Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Chaotic Orders
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jindael
Senior Scribe

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  22:06:53  Show Profile  Visit Jindael's Homepage Send Jindael a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

I was going to go through and play with some options for the variant paladin alignments given in Unearthed Arcana with the gods of FR.

Now, while coming up with Paladin of Tyranny (LE) orders should be easy, I wondering about Freedom and Slaughter. (CG & CE) order. Would there really be “Orders” of chaotic paladins?

With some groups, such as the elves, I can see orders arising. Despite their chaotic nature, a race that lives for hundreds of years certainly has some traditions that they maintain.

But what about an order of Paladins of Besheba? Or Shar?

I’m aware of the LG paladin’s of Sune, which makes sense and don’t really need to be changed to CG paladins.

"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
-- C.S. Lewis

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  22:19:53  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd make paladins of slaughter followers of Malar or Talos.....

Freedom, I'm not sure maybe Lliira since she likes carefree celebration and the like...... Tymora would fit also. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 19 May 2005 22:20:16
Go to Top of Page

Jindael
Senior Scribe

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  22:27:40  Show Profile  Visit Jindael's Homepage Send Jindael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I'd certianly have many of the same thing. Any deity with the appropiante alignment would probably have a paladin or two, but what I mean is full-fledged Orders, with a heiarchy and strongholds and a name.

"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
-- C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  22:41:08  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jindael

Yes, I'd certianly have many of the same thing. Any deity with the appropiante alignment would probably have a paladin or two, but what I mean is full-fledged Orders, with a heiarchy and strongholds and a name.

Again. I don't see why not. :) I can see any of the deities I mentioned having orders. :) You might have to make them up though.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

silvermage
Seeker

77 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2005 :  01:34:21  Show Profile  Visit silvermage's Homepage Send silvermage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, I am wondering about paladins of the Chaotic Good and Lawful Good deity alignments, do such paladin orders of the Chaotic Good and Lawful Good deity alignments exist?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2005 :  02:06:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

But what about an order of Paladins of Besheba? Or Shar?
Hmmm... I'm not entirely sure about these. For me, I'd almost see paladins of Shar as some kind of Doomguard-based cult that worships the aspect of entropic loss and the fact that every eventually, is lost -- Paladins of Entropy or Loss perhaps? Their alignment would likely reflect their faith in Shar.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2005 :  19:16:56  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

quote:

Again. I don't see why not. :) I can see any of the deities I mentioned having orders. :) You might have to make them up though.

This seems like an organisational structure where the strong leaders force the weaker members to obey, and do the sort of 'jumping in' of members. Due to attrition and ruthless internal politics the situation would be in constant flux, and the leader would have to be a paranoid get to be able to run it.

But I think it is possible to have such orders, with captured fortresses, slaves and the like.

Run faster! The Kobolds are catching up!
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2005 :  11:56:48  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silvermage

Hello, I am wondering about paladins of the Chaotic Good and Lawful Good deity alignments, do such paladin orders of the Chaotic Good and Lawful Good deity alignments exist?

There´s a list of Paladin orders in the FRCS - you should check there. As for Chaotic Good paladins (Paladins of Freedom) I could see at least Corellon Larethian having such elven followers...

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000