Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 The Artblade may not be where people think it is
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  01:10:54  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
My Players keep out as i may use this in a campaign

First a question

Did Josidiah Starym loose Guenhwyvar's Onyx Panther figurine while in the Underdark searching for Artblade/Warblade or did he still have it when he died?

If he still had it when he dies then between RA Salvatore and LEOF when may be able to determine who took the Artblade after Josidiah Starym died

Guenhwyvar's owners

Anders Beltgarden: Who created the figurine for his friend Josidiah Starym (See RAS short story in Realms of Magic)

Josidiah Starym looses the figurine at some point

Some how it gets from Josidiah to this fiend (we dont have an official link)

A "denizen of the lower planes" who gave it to the Faceless One a Drow wizard in Menzoberranzan

The Faceless One was killed by Masoj Hun'ett

Masoj Hun'ett was killed by everyones favourite Drow Ranger who has had the figurine pretty much ever since

Now if Josidiah Starym did have the figurine when he died.......

Josidiah Starym died defending a school of magic in Myth Drannor from an army of Yuggoloths when he died he was casting a spell which killed off most of the Yuggoloths, destroyed most of the school.

Conjecture: The "denzien from the Lorwer planes" that gave the onyx panther figurine to the Faceless one was one of the Yuggoloths fighting Josidiah on the day he died. When Josidiah sacrificed himself the Yuggoloth grabbed Josidiahs corpse (including the Artblade and the Onxy Panther Figurine) and took it back to the Blood Rift.

Which means the only "person" who may know where the Artblade is, is Guenhwyvar

Coments?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  01:38:39  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
Which means the only "person" who may know where the Artblade is, is Guenhwyvar

Coments?

Does this mean I might have to read a Drizzt novel to see The Artblade retrieved by the Tel'Quessir?

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 03 Apr 2005 01:38:51
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  02:04:10  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Fall of Myth Drannor" (Timeline entry for 674 DR - pages.17-18) specifically notes that upon his return to the City of Songs he no longer walks with his magnificent cat Guenhwyvar, and it is rumored that he traded it for the Artblade.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  02:08:41  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
674/Year of the Nomad

Josidiah does not take up his rightful place as Lord-Speaker of House Starym, but he does (by right of the elf-blade he restores to Myth Drannor) take over the leadership of the Akh'Faer and thus rise to a seat on the Council of Twelve. Josidiah refuses to discuss it, but many notice that he no longer walks with his magnificent cat Guenhwyvar, and some whisper he had to trade the cat's figurine of power for the blade. Of his 12 original comrades, only one survived: Onas Ulondarr, an elf bladesinger of House Ulondarr. Returning to the city married to Maira Shieldark, a human wizardess of Arabel, they bring with them four adult half-elf children (three women, one man; all rangers): Alupiira, Vaeala, Shaeia, and Rahsil.

This was from the timeline over at Forgotten Realms: The Library.

I think that during his adventures in the Underdark, Josidiah had to make a deal with a fiend and I guess Guen was his bargaining chip.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  05:32:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I've said before, I prefer to think that Josidiah losing the figurine and finding the Artblade were separate events.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  07:37:04  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

"Fall of Myth Drannor" (Timeline entry for 674 DR - pages.17-18) specifically notes that upon his return to the City of Songs he no longer walks with his magnificent cat Guenhwyvar, and it is rumored that he traded it for the Artblade.

-- George Krashos

Doh!

Well thats disappointing, it would have fitted together so well..... hmmm I think I might have to use DMs Rule 101 when I run my elven campaign and say he didnt loose Guenhwyvar until his death

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  16:25:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

Doh!

Well thats disappointing, it would have fitted together so well..... hmmm I think I might have to use DMs Rule 101 when I run my elven campaign and say he didnt loose Guenhwyvar until his death

Well, the fact that he no longer walks with her doesn't mean he no longer has the figurine... There could be some reason he chose not to summon her. Perhaps he'd agreed to some pact preventing her summoning, or maybe she saw him do something he's ashamed of while in the Underdark, so he doesn't summon her because he doesn't want to see his shame reflected in her eyes.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  17:23:38  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if the aforementioned blade might be mentioned in The Last Mythal trilogy before the series is completed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000