Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Favorite forgotten realm?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  14:33:19  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rezzenthell

I like Neverwinter, especially the cloak tower.

I agree. I would love to have more info on Neverwinter

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

szasstamsgroupie
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  22:57:10  Show Profile  Visit szasstamsgroupie's Homepage Send szasstamsgroupie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anywhere Szass Tam is (Thay). ***Sigh*** He is sooo dreamy. LOL.

Talk nerdy to me, baby!
Go to Top of Page

vicar
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  20:31:55  Show Profile  Visit vicar's Homepage Send vicar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, my beloved Moonshae is losing badly in thne polls! Who'd have thunk it; I love the Moonshaes. Sembia too.

The Vicar
Geeklabel.com
T-Shirts for geeks, gamers & tech-heads
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  20:55:48  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for Cormyr.

Hail to the King.

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  00:38:53  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tricky qestion...I like most settings to be honest.But the top three would be Waterdeep and the North, The Lands of Intrigue and Cormyr prior to Azounīs death.

~ In Finder I trust, for danger I lust ~
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2006 :  23:04:51  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vicar

Wow, my beloved Moonshae is losing badly in thne polls! Who'd have thunk it; I love the Moonshaes. Sembia too.

well. you must like diversity. But I like the Moonshaes. Nothing has been done with that area in quite sometime. I have the 1e sourcebook.

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2006 :  00:37:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

quote:
Originally posted by vicar

well. you must like diversity. But I like the Moonshaes. Nothing has been done with that area in quite sometime. I have the 1e sourcebook.

There's also Ed's Halls of the High King, which I feel goes some way toward naturalizing Doug's independently conceived Moonshae Isles into the Realms.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Twilight
Seeker

Canada
68 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2006 :  07:04:37  Show Profile  Visit Twilight's Homepage Send Twilight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thay All the way
Go to Top of Page

Marquant Volker
Learned Scribe

Greece
273 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2006 :  11:18:20  Show Profile Send Marquant Volker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sword Coast/North its classic, its colourfull, its Forgotten Realms
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2006 :  23:22:20  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hm...Favorite Forgotten Realm...Well, Baldur's Gate is as close to home as it gets...That's where I grew up, I tell you! 'Twas Minsc and Boo and I...Then there's Aglarond, which I like because it's Elvish, like Aglaranna! It translates into 'Shining House' or something...I think Aglaranna is 'Shining Moon', but I can't really remember...But my absolute favorite Forgotten Realm must be Halruaa! Except for their politics. Scary.

"You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose the path that's clear
I will choose freewill." -'Freewill' by Rush
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  00:59:36  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marquant Volker

Sword Coast/North its classic, its colourfull, its Forgotten Realms

Have ta agree with MV here.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  02:52:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aglaranna

Hm...Favorite Forgotten Realm...Well, Baldur's Gate is as close to home as it gets...That's where I grew up, I tell you! 'Twas Minsc and Boo and I...Then there's Aglarond, which I like because it's Elvish, like Aglaranna! It translates into 'Shining House' or something...I think Aglaranna is 'Shining Moon', but I can't really remember...But my absolute favorite Forgotten Realm must be Halruaa! Except for their politics. Scary.

Aglaranna is indeed Shining Moon, but, IIRC, it's in an ancient version of the elven tongue. And Elvandar isn't to be found in the Realms.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  20:37:43  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah...I have to bend the laws of the time/space continuum with an interdimensional portal to get there... Interdimensional portals are very hard to find!

"You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose the path that's clear
I will choose freewill." -'Freewill' by Rush

Edited by - Aglaranna on 18 Dec 2006 20:39:22
Go to Top of Page

Lemernis
Senior Scribe

378 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2006 :  13:45:15  Show Profile  Visit Lemernis's Homepage Send Lemernis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm very taken with Amn since I began researching its lore for a NWN2 persistent world project set to begin in Amn in the early winter of 1370 (see sig).

To be honest, based strictly on my experience from the Baldur's Gate II game I can't say I was all that enthused about Amn. But since I began pouring over Lands of Intrigue and Empires of the Sands, and studying up on the monster races of the Sythillisian Empire, I find the tensions built in to this setting make it about as dynamic as you could ever hope for.

For example, I love the fact that you have ogres, Underdark hobgoblins, goblins, kobolds, hill giants, and human Cyricists occupying the grand, highly cultured Amnian cities such of Esmeltaran and Murann. Those races are so often just cannon fodder in a campaign, so to get a glimpse of them up close is very fresh material to work with. Eg, what are the cultures of these monster races like? How do they interact with one another? How did Sythillis manage to bring all these monster races together? What will Tethyr do in response to all this? How are Amnians, with all their internal plots and intrigues dealing with the occupation, and handling this invasion in general? And so forth.

