Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Reprints In Miniature
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dahran
Acolyte

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  06:47:17  Show Profile  Visit Dahran's Homepage Send Dahran a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
About five or so years ago a company by the name of Twenty First Century Games re-issued a dozen or so out of print material from TSR. The oddity was that they were sized down, to a miniature size. I have been curious how small they really are, but have been unable to find any information on them at all. I was hoping a stop at Candlekeep would yield something? I recently got my hand on the Menzoberranzan box set, but wasn't very happy about the condition it arrived in. Naturally I started searching for another copy, but the only thing I could find was the reprint of Menzoberranzan by Twenty First Century Games. I am tempted to buy it, but not knowing how much smaller it is than the original box set makes me cautious.

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  11:46:10  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2x3x1 inches or thereabouts

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  15:34:07  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

2x3x1 inches or thereabouts

And pretty much illegible without a magnifying glass, IIRC. This is a novelty, not a good substitute game product.

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  15:59:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember those... The dimensions are, as I recall, what Eric said, save for the thickness.

I further seem to recall that it was all first edition hardcovers that they redid as dinky softcovers, and they cost $5. More than once I considered buying one, but I never did.

As for buying older material, I always direct people to eBay. Some of the other scribes have other sources they rely on, but I generally go with eBay, and I've had very few problems with my acquisitions there.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 02 Apr 2005 16:00:56
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000