Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Favorite forgotten realm?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2007 :  09:15:06  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage  Click to see boddynock's MSN Messenger address Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for the North just because my campaign is in that region now. (just south of the spine of the world)
Go to Top of Page

koz
Seeker

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2007 :  09:56:10  Show Profile  Visit koz's Homepage Send koz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for the Sword Coast. I love the coastal cities of Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate etc... Plus being on the coast gives the aquatic adventures more of a chance to shine. I like the balance between land and sea adventures and how they tend to overlap to add depth and scale to the stories. The guilds are very interesting too.
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2007 :  13:55:45  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really like the whole Mulhorand, Unther, Threskel, Chessenta, Aglarond, Wizard's Reach area, and the Damara, Vaasa, Narfell, Impiltur area.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2007 :  23:57:56  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't choose a favorite. There are so many Realms I like for different reasons.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  15:41:20  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Which is your favorite forgotten realm?"

I've forgotten.

I voted for The North, but if there was an 'All of them" option I would have chosen that.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Grehnar
Seeker

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2007 :  23:18:02  Show Profile  Visit Grehnar's Homepage Send Grehnar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a soft spot for those areas that fall between the cracks.
There are a few off-shore islands near the Sword Coast that don't seem to count as Sword Coast nor are they the Moonshaes.
I like the odd bit of fuzzyness in a detailed setting.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2007 :  01:29:11  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grehnar

I have a soft spot for those areas that fall between the cracks.
There are a few off-shore islands near the Sword Coast that don't seem to count as Sword Coast nor are they the Moonshaes.
I like the odd bit of fuzzyness in a detailed setting.

Me too.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Ranin
Learned Scribe

88 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2007 :  05:10:46  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite Realm definitely would be the Realms of the Underwater Races, Amn, and the Underdark.

I love the Submarine world even though I have'nt read any tales of them. I just think a race of fishmen and their cities along with mer people and Sea Elves sounds cool.

I love of because of the variety of Races that live there and the intrigue of Athkatla.

The Underdark is also my favorite because it has alien creatures and the mystery of the dangerous place intrigues me.

If I had to pick one, I would pick the latter.

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.
Go to Top of Page

Ranin
Learned Scribe

88 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2007 :  19:00:43  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ohhh...the Shining South must be cool too.

Brynnlaw and the Pirate Isles would be a nice destination i'm sure.

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.
Go to Top of Page

Pharaun Mizzrym
Seeker

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2007 :  00:25:09  Show Profile  Visit Pharaun Mizzrym's Homepage Send Pharaun Mizzrym a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thay is the best!
Go to Top of Page

Vitellia
Acolyte

Germany
12 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  12:54:55  Show Profile  Visit Vitellia's Homepage  Send Vitellia an ICQ Message Send Vitellia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I think every corner of the Realms has something interesting in store. I voted for the Sword Coast, as I really love Waterdeep, but it is closely followed by Cormyr, albeit the one where King Azoun was still alive
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30203 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  14:20:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vitellia

Well, I think every corner of the Realms has something interesting in store. I voted for the Sword Coast, as I really love Waterdeep, but it is closely followed by Cormyr, albeit the one where King Azoun was still alive

King Azoun is still alive... King Azoun V, that is.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Vitellia
Acolyte

Germany
12 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  16:00:56  Show Profile  Visit Vitellia's Homepage  Send Vitellia an ICQ Message Send Vitellia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

King Azoun is still alive... King Azoun V, that is.

That's not exactly the same ... obviously

Vitellia (thinking of those good old days ...)
Go to Top of Page

sirreus
Learned Scribe

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  17:44:11  Show Profile  Visit sirreus's Homepage Send sirreus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
vilhon reach, western heartlands, the coldlands, and dambreth (1/2 drow, oohhhh!)

"The measure of an undisciplined mind, is that the intellect allows emotion to challenge the observed truth" Richard Baker
Go to Top of Page

Ugly is the new black
Learned Scribe

Australia
81 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2007 :  14:13:00  Show Profile  Visit Ugly is the new black's Homepage Send Ugly is the new black a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Calimport: You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

love,
nathan.

As he knelt on the ground with his brothers around and the taste of his blood on his tongue,
His brothers knelt by him and prayed him a prayer, and he smiled and he laughed and he sung,
"Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman's taken my life,
But what does it matter? For all men must die, and I've tasted the Dornishman's wife!"
Go to Top of Page

Daniel of the North
Seeker

Norway
30 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2007 :  08:32:09  Show Profile  Visit Daniel of the North's Homepage Send Daniel of the North a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading this thread makes me realize that I know all too little about this realm. And what a thrilling realm it is! I find every corner of this world interesting, choosing is impossible.

THE ART OF ESCAPING REALITY
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2007 :  17:33:36  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
silver marches, all the way!

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
520 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2007 :  19:02:30  Show Profile  Visit GRYPHON's Homepage Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Dalelands...

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
569 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  20:55:40  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mulhorand

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Kilsek
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  14:14:57  Show Profile  Visit Kilsek's Homepage  Send Kilsek an AOL message  Send Kilsek a Yahoo! Message Send Kilsek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cormyr, cause Underdark isnt there

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons | Our new Minis Price guide | Geeked D&D Banner Exchange
Jiv'elgg lueth jiv'undus phuul jivvin. L'elamshin d'lil Ilythiiri zhah ulu har'luth jal.
Torture and pain are fun. The destiny of the Drow is to conquer all.
Go to Top of Page

StarBog
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  14:35:17  Show Profile  Visit StarBog's Homepage Send StarBog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kilsek

Heh. Glad to see I'm not alone in disliking the whole Underdark thing.

Ironically enough, I voted for Waterdeep though.
Go to Top of Page

Shottglazz
Seeker

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  15:09:19  Show Profile Send Shottglazz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went with the Sword Coast, because it's the closest I saw to Waterdeep...love Waterdeep - Undermountain underneath, lots of memories from campaigns there...

Shottglazz

"Take my love, Take my land, Take me where I cannot stand;
I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
Go to Top of Page

Kilsek
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  17:39:58  Show Profile  Visit Kilsek's Homepage  Send Kilsek an AOL message  Send Kilsek a Yahoo! Message Send Kilsek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StarBog

quote:
Originally posted by Kilsek

Heh. Glad to see I'm not alone in disliking the whole Underdark thing.

Ironically enough, I voted for Waterdeep though.

uhmm I like the Underdark. hence the name Kilsek. well pre 4.0

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons | Our new Minis Price guide | Geeked D&D Banner Exchange
Jiv'elgg lueth jiv'undus phuul jivvin. L'elamshin d'lil Ilythiiri zhah ulu har'luth jal.
Torture and pain are fun. The destiny of the Drow is to conquer all.
Go to Top of Page

marc-end
Acolyte

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2008 :  15:21:53  Show Profile Send marc-end a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The best and most exciting adventure I have been in was in the Jungles of Chult. So I vote for that one. Without voting ofcourse

Edited by - marc-end on 19 Aug 2008 16:22:57
Go to Top of Page

IngoDjan
Learned Scribe

Brazil
146 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2008 :  05:45:06  Show Profile  Visit IngoDjan's Homepage  Click to see IngoDjan's MSN Messenger address Send IngoDjan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DALELAND!

Ingo Djan
DUNGEON MASTER AO OF THE DIAMONDS!
"I see the future repeat the past. It all is a museum of great news. The Time do not stop."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000