Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The weird halfling and the lady
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2005 :  11:18:08  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've just finished reading the novel "The blue tatoo", and i must say i've found it most interesting and surprising. All the characters got many of aspects interestings, from Alias to Olive, passing through Mist. But there's is one that i can't understand, and maybe cause i re3ally know who he is. I'm talking about Phalse the Fake-Halfling. Who is suppoused he to be? He says he's a rival of Moander, what's is he talking about?

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2005 :  17:49:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I assume you speak of the book known in the US as Azure Bonds...

I don't think it's ever revealed who, exactly, Phalse was. I've always assumed him to be some sort of major demon or the last remnants of a mostly forgotten evil deity.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  10:05:06  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's only that in some a moment of the story, he says that Moander has some kind of "deed" with him, and for the form he adopts at the end of the story, could it be he is some kind of "Beholder God"? as Ghaundaur?

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  16:02:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he was just some really weird form of demon, and that was the form he had chosen. Had he been a deity or the manifestation of anything other than a nearly dead deity, he should have been a lot more difficult to kill.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 19 Mar 2005 16:03:29
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000