Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Mylaerla Durothil and the survivors in Evermeet
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  20:38:05  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Can anyone tell me if Mylaerla Durothil, the ex-High Councilor of Evermeet's Council of Elders, is still alive? I'm searching Evermeet: Island of Elves, but it's been a while since I read it, and not reading it cover to cover can get confusing. There is no mention of her in Elves of Evermeet, just her enspelled relative Ahskahala.

Does Askahala still 'live', for that matter?

I seem to recall reading recently an excerpt that had someone who didn't know her (a human I'd guess) attending or hearing of a celebratory feast in Mylaerla's feast, but I can't find it again. Does anyone recognise this, and can point me in the right direction?

Also, I'm just generally curious about the state of prominent Evermeet characters. Had Richard Baker written about Shanyrria Alenuath, or did she actually die in Evermeet?

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  22:38:19  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sarelle, Shanyrria Alenuath died in Evermeet when she confronted the traitorous sun elves.

As for Mylaerla Durothil, I'm not sure but I assume that she might be dead already. After all, she was pretty old before Zoar came on to the throne of Evermeet.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  23:34:34  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle

Can anyone tell me if Mylaerla Durothil, the ex-High Councilor of Evermeet's Council of Elders, is still alive? I'm searching Evermeet: Island of Elves, but it's been a while since I read it, and not reading it cover to cover can get confusing. There is no mention of her in Elves of Evermeet, just her enspelled relative Ahskahala.

I can't recall her fate or if Richard Baker mentioned her in The Forsaken House. I know the Durothil who sits on the Council now is Selsharra Durothil, who to my knowledge was not featured in any Realms novel or product before Baker's novel.
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2005 :  07:20:43  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How come the throne hasn`t cracked down on the durothil and Veldann? After all, several of them participated in Nimesins invasion.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2005 :  19:30:00  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Sarelle, Shanyrria Alenuath died in Evermeet when she confronted the traitorous sun elves.

As for Mylaerla Durothil, I'm not sure but I assume that she might be dead already. After all, she was pretty old before Zoar came on to the throne of Evermeet.

Well it doesn't actually state that she was killed, just that she battled them fully expecting to die. Ms Cunningham often leaves these things without stating fully a character's demise, but I was wondering if Baker or another had picked up on this non-definitiveness and had her survive it.

That source about Mylaerla's celebratory feast is going to bug me so badly... I'm hoping I didn't dream it

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2005 :  23:08:01  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought for sure Shanyrria was slain in her battle with the sun elves.As for Mylaerla.I though that she passed on the Arvandor????I don't remember either,and I just reread the darn thing not too long ago.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2005 :  01:19:41  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

How come the throne hasn`t cracked down on the durothil and Veldann? After all, several of them participated in Nimesins invasion.

Khorne, only some members of these two families were involved with Nimesins. The majority of them still love Evermeet, and even gave up their lives defending the island when Nimesin came to attack. Like Lauril had said in his letter to Danilo in Evermeet, there are many gold elves that look down and hate grey elves, but would give their lives to protect Queen Amlauril.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2020 :  20:23:22  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior Scribe Sarelle,

Was this ever figured out? I checked the novels listed, the Elves of Evermeet accessory, and I have nothing.

It is a great question. It could just be that Elaine decided to keep it mystery for a possible return?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle

Does Askahala still 'live', for that matter?

I seem to recall reading recently an excerpt that had someone who didn't know her (a human I'd guess) attending or hearing of a celebratory feast in Mylaerla's feast, but I can't find it again. Does anyone recognise this, and can point me in the right direction?

Also, I'm just generally curious about the state of prominent Evermeet characters. Had Richard Baker written about Shanyrria Alenuath, or did she actually die in Evermeet?

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000