I will always have a fondess for the Western Heartlands from the BG games, but I'm increasingly drawn to the lands to the south: Amn, Tethyr, Calimshan, Lapaliiya, the Shaar, Great Rift, Halruaa, Dambrath, Lurien, and the "Shining Lands" of Durpar, Var the Golden, and Estagund. I'm interested in developing these as campaign worlds with the same level of detail as the (seemingly more popular) lands to the north, working with a team to add nuance and detail to them.
Go to Top of Page

Danubus36
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2006 :  18:45:31  Show Profile  Visit Danubus36's Homepage Send Danubus36 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im a big fan of the Western Heartlands and Cold Lands. After doing a lot of research about Tiamat I'm also rathe jazzed about Unther and the surrounding regions like Chessenta.

ADM of Cold Lands server-ALFA
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2007 :  09:15:06  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for the North just because my campaign is in that region now. (just south of the spine of the world)
Go to Top of Page

koz
Seeker

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2007 :  09:56:10  Show Profile  Visit koz's Homepage Send koz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for the Sword Coast. I love the coastal cities of Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate etc... Plus being on the coast gives the aquatic adventures more of a chance to shine. I like the balance between land and sea adventures and how they tend to overlap to add depth and scale to the stories. The guilds are very interesting too.
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2007 :  13:55:45  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really like the whole Mulhorand, Unther, Threskel, Chessenta, Aglarond, Wizard's Reach area, and the Damara, Vaasa, Narfell, Impiltur area.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2007 :  23:57:56  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't choose a favorite. There are so many Realms I like for different reasons.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  15:41:20  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Which is your favorite forgotten realm?"

I've forgotten.

I voted for The North, but if there was an 'All of them" option I would have chosen that.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Grehnar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2007 :  23:18:02  Show Profile  Visit Grehnar's Homepage Send Grehnar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a soft spot for those areas that fall between the cracks.
There are a few off-shore islands near the Sword Coast that don't seem to count as Sword Coast nor are they the Moonshaes.
I like the odd bit of fuzzyness in a detailed setting.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2007 :  01:29:11  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grehnar

I have a soft spot for those areas that fall between the cracks.
There are a few off-shore islands near the Sword Coast that don't seem to count as Sword Coast nor are they the Moonshaes.
I like the odd bit of fuzzyness in a detailed setting.

Me too.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Ranin
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2007 :  05:10:46  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite Realm definitely would be the Realms of the Underwater Races, Amn, and the Underdark.

I love the Submarine world even though I have'nt read any tales of them. I just think a race of fishmen and their cities along with mer people and Sea Elves sounds cool.

I love of because of the variety of Races that live there and the intrigue of Athkatla.

The Underdark is also my favorite because it has alien creatures and the mystery of the dangerous place intrigues me.

If I had to pick one, I would pick the latter.

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.
Go to Top of Page

Ranin
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2007 :  19:00:43  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ohhh...the Shining South must be cool too.

Brynnlaw and the Pirate Isles would be a nice destination i'm sure.

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.
Go to Top of Page

Pharaun Mizzrym
Acolyte

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2007 :  00:25:09  Show Profile  Visit Pharaun Mizzrym's Homepage Send Pharaun Mizzrym a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thay is the best!
Go to Top of Page

Vitellia
Acolyte

Germany
12 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  12:54:55  Show Profile  Visit Vitellia's Homepage Send Vitellia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I think every corner of the Realms has something interesting in store. I voted for the Sword Coast, as I really love Waterdeep, but it is closely followed by Cormyr, albeit the one where King Azoun was still alive
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  14:20:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vitellia

Well, I think every corner of the Realms has something interesting in store. I voted for the Sword Coast, as I really love Waterdeep, but it is closely followed by Cormyr, albeit the one where King Azoun was still alive

King Azoun is still alive... King Azoun V, that is.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Vitellia
Acolyte

Germany
12 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  16:00:56  Show Profile  Visit Vitellia's Homepage Send Vitellia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

King Azoun is still alive... King Azoun V, that is.

That's not exactly the same ... obviously

Vitellia (thinking of those good old days ...)
Go to Top of Page

sirreus
Learned Scribe

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  17:44:11  Show Profile  Visit sirreus's Homepage Send sirreus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
vilhon reach, western heartlands, the coldlands, and dambreth (1/2 drow, oohhhh!)

"The measure of an undisciplined mind, is that the intellect allows emotion to challenge the observed truth" Richard Baker
Go to Top of Page

Ugly is the new black
Seeker

Australia
81 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2007 :  14:13:00  Show Profile  Visit Ugly is the new black's Homepage Send Ugly is the new black a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Calimport: You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

love,
nathan.

As he knelt on the ground with his brothers around and the taste of his blood on his tongue,
His brothers knelt by him and prayed him a prayer, and he smiled and he laughed and he sung,
"Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman's taken my life,
But what does it matter? For all men must die, and I've tasted the Dornishman's wife!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000