Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 More FR novels for Thomas, Paul, Lisa and Richard?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  14:04:38  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Whoa, it would be good to see shades versus shade, one shade against 500(estimated number) shades of Shade Enclave, I am seriously anticipating this upcoming RSE with the utmost eagerness.

*takes out his Shield of Uber-fan Resistance +5* Unless of course Cale is the one who's gonna bite the dust in Midnight's Mask. But nonetheless, it certainly is the right combination for Kemp. He's done alot of dark books with Shade, shadow and such and it really isn't much of a surprise to me that the next trilogy will have to do with Shades.

Edited by - Paec_djinn on 22 Aug 2005 14:05:53
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  17:29:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Oh dear not another RSE

Warning contains spoilers from Several novel trilogies

Weve had

1)Elaine C ripping up Evermeet in Evermeet a novel

2) Ed and Troy having stiring up trouble and "Regime change" in Cormyr

3)Troy Denning smacking the elves of Everdesk (Yes I suspect Ive mispelled it) with the Shades and Phaerim

4)Richard Byer running rampant in the Moonsea/Damara/Northn coast of Sea of Fallen Stars (and potentially EVERYWHERE)

5)Richard Baker causing trouble in the Dalelands and Moonsea

Much as I love a Realms shaking event there starting to get a little to frequent for my liking.

Hopefully it'll be limited in scope, maybe just affecting Shade.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6651 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2005 :  02:22:59  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Good luck to Paul Kemp on his newly announced trilogy that will deal with the Shades.

SB

I fourth or fifth SB's well wishes for Paul. The City of Shade being a 3E phenomenon (relatively) gives Paul lots of scope here, but also an opportunity to reveal some of the secrets and lore of Netheril, Shar and the Shadow Weave. Tread carefully Paul - lots of rabid FR fans out there who have claimed that latter topic as their own and muse on it almost constantly. I say, just have fun and keep churning out good FR prose!:)

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2005 :  02:37:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I fourth or fifth SB's well wishes for Paul.
Make me next in line .

quote:
The City of Shade being a 3E phenomenon (relatively) gives Paul lots of scope here, but also an opportunity to reveal some of the secrets and lore of Netheril, Shar and the Shadow Weave.
I was wondering this myself -- especially about ancient secrets regarding the latter eras of Netheril. The potential here for quality Realmslore is intriguing...

quote:
I say, just have fun and keep churning out good FR prose!:)
Well said!

You've chosen a great Realms sandbox to build your castle Paul... I can't wait to walk it's halls .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  02:39:47  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lisa just dropped into her thread in the authors forum and said that shes writing another FR trilogy. Alaas no details yet.

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Renzokuken
Acolyte

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  18:41:40  Show Profile  Visit Renzokuken's Homepage Send Renzokuken a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is excellent news. I always love hearing that a new trilogy is coming our way. Makes me all giddy inside.

Currently reading: Dark Elf Trilogy (FR)
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2005 :  02:10:56  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Lisa just dropped into her thread in the authors forum and said that shes writing another FR trilogy. Alaas no details yet.

Lisa has just let the cat out of the bag

"I also got the go-ahead from WOTC to tell you all about my next project. It's going to be a trilogy (titles yet to be hashed out) that focuses on the drow. Specifically, on Hallistra of the War of the Spider Queen series. It's going to continue one of the threads from that series, and should be a blast to write. The first book is scheduled for release in February 2006.
And that's all I'm allowed to say"

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 26 Oct 2005 03:39:27
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2005 :  03:07:48  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More drow?

But in spite of that initial thought, I really enjoy Lisa Smedman's writing, so I've no doubt it will be good.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  22:40:16  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are probally more books about dark elves than regular elves at this point haha. But I am looking forward toreading more abotu Hallistra and hopefully some of the others from WotSQ series will make an apparence
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  20:22:38  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beezy

There are probally more books about dark elves than regular elves at this point haha.

I've often thought the same thing, myself...

But like I said, what's important is how well the characters are written.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

jameslt0
Seeker

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2005 :  01:49:19  Show Profile  Visit jameslt0's Homepage Send jameslt0 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas M. Reid

quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

[quote]Without getting specific Thomas.New character or old one????My fingers are crossed hoping that you can drop a little something to The Keep

Sorry, I really can't say anything about it at the moment. But I promise to divulge more at a later date.

Thomas

Just knowing that there are going to be future projects is good enough for me. I don't need details, just knowing your keeping your quill, plenty of ink and parchment on hand is enough info.

James
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000