Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 More FR novels for Thomas, Paul, Lisa and Richard?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2005 :  03:49:20  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Ive just noticed that within the next 9 months or so I number of FR trilogies will be winding up

The last book in Thomas Reids Scions of Arrabar series comes out next month

The last book in Paul Kemps Erevis Cale series comes out in November

The Last year of Rogue Dragons novel by Richard Lee Byers comes out early next year and so does the last book in Lisa Smedmans House of Serpent series

So... What are you authors doing for 2006-2007?

Your not going to let all those Young Wipper snapper authors take all the FR glory are you?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2005 :  05:40:40  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't talk about what comes after Year of Rogue Dragons. Not yet. But I do anticipate contributing more fiction to the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2005 :  22:28:23  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking on this topic the other day myself.Though maybe not all of the authors mentioned,but a couple of them.Can any of the four that Dargoth mentioned say a little more than Richard???We know that Paul is going to do another trilogy with Cale correct???Lisa,Thomas???How about some of the newer authors????

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  05:38:23  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Though I can't talk specifics, yet, rest assured that more Realmsian fun is forthcoming from my keyboard. I am contracted to write another trilogy of novels for '06, '07, and '08.

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  05:44:41  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes! It's good to know that my favourite authors are going to be writing more on the Realms. God bless you authors for writing more FR novels and taking more money out of my wallet!

Wait a second... that last one didn't make much sense. Lol.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  12:32:18  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to hear that you are not drained completetly. New books meen new fun and gaming for me and my friends... So start typing! Looking forward to reading the new books.

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 27 Jul 2005 17:28:21
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  16:13:15  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Yes! It's good to know that my favourite authors are going to be writing more on the Realms. God bless you authors for writing more FR novels and taking more money out of my wallet!

Wait a second... that last one didn't make much sense. Lol.

Well, according to more than one theory on how economics work; Spending leads to increased wealth for the whole society as a whole - leading to more money in your pocket to spend, leading to even more general wealth, and so on. So from that perspective it makes sense

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  16:18:36  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So Thomas is pretty much sure to have another few books.

Paul has another trilogy coming out that he has mentioned as an RSE.

Richard is a bid move evasive, but he looks likely.

So Lisa is the only one of the originally mentioned one that we don't know about.
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  01:44:08  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas M. Reid

Though I can't talk specifics, yet, rest assured that more Realmsian fun is forthcoming from my keyboard. I am contracted to write another trilogy of novels for '06, '07, and '08.

Thomas

Without getting specific Thomas.New character or old one????My fingers are crossed hoping that you can drop a little something to The Keep

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  02:37:37  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Young Wipper snapper authors?"

HA!

Though I do like, you know, writing books, I'm quite glad stuff is coming out from some of the more established sages as well! Wizards has a way of hanging on to its authors as best it can.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  14:49:17  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

[quote]Without getting specific Thomas.New character or old one????My fingers are crossed hoping that you can drop a little something to The Keep

Sorry, I really can't say anything about it at the moment. But I promise to divulge more at a later date.

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  16:35:53  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright Thomas.I'll quit badgering....

Go to Top of Page

Toedoe
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2005 :  18:28:43  Show Profile Send Toedoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PLEASE, let one of them be writing about a religious war between Cyric and Bane. Ending with Cyric killing Bane and Bane STAYING dead!
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2005 :  18:32:30  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Toedoe

PLEASE, let one of them be writing about a religious war between Cyric and Bane. Ending with Cyric killing Bane and Bane STAYING dead!

I don't see this happening!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2005 :  19:31:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Bah. Kill them both and bring back Iyachtu Xvim.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2005 :  23:31:01  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

HEAR, HEAR!!!
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2005 :  00:06:57  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cyric's a wussy little sissy boy and Bane will make mince meat out of him.

