Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Adventures in Calimshan
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Herr Doktor
Seeker

52 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2005 :  18:35:23  Show Profile  Visit Herr Doktor's Homepage Send Herr Doktor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've recently begun setting up for a 3.5 D&D campaign that will begin in Calimshan. Before I began planning for this campaign I'd never really read any of the material on Calimshan, so it's all rather unfamiliar.

The campaign features two PCs (possibly a third) who are locals of Calimshan, both humans, one a mage, one a scimitar wielding fighter.

I am having some trouble coming up with adventure ideas, I like to provide my players with as many adventure hooks as is possible, but my unfamiliarity with what is the norm in Calimshan is causing me some distress.

If you can share any past Calishite adventures you've run, or new plot ideas, et cetera, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2005 :  00:40:15  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never ran a campaign in Calimshan myself but I am up to date on the lore. You can run pretty much any desert based adventure in Calimshan, maybe check out the new WOTC book Sandstorm. Maybe the PC's can travel acrossed the Huge Calim Desert and find lost ruins or something like that.

If you are in Calimport, the major city of Calimshan than you need to know that it is dominated by guilds (thieves). I would think a campaign in Calimport would almost have to involve the guilds in some way.

Sorry I don't have much in the way of specific ideas.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2005 :  01:45:11  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Herr Doktor
If you can share any past Calishite adventures you've run, or new plot ideas, et cetera, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you. [/font=Georgia]

One of the plot hooks in the FRCS for this region involves "The Rundeen." If you can gain access to the old tome, Cloak & Dagger it has some detailed information on this organization.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2005 :  11:30:20  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Herr Doktor

Thank you.

I once had my PCs investigate a series of killings on Prist(esses) of Sune.
They were carried out by followers of Shar, as part of the deities revenge for Sune rescuing Sharess during the TOT.

And there's always the Twisted Rune lurking behind the scenes...
*cackles dustily*

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2005 :  14:56:43  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm....

* A scholar is outfitting a sea voyage to Chult to explore a ruined temple. If you can find it, use Rana Mor from Dungeon magazine.
* The Shadovar is searching for a hidden vault below the city (Dark Calimport? Check out LEOF for info), and hires the characters to do some legwork and eventually take the fall when the pasha takes interest in the matter.
* The drow is investigating the death of the demon lord in the nearby swamp (can't remember the name), hoping to find some clues on the Silence of Lolth, and need maps of the area. They brutally murder a local cartographer who also happen to be a friend of the PC mage. See Empires of the Sands, but note that the demon was slain during the TOT.
* A slave trader is outfitting a raiding party into Tethyr, and wants to hire the characters to lead it. I may not lead to grand adventure (if it does, please share!), but it should give the players a moral dilemma to chew on.

Hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

green knight
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2005 :  15:11:56  Show Profile  Visit green knight's Homepage Send green knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
* A scholar is outfitting a sea voyage to Chult to explore a ruined temple. If you can find it, use Rana Mor from Dungeon magazine.

I love that adventure one of Richard Bakers best work. I set it in the jungles south of the Chultan penninsula I made it the centerpeice of a whole campaign. The Pcs were hired on by a wealthy patron with a ship they sailed around in.

Green Knight
Go to Top of Page

Mareka
Learned Scribe

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2005 :  19:08:47  Show Profile  Visit Mareka's Homepage Send Mareka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by green knight
I love that adventure one of Richard Bakers best work. I set it in the jungles south of the Chultan penninsula I made it the centerpeice of a whole campaign. The Pcs were hired on by a wealthy patron with a ship they sailed around in.

Which issue of Dungeon is this adventure in?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2005 :  19:35:24  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mareka
Which issue of Dungeon is this adventure in?

I believe it is Dungeon #86.
Go to Top of Page

Mareka
Learned Scribe

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2005 :  19:59:29  Show Profile  Visit Mareka's Homepage Send Mareka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
I believe it is Dungeon #86.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2005 :  20:16:20  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mareka
Thanks.

No problem. This link offers a general overview for the issue.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2005 :  22:23:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snotlord

Hmmmm....

* The Shadovar is searching for a hidden vault below the city (Dark Calimport? Check out LEOF for info), and hires the characters to do some legwork and eventually take the fall when the pasha takes interest in the matter.
* The drow is investigating the death of the demon lord in the nearby swamp (can't remember the name), hoping to find some clues on the Silence of Lolth, and need maps of the area. They brutally murder a local cartographer who also happen to be a friend of the PC mage. See Empires of the Sands, but note that the demon was slain during the TOT.
* A slave trader is outfitting a raiding party into Tethyr, and wants to hire the characters to lead it. I may not lead to grand adventure (if it does, please share!), but it should give the players a moral dilemma to chew on.

Hope this helps

That's some pretty good stuff.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  04:17:55  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Herr Doktor, have you seen the Calimshan sourcebook? You can download that for free at WotC's site. It has a lot of good information.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Herr Doktor
Seeker

52 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2005 :  00:20:48  Show Profile  Visit Herr Doktor's Homepage Send Herr Doktor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, yep, I've most of the sourcebooks. Thanks to all who've responded. What I was looking for was a list similar to Snotlord's post (especially thanks to you, I believe I'll be using that Rana Mor fitted into the Chultan penissula bit).

If anyone else has anything to add of the sort, or other more obscure sources, please respond.

Thanks again.

Edited by - Herr Doktor on 29 Mar 2005 00:21:10
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2005 :  08:48:58  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck with your campaign!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000