Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 If Troy Denning and the guys from Bioware . . .
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2005 :  22:18:35  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Heh heh. I had an evil though browsing through a few posts here recently, and it cross fertilized something in my mind. What would happen in WOTC decided to release a new FRCS and let Troy Denning and the guys from Bioware be the creative directors.

I am pretty sure Troy's pedigree is already know to most of my fellow scribes. Besides Mephistophiles' rampabe in HOTU, there is another reason to point out that the Bioware guys might have a destructive streak in them.

On the Bioware forums there were a few people that used to play in the home campaign of the company's founders, and shared a few details about the campaign. Apparently Thay fell into a huge chasm after Eltab broke free, a massive war killed half the population of Faerun, and the continent then became embroiled in a war with Oerik, which was found out to be located on another continent on Toril.

(all of the above arose from a discussion on the origin of several of the Baldur's Gate NPC party memebers who apparently appeared in the home campaign as well).

So if you think Troy did a number on Tilverton, just think what they could do together!

Any scribes care to contribute to my delusional speculative brainstorming?

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2005 :  22:23:02  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I seriously doubt Denning nuked Tilverton all on his own, without some kind of approval from wotc. I guess they even asked for it, to shake up the setting.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2005 :  22:23:26  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, after re-read in the last week the Prism Pentad last book, the Cerulean Storm, I don´t have any doubt that Deathstar Denning can be "the man", if we need to relocate Toril to Grazzt layers...

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2005 :  22:43:50  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I do agree about Tilverton, since WOTC are the ones that mandated Azoun's death as well. But you have to admit, it you want someone to kill someone or destroy something major . . . *cough* Anakin *cough*
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2005 :  12:34:30  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snotlord

I seriously doubt Denning nuked Tilverton all on his own, without some kind of approval from wotc. I guess they even asked for it, to shake up the setting.

I've no idea if WOTC asked for the loss of Tilverton or if Mr. Denning came up with it on his own. However, you bring up an excellent point there are many people involved with a novel's publication. If one of the higher ups disliked the idea of Tilverton being destroyed, I don't think it would have happened.

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2005 :  12:59:18  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm what it would the Realms be like if Troy "Death Star" Denning and Bioware did the FR camapign setting..........

I imagine the realms would resemble the opening scenes of Terminator 2

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Krafus
Learned Scribe

246 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2005 :  17:21:26  Show Profile  Visit Krafus's Homepage Send Krafus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Troy "Death Star" Denning + Bioware = smoking crater where whatever city they decide to set their story used to be...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000