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2005 :  01:39:55  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
War between Cyric and Bane? Hmmm, Cyric is very cunning and devious while Bane lacked Cyric's cunning but Bane is just simply straightforward. So it is interesting to see the two gods fight it out.
But Mask should be involved as well as Mask is also considered a near match to Cyric in terms of cunning and intelligence. I say I would prefer a three way war between Cyric, Mask, Bane.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Toedoe
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2005 :  14:08:07  Show Profile Send Toedoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

War between Cyric and Bane? Hmmm, Cyric is very cunning and devious while Bane lacked Cyric's cunning but Bane is just simply straightforward. So it is interesting to see the two gods fight it out.
But Mask should be involved as well as Mask is also considered a near match to Cyric in terms of cunning and intelligence. I say I would prefer a three way war between Cyric, Mask, Bane.

If Mask joined the fight, I believe Shar would too, she does want to do away with Mask and get Shadow for herself. So I can see a tag team with Cyric & Shar vs. Bane & Mask. Ending in Cyric and Shar for the win.
Go to Top of Page

Krafus
Learned Scribe

246 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2005 :  14:13:15  Show Profile  Visit Krafus's Homepage Send Krafus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

On the contrary. Let us be rid of that incompetent buffoon Cyric. That moron was making greater evil gods into laughingstocks. The return of Bane is one of the best things to happen for years.
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2005 :  14:15:04  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lameth

quote:

quote:

HEAR, HEAR!!!

Exactly. Xvims name sounds better too.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2005 :  17:02:11  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Am I the only one who feel that there's been enough deicides and god-rebirths as it is then?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2005 :  18:00:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Am I the only one who feel that there's been enough deicides and god-rebirths as it is then?

No, you are not. And as discussed elsewhere in these forums, deific throwdowns are incredibly unlikely.

So, having said that, could we perhaps get back to the original topic, future novels by some of the "newcomers" to the Realms?

Go to Top of Page

Toedoe
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2005 :  02:13:02  Show Profile Send Toedoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

No, you are not. And as discussed elsewhere in these forums, deific throwdowns are incredibly unlikely.

So, having said that, could we perhaps get back to the original topic, future novels by some of the "newcomers" to the Realms?

I believe the original topic was about what Thomas, Paul, and Richard would be doing in the future.
Go to Top of Page

SheriffJoe
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2005 :  19:45:36  Show Profile  Visit SheriffJoe's Homepage Send SheriffJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And Lisa...let's not forget Lisa.

:)

SheriffJoe
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  20:30:40  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck to Paul Kemp on his newly announced trilogy that will deal with the Shades.

SB
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  22:08:55  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Good luck to Paul Kemp on his newly announced trilogy that will deal with the Shades.

SB

Well met

Ahhhh, do ye have any other specifics on this, Sirius? Mayhaps this is the continuation of the hanging situation from The Return of the Archwizards Trilogy?

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  00:00:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

SB

Well met

Ahhhh, do ye have any other specifics on this, Sirius? Mayhaps this is the continuation of the hanging situation from The Return of the Archwizards Trilogy?

He mentions it in his blog. It's an RSE dealing with Shade and the characters from the Erevis Cale trilogy.

I'll leave it to him to provide more details.

Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  11:41:46  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

SB

Well met

He mentions it in his blog. It's an RSE dealing with Shade and the characters from the Erevis Cale trilogy.

I'll leave it to him to provide more details.

.......................YES,YES,YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT LAST!

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  12:56:19  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh dear not another RSE

Warning contains spoilers from Several novel trilogies

Weve had

1)Elaine C ripping up Evermeet in Evermeet a novel

2) Ed and Troy having stiring up trouble and "Regime change" in Cormyr

3)Troy Denning smacking the elves of Everdesk (Yes I suspect Ive mispelled it) with the Shades and Phaerim

4)Richard Byer running rampant in the Moonsea/Damara/Northn coast of Sea of Fallen Stars (and potentially EVERYWHERE)

5)Richard Baker causing trouble in the Dalelands and Moonsea

Much as I love a Realms shaking event there starting to get a little to frequent for my liking.

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  13:54:06  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

SB

Whoa, it would be good to see shades versus shade, one shade against 500(estimated number) shades of Shade Enclave, I am seriously anticipating this upcoming RSE with the utmost eagerness.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000