Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Whatever happened to...?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Myssa Rei
Acolyte

Philippines
22 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2005 :  04:14:55  Show Profile  Visit Myssa Rei's Homepage Send Myssa Rei a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings, sages. Since no one at the FR forum can't seem to help me out, I figured it wouldn't hurt asking here.

I've always wondered about the current status of the mage Amelior Amanitas. It's been, what, 4 years since the Year of the Tankard (1370 DR, the date listed in The North supplement), and I've always wondered what he's been up to since that time. Is he even still alive?

How about Ghelkyn Stormwind? Or Tchandrae Euinwood, the girl gifted with that queer Legend Lore ability? It had been posited at the time that (according to Elminster), Mystra seems to have plans for the youngster...

Their current whereabouts (or the lack thereof of any information concerning them) had been weighing on my mind for a while, especially after the upheavals the North had just recently experienced (the Threat from the Sea, the Return of the Archwizards, and the Dragon Rage, to name a few, not to mention the rise of the Kingdom of Many Arrows)...

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2005 :  07:52:24  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
priginally posted by Myssa Rei
How about Ghelkyn Stormwind?

Hmm.... too bad for this poor chap. he is now a Cyricist, a enforcer for the secret church of Cyric in waterdeep. There is a huge price on his head for any hero able to slay or brinng him to justice. Well, he was raised and trained as a Cyricist.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

silvermage
Seeker

77 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2005 :  07:59:21  Show Profile  Visit silvermage's Homepage Send silvermage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

quote:
priginally posted by Myssa Rei
How about Ghelkyn Stormwind?

Hmm.... too bad for this poor chap. he is now a Cyricist, a enforcer for the secret church of Cyric in waterdeep. There is a huge price on his head for any hero able to slay or brinng him to justice. Well, he was raised and trained as a Cyricist.

What? Ghelkyn Stormwind a Cyricist? Hmm.. how is it I do not know of this....well, Cyricists tend to end up with bad ends anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Myssa Rei
Acolyte

Philippines
22 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2005 :  12:27:29  Show Profile  Visit Myssa Rei's Homepage Send Myssa Rei a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ghelkyn... A Cyricist?! How? The guy was listed as Chaotic Good, for crying out loud.

And, for that matter, when? Is this change even canon? -_-;;
Go to Top of Page

Rivalen
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2005 :  12:29:22  Show Profile  Visit Rivalen's Homepage Send Rivalen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, its true that he was born and raised by an Cyricist father and mixed around with the wrong type of people-the Cyricist. He is now in Waterdeep, marshaling Cyricists.

Fight to win, but donlt fight too long or for glorious tales.
Go to Top of Page

FreezeChaser
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2005 :  12:37:14  Show Profile  Visit FreezeChaser's Homepage Send FreezeChaser a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps post a history on this Cyricist would be a better answer to this topic question.
Go to Top of Page

Rivalen
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2005 :  12:55:41  Show Profile  Visit Rivalen's Homepage Send Rivalen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe try this link:

http://www.candlekeep.com/campaign/chars/ghelkyn.htm

Fight to win, but donlt fight too long or for glorious tales.
Go to Top of Page

Myssa Rei
Acolyte

Philippines
22 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2005 :  17:17:53  Show Profile  Visit Myssa Rei's Homepage Send Myssa Rei a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, now I understand. The NPC in the North supplement shares the same name with that player character. For a Cyricist though, he's a little too, err, *lawful*, don't you think?

Still, this does nothing to answer my query on what the current status of Ghelkyn the mage is... Or the other NPCs in question.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  01:22:18  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
His current status, along with Amelior and Tchandrae are whatever you want them to be. There has been no further products on the North aside from Silver Marches in 3E. Therefore you are free to do with them what you want.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Myssa Rei
Acolyte

Philippines
22 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  01:44:13  Show Profile  Visit Myssa Rei's Homepage Send Myssa Rei a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I'll just have to interpolate on their individual fates... Hmm, Amelior would make a good patron for starting adventurers, don't you think?

Never underestimate the power of a good story.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  11:43:36  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amelior? Heard that some sources proclaimed he had retired from service, just wishing to relax and enjoy life. But he is still willing to render aid when he see as necessary.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  22:56:54  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amelior is a mouthpiece-character of Paul Jaquays, and it'd be nice if WotC continues to be hands-off with him as they are with Ed's campaigns' PCs.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  11:35:39  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

Amelior is a mouthpiece-character of Paul Jaquays, and it'd be nice if WotC continues to be hands-off with him as they are with Ed's campaigns' PCs.

Hmmm.....perhaps you are right.

Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  17:04:59  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Amelior does not appear in the forthcoming novel Son of Thunder, but you may just find a one-line reference to him (unless it gets cut for some reason).
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  02:59:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Murray Leeder

Amelior does not appear in the forthcoming novel Son of Thunder, but you may just find a one-line reference to him (unless it gets cut for some reason).
Another point connecting to the previous Realmslore.

Nice one Murray .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2020 :  00:31:56  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeker Myssa Rei,

Interestingly enough, he was in module DQ1: The Shattered Statue, but I never have had my hands on it, so I don't know what part he had in it. Anyone know if that module shed any light on his comings and going?

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2020 :  03:48:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This discussion hasn't been touched in 15 years, and the OP hasn't been here in 13 years...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 13 Sep 2020 03:49:26
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2020 :  04:22:30  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep a Necromancer...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2020 :  04:45:02  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

Indeed you are of course correct that this scroll has not been touched in a bit of time. That much is true.

However...I was searching for interesting individuals of a possible Cyric background, who may be in the know of a few things, and indeed a search within the vaunted 'Sages of Realmslore' section showed up two responses from approximately the same time frame.

As such, I inquired with the many sages that peruse these halls if they had in fact any knowledge of Amelior Amanitas being, noticeably, within the module DQ1: The Shattered Statue.

Thought it was out of politeness directed towards Seeker Rei, it was intended as seen to go towards the many other active sages of the Keep.

Best regards as always,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

This discussion hasn't been touched in 15 years, and the OP hasn't been here in 13 years...

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000