Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Maps of the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jargan
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2005 :  17:53:01  Show Profile  Visit Jargan's Homepage Send Jargan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
is there an FR atlas that i could look at online?

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2005 :  18:48:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure if you hit Google, you could find plenty of maps of the Realms...

There were 2 Atlases releases for the Forgotten Realms. One was a print version, by the late Karen Wynn Fonstad. It's not terribly difficult to find, nor is it overly expensive (I believe there's one or two on eBay right now, and I got mine years ago from a game store that also sold used game stuff).

The Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas, which is likely where most maps on-line would come from, is a lot more difficult to acquire. That program went OOP years ago, and when it does pop up on eBay, it generally goes for a very good amount.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Desolation
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2005 :  18:06:11  Show Profile  Visit Lord Desolation's Homepage Send Lord Desolation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ya there are alot of maps for FR online. Some are very good but others are just made up. But you should have a fairly easy time finding a good one.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die."
Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2005 :  15:11:59  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

The Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas, which is likely where most maps on-line would come from, is a lot more difficult to acquire. That program went OOP years ago, and when it does pop up on eBay, it generally goes for a very good amount.

I've heard many people talking about this interactive atlas. Is it really that good? And what so interactive about it ?

Jesus saves... and takes ½ damage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2005 :  15:16:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rudar Dimble

I've heard many people talking about this interactive atlas. Is it really that good? And what so interactive about it ?

It's a computer program. You can look at the globe, or do a search for a specific locale. You can zoom in really close or stay large scale, and you can modify maps, as well. I think it also had several city maps in it, too.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2005 :  15:28:30  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

It's a computer program. You can look at the globe, or do a search for a specific locale. You can zoom in really close or stay large scale, and you can modify maps, as well. I think it also had several city maps in it, too.

Cool!

Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  03:29:18  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jargan there is also some maps of specific regions of FR that were contributed by Brother Yack Tundra here at Candlekeep.I feel that they were the best I have seen so far.Look them up here.You won't be disappointed...

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Jindael
Senior Scribe

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  03:35:13  Show Profile  Visit Jindael's Homepage Send Jindael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've always found it odd that Candlekeep does not have a full map.

Of course, it's made worse by the fact that my FRCS had it's map pilfered from it.

"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
-- C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  09:11:49  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

Jargan there is also some maps of specific regions of FR that were contributed by Brother Yack Tundra here at Candlekeep.I feel that they were the best I have seen so far.Look them up here.You won't be disappointed...

Well met

Indeed, VEDSICA. These are some of the best maps I have seen. They are located in The Map Room.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  11:00:23  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

Well met

Indeed, VEDSICA. These are some of the best maps I have seen. They are located in The Map Room.

Which piece of land is which on that map of Toril? Maztica, etc...

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  18:24:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well met

I assume thou art refering to the first map shown? The continent to the west is Maztica, to the east of which is Faerûn and Kara-Tur. Be aware now that there are other land masses in addition to these that have yet to be detailed and are thus not shown on this particular map.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  21:25:00  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

I assume thou art refering to the first map shown? The continent to the west is Maztica, to the east of which is Faerûn and Kara-Tur. Be aware now that there are other land masses in addition to these that have yet to be detailed and are thus not shown on this particular map.

So Eberron for instance isn't part of Toril? Sorry if this question is stupid, but I don't know anything about Toril, except the FR.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  21:26:27  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
So Eberron for instance isn't part of Toril? Sorry if this question is stupid, but I don't know anything about Toril, except the FR.

No. Eberron is not part of Toril.
Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  21:31:07  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

No. Eberron is not part of Toril.

And what about the other parts of Toril? Are those campaign setting for the future?

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  21:33:01  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
And what about the other parts of Toril? Are those campaign setting for the future?

Past products have featured other parts of Toril. Which specific area were you interested in?
Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  21:35:48  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

Past products have featured other parts of Toril. Which specific area were you interested in?

Nothing really in particular...I just wanted to take a look at the bigger picture

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000