Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Favorite forgotten realm?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Daniel of the North
Acolyte

Norway
30 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2007 :  08:32:09  Show Profile  Visit Daniel of the North's Homepage Send Daniel of the North a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading this thread makes me realize that I know all too little about this realm. And what a thrilling realm it is! I find every corner of this world interesting, choosing is impossible.

THE ART OF ESCAPING REALITY
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2007 :  17:33:36  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
silver marches, all the way!

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2007 :  19:02:30  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Dalelands...

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  20:55:40  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mulhorand

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Kilsek
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  14:14:57  Show Profile  Visit Kilsek's Homepage Send Kilsek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cormyr, cause Underdark isnt there

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons | Our new Minis Price guide | Geeked D&D Banner Exchange
Jiv'elgg lueth jiv'undus phuul jivvin. L'elamshin d'lil Ilythiiri zhah ulu har'luth jal.
Torture and pain are fun. The destiny of the Drow is to conquer all.
Go to Top of Page

StarBog
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  14:35:17  Show Profile  Visit StarBog's Homepage Send StarBog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kilsek

Heh. Glad to see I'm not alone in disliking the whole Underdark thing.

Ironically enough, I voted for Waterdeep though.
Go to Top of Page

Shottglazz
Acolyte

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  15:09:19  Show Profile Send Shottglazz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went with the Sword Coast, because it's the closest I saw to Waterdeep...love Waterdeep - Undermountain underneath, lots of memories from campaigns there...

Shottglazz

"Take my love, Take my land, Take me where I cannot stand;
I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
Go to Top of Page

Kilsek
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  17:39:58  Show Profile  Visit Kilsek's Homepage Send Kilsek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StarBog

quote:
Originally posted by Kilsek

Heh. Glad to see I'm not alone in disliking the whole Underdark thing.

Ironically enough, I voted for Waterdeep though.

uhmm I like the Underdark. hence the name Kilsek. well pre 4.0

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons | Our new Minis Price guide | Geeked D&D Banner Exchange
Jiv'elgg lueth jiv'undus phuul jivvin. L'elamshin d'lil Ilythiiri zhah ulu har'luth jal.
Torture and pain are fun. The destiny of the Drow is to conquer all.
Go to Top of Page

marc-end
Acolyte

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2008 :  15:21:53  Show Profile Send marc-end a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The best and most exciting adventure I have been in was in the Jungles of Chult. So I vote for that one. Without voting ofcourse

Edited by - marc-end on 19 Aug 2008 16:22:57
Go to Top of Page

IngoDjan
Learned Scribe

Brazil
146 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2008 :  05:45:06  Show Profile  Visit IngoDjan's Homepage Send IngoDjan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DALELAND!

Ingo Djan
DUNGEON MASTER AO OF THE DIAMONDS!
"I see the future repeat the past. It all is a museum of great news. The Time do not stop."
Go to Top of Page

The Last Guardian
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2008 :  21:20:02  Show Profile  Visit The Last Guardian's Homepage Send The Last Guardian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Silver Marches
Go to Top of Page

Nilus Reynard
Learned Scribe

Canada
137 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2008 :  10:37:29  Show Profile Send Nilus Reynard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for the Moonshaes.

Close seconds would be Cormyr, Tethyr, & Waterdeep.

Nilus Reynard
Doom Master of Beshaba, Hand of Despair.
P24 Hm CN
(2nd Edition AD&D)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Lysander
Acolyte

Greece
25 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2008 :  14:30:43  Show Profile  Visit Lord Lysander's Homepage Send Lord Lysander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
High Forest of course! Great background great place overall! The Dalelands too are really good...

-Beware...
-Why?
-The storm gets closer...
-So?
-So beware...
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2008 :  04:33:49  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Calimshan. My favorite (and only) Forgotten Realms PC is from Calimshan.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2008 :  14:20:27  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Cormyr, Westgate area.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

ranger_of_the_unicorn_run
Learned Scribe

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  19:52:53  Show Profile Send ranger_of_the_unicorn_run a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really like the Celtic feel of the Moonshaes, though I also like the Dalelands a lot because of the people that live there and the proximity to Cormanthyr.
Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  20:01:21  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Western Heartlands- no idea why.

