Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Bhaalite temples after Bhaal's death
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Verghityax
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  08:15:33  Show Profile  Visit Verghityax's Homepage Send Verghityax a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Great sages,
Do you by any chance know what happened to all the Bhaalite temples once Bhaal has been killed by Cyric? I'm particularly interested in the fate of Citadel of Assassins in Damara and Murder Hall in Tashalar. Thanks in advance for any help.

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2005 :  07:27:13  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, most likely the places would have been taken over by Cyricists as he has become the new Lord of Murder. I would think at the very least they would be abandoned since Bhaal is dead.

If I remember correctly, there's an active temple to Bhaal listed in an entry in LEoF.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2005 :  11:01:37  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Well, most likely the places would have been taken over by Cyricists as he has become the new Lord of Murder. I would think at the very least they would be abandoned since Bhaal is dead.

If I remember correctly, there's an active temple to Bhaal listed in an entry in LEoF.

Aren`t there some worshippers of Bhaal(deathstalkers or something like that) who are still trying to resurrect him?

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2005 :  13:02:04  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Banites may wanted to have take over as well, since they have a running feud with the Cyricists. They might have taken the temple while they were Xvim followers just to keep Cyric from getting that much of an upper hand.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2005 :  02:38:36  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Aren`t there some worshippers of Bhaal(deathstalkers or something like that) who are still trying to resurrect him?

Yes, but I don't think it would be very successful. Nobody in the Realms wants Bhaal back. The good guys would not want another evil god to return while evil guys like Cyricists would not want Bhaal to come back and take away their god's portfolio of murder.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Wilson
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  15:05:41  Show Profile  Visit Mr. Wilson's Homepage Send Mr. Wilson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I forgot in which recent issue of Dragon it was in, but I believe there is a 3.5 PrC for Bhaalists. I don't have the issue in front of me, but I believe there was some information on the sect post-ToT.

"I've got a plan..."- Dan
"Nothing good has ever come after those four words." - Jesse
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  15:14:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Twas the "Deathstalkers" article by Tom Costa. They're detailed in DRAGON #322.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000