to Daggerdale!

That too, I wish your players the best of luck.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2005 :  22:43:18  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He has some help

When he came out of House Morcane he ran into a Drow Darksong knight of Ellistree (The replacement character for the Fighter who was killed by the Blade barrier trap)

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2005 :  23:15:56  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

He has some help

When he came out of House Morcane he ran into a Drow Darksong knight of Ellistree (The replacement character for the Fighter who was killed by the Blade barrier trap)

So Fighter not going to be raised? Though cut into many pieces does require a high level Cleric to raise. The Darksong Knight clearly should be able to lead to a Cleric for lower level healing of the other three. Time might matter.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2005 :  01:52:52  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Darksong Knight isnt a spellcaster its the Subsitute levels for the fighter class (See CoV)

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 28 Nov 2005 01:53:54
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2005 :  02:17:25  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Darksong Knight isnt a spellcaster its the Subsitute levels for the fighter class (See CoV)

I know that, however a Darksong Knight should know where a Prestess is, which is why I said time mattered. As Resurrection does not appear an availible option time clearly an issue if other PCs are to be revived with the lessor spell. You of course in your game might make raise dead very hard thus other players expected to bring in new characters. Not my game, it is yours.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2005 :  02:37:48  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Theres a Cleric of Lathander in Daggerdale who will raise the party if necessary with the exception of the Fighter all the bodies are intact and can be raised with a Raise Dead spell

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2005 :  08:38:55  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It turns out that the Banshee actually killed the entire party.

The Player running the Cohort forgot to factor in the fact that the Cohort had a Constitution of 3 thanks to a poison bite from the Bebilith in area S48 which changed the Cohorts fortitude save by -5

Some how I think the PCs from the next party wont be going up into the Fane of Lolth

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2005 :  14:46:44  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alls well that ends well, then? I was looking forward to how your party was going to get out of that one.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2005 :  22:16:25  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Alls well that ends well, then? I was looking forward to how your party was going to get out of that one.

C-Fb

It looks like there going to create a new party, which will include a New Cleric (probably Lathander) a Paladin (With levels of Hunter of the dead, a Drow Dark Song Knight and what ever the guy running the Sorcerer chooses to run

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000