I like Sembia a lot too -pretty sure I like that one 'cause of Cale .

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  00:00:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've always had some interest in Sembia, especially when it was a region left specifically for DM's to develop.

Thus, my Sembia is a very different place from the one currently depicted in the Realmslore.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

ErskineF
Learned Scribe

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  05:17:56  Show Profile  Visit ErskineF's Homepage Send ErskineF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beirnadri Magranth
I sorta mushed waterdeep into "swordcoast"

Well drat. I assumed it would be included in the North, so that's what I picked. ;)

--
Erskine Fincher
http://forgotten-realms.wandering-dwarf.com/index.php
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  22:17:14  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Favorite? Waterdeep, I think... but I'm also a big fan of Maztica, and not afraid to admit it.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

RedneckBadgerLord
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2009 :  20:33:49  Show Profile  Visit RedneckBadgerLord's Homepage Send RedneckBadgerLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Icewind dale, just pin a sign that says "Drizzt fan" on me.

Redwall. Drizzt. Kentucky. Enough said.

I was weaned on 2E Baldur's Gate. Learned 3.5E, and can't stand 4E WoF. (Though I try not to mess up canon too badly).
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2009 :  05:04:31  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Border Kingdoms! and also the Dalelands.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625

Edited by - skychrome on 28 Sep 2009 02:51:48
Go to Top of Page

savedbygrace
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  06:01:52  Show Profile Send savedbygrace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Sword Coasts. My arrival to Faerun was in the deep water harbor of Waterdeep. I fell in love with the scope of life which inhabits the streets above and halls of Undermountain below. The safety of the ever present Watch and the threat of never diminishing danger struck a fine balance of what one could expect in life. Loads of political intrigue and a thick, mysterious network of officials and non officials also played a hand in stealing my admiration.

Be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  06:36:59  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite area is the Sword Coast. Right now though, I'm a huge fan of the High Forest (what I voted for because I missed the Sword Coast option) and also Cormyr. And yet, I always seem pulled back to where it all began for me... the Sword Coast.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Aerik DeVallo
Seeker

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2009 :  03:31:55  Show Profile Send Aerik DeVallo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rashamen. A people of warriors and shield maidens, ruled by masked witches who take no lip, and are just plain awesome. Even the very land itself is awake with old and mighty power. Puts off a great Norse feel and mood.

My second would have to be both Evermeet, and Cormanthyr in Elminster's time. Simply because elves are awesome.

Edited by - Aerik DeVallo on 11 Aug 2009 03:37:29
Go to Top of Page

Rafe Hasbrouck
Acolyte

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2009 :  11:14:35  Show Profile  Visit Rafe Hasbrouck's Homepage Send Rafe Hasbrouck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chose the Dales, really like the variety and they are surrounded by adventuring opportunity on all sides! And we're adventuring there in our current campaign.
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2009 :  16:58:31  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Moonshaes and Rashemen.

Go to Top of Page

Sandro
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
266 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  10:47:45  Show Profile Send Sandro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely Netheril, mainly due to my love of wizards and magic. I also really like the Sword Coast (likely due to too many hours playing Baldur's Gate), Icewind Dale (I still think there should be an Icewind Dale trilogy that actually spends all its time on the Dale...) and Cormanthyr (the Myth Drannor from Elminster in Myth Drannor is one of my favourite cities, in any fantastic world).

"Gods, little fishes, and spells to turn the one to the other," Mordenkainen sighed. "It's started already..."
Go to Top of Page

Mr_Miscellany
Senior Scribe

545 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2009 :  03:40:15  Show Profile Send Mr_Miscellany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cormyr!
Go to Top of Page

MrsDrasek
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2009 :  00:20:22  Show Profile  Visit MrsDrasek's Homepage Send MrsDrasek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sembia for me.

Part Well...Regret Nothing
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000