Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Problem with availability of Black Wolf
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  00:49:02  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have The Sembia series 1-3 currently and 5-7 on order but on Amazon and other websites it says Black wolf is unavailable to order. They have a couple used coupies for approximately $20. Anyone have any idea why I can purchase 6 out of 7 of the Sembia series brand new but I can't find a new copy of Black wolf?

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  14:31:44  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a sad fact of life that most novels eventually go out of print, which is to say, the publisher and distributors run out of copies to sell, and the publisher doesn't choose to print new ones, at least not immediately. I don't know for a fact that Black Wolf is OP, but that would be my guess.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  14:46:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not so sure they're "brand new" but both nobleknight.com and dragontrove.com still had lisitings for the most of the novels in the Sembia series the last time I checked.

Alternatively, you can try 2nd-hand booksellers online.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  17:56:05  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or amazon......

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

SheriffJoe
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  18:57:31  Show Profile  Visit SheriffJoe's Homepage Send SheriffJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or half.com...I've always had excellent luck with them.
Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  20:30:13  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Or amazon......

...where the book's listed as out of print, though used copies are listed as available.

I checked Amazon.co.uk, and there it's not listed as out of print, but it says that delivery could be anything within four to six weeks.
Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2005 :  00:27:27  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't even know half.com existed. I just found Black Wolf on there, thanks for the assistance. I just found it odd that I could purchse the other 6 sembia series but only Black wolf was unavailable.
Go to Top of Page

quajack
Seeker

86 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  18:22:33  Show Profile  Visit quajack's Homepage Send quajack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a perfectly good copy of Black Wolf sitting on the shelf of my local Borders. If anyone here is missing this book from their collection, I would be more than happy to buy it and ship it to them for cost. Let me know. quajack@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Belthor
Seeker

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  18:27:59  Show Profile  Visit Belthor's Homepage Send Belthor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I must have just gotten lucky, because Black Wolf was one of the books I got in a large lot of FR books I got from ebay.

If the rest of humanity were only as smart as my familiar......
Go to Top of Page

SheriffJoe
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  19:20:29  Show Profile  Visit SheriffJoe's Homepage Send SheriffJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I find VERY odd is that, in a series, be it a trilogy or ongoing saga of inter-related novels, there seems to be just ONE of them that becomes incredibly difficult to find at a fair price. Black Wolf is one example. I won't go into Dragonlance in great detail, but there are no fewer than FIVE (5) series that have just ONE book unavailable...which, for me, ends any desire whatsoever to read the entire series. Why bother if I have to spend over $20 for one used papeback? (I actually saw one paperback novel being sold, believe it or not, for $1259.43!!!!!!!!)

If you are lucky, you can find a good deal on ebay, or half dot com, or amazon. Sometimes, it takes patience. Sometimes, it takes Tymora's luck. Eventually, however, things seem to work out for the best.

Edited by - SheriffJoe on 27 Feb 2006 19:23:32
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  20:08:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quajack

There is a perfectly good copy of Black Wolf sitting on the shelf of my local Borders. If anyone here is missing this book from their collection, I would be more than happy to buy it and ship it to them for cost. Let me know. quajack@yahoo.com

I'll take you up on that, if you can wait until the end of next week for the money.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  20:14:17  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I say a used copy of Black Wolf over at this one place (won't say where, otherwise it'll be a race!). . . maybe I'll go pick it up. If I get my hands on it, I'd be happy to send it off -- once I've read it, a'course.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Renzokuken
Acolyte

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  20:18:42  Show Profile  Visit Renzokuken's Homepage Send Renzokuken a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I stumbled upon a copy last week at my local Borders. My eyes definitely did a double take before I realized it really was a copy of Black Wolf. Can't wait to read it!

Currently reading: Dark Elf Trilogy (FR)
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  20:30:49  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can also check around because my city has at least 4 book stores as well as 2 or 3 RPG stores. :) If anyone wants me to, that is.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  20:36:27  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

I have two copies of Black Wolf myself. One copy was signed and sent to me by Dave Gross and another I had bought beforehand. Of course, i'll never part with the signed copy, but I believe the other copy may have a slight blemish on the spine. I'll check once I locate the box in which is it contained.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Smyther
Learned Scribe

Canada
121 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  22:00:31  Show Profile  Visit Smyther's Homepage Send Smyther a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll chime in with the offers to buy+send for people - I know a place in Lethbridge, Alberta, that has a copy for regular price. I'm not interested in it myself...

So sayeth the Smyther, the Dark Bard of Amn.
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  22:13:09  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't think that this particular title would be one that's sold out. Most of the Borders, B&N, and other major bookstores I've seen seem to always have Sembia titles. (If only we could convince them to stop carrying some of the obsolete 3.0 gaming products that have been sitting on the shelf for 3 years).

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Lord Nemes
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2006 :  01:41:38  Show Profile  Visit Lord Nemes's Homepage Send Lord Nemes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bookstores have a catalog of WOTC products whit a backlist section and Black Wolf is still in the list. I ask at my bookstore to order it 2 weeks ago and receive it today. So it's still possible to have a new copy at regular price.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000