Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 The Candlekeep Compendium
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2006 :  01:03:36  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

I'm even looking constructive negative feedback, if anyone has any. As well as positive feedback.

See my comments from earlier in the thread. It's not so much a criticism as an observation, for they're still perfectly usable, but your Untold Stories aren't as fleshed out as Wooly's.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2006 :  01:12:13  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

quote:

I'm even looking constructive negative feedback, if anyone has any. As well as positive feedback.

See my comments from earlier in the thread. It's not so much a criticism as an observation, for they're still perfectly usable, but your Untold Stories aren't as fleshed out as Wooly's.

Aye, and I've commented that exact thing to him before but I try to keep my hooks geared towards what the old Current Clack was like, while he flushes his out more. :)

And you are right, that dwarf laborer in the last issue, is a bit lacking. I guess I brain farted on what I wanted with that NPC and so I stalled.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 26 Nov 2006 01:13:48
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2006 :  05:56:53  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You're welcome. I'll get back to you with any specific queries, but in future if you do want to put stats in, I'd be happy to try and advise - my knowledge of 3E rules is pretty good, though hardly the best amongst us.

I am not really to keen on adding stats in the article itself, but I could always do a shorthand writeup that could be posted at Candlekeep. I might take you up on your offer to help with this, but I must think about it some more first

And thank you for the comments Gray, good to hear that I managed to present the town as an interesting community.

Unfortunately I have never really been that good at commenting other peoples writing, so I can only say that I enjoyed every single one of the articles in this Compendium and that it was great to be a part of it.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2006 :  10:11:52  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

I'm certainly looking forward to working with everyone on future volumes with another exciting themed volume in 2007.

Can you shed any light on the theme or am I going to run up against another NDA?

It's NDA. Muh haha!

Well met

Aye, Kuje is correct. Whilst we have agreed to the theme, we can't reveal any further information at this time. I'm open to brib....ahem, erm no, certainly not...'tis a secret, I say

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu
Fellaren-Krae Co-ordinator

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  09:23:45  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alaundo,
I would like to offer my artistic quill for the compendium. Side artwork, Scroll illumination, Full color illustrations...

Let me know if you want via email, and I will send you some portfolio pieces.

Lucian "The Bringer" Barasu
Fellaren Krae Project Co-Ordinator

"Why do you cry?"
"He is Conan, Cimmerian. He won't cry... So I cry for him."
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  12:03:54  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lucianb

Alaundo,
I would like to offer my artistic quill for the compendium. Side artwork, Scroll illumination, Full color illustrations...

Let me know if you want via email, and I will send you some portfolio pieces.

Well met

Many thanks for your interest, lucianb. Please feel free to email me a sample of thy work and thy areas of expertise

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2006 :  18:02:36  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Hammer’s Stroke is usually a reliable source of good dwarven lore. I thought this article was good, though not the best in the series. The information on the roles the classes play in society was good, but I guess I’d have like the piece to have been longer. I know there will be more in a later issue, but I want it now, damnit!

Patience young dwarf, patience. I'm shooting for a twofer in the next volume, one continuing the PrC's, and the other, well that I hinted at in another thread here at the Keep. As the discussion continues on it, I become more and more intrigued at the possibilities of it.

Thanks Gray. That's one thing I shoot for, opening up new playing opportunities for dwarven characters in the Realms, since they get so little time in the spotlight. Have to say I'm behind in my reading, and haven't had a chance to read any of the articles beyond a cursory glance.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2006 :  23:39:29  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some of us humans get a little impatient, good dwarf. We lack the kind of patience your race possesses in such strength. It's what makes us so troublesome and so endearing.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2006 :  05:37:35  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

I just finished reading the articles today from CC7, and am Very impressed as a whole!

I *really* like the addition of the page numbers too! LOL

My one comment really goes right to Wooly with the Hidden Lord article....

Did you know that that basically seems like a wordy outline to a great novel? And it would not even include any RSE's! :)

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2006 :  11:18:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dhomal

My one comment really goes right to Wooly with the Hidden Lord article....

Did you know that that basically seems like a wordy outline to a great novel? And it would not even include any RSE's! :)

Wow! That's quite a compliment! Thanks!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Bladedancer
Learned Scribe

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2006 :  14:12:11  Show Profile  Visit Bladedancer's Homepage Send Bladedancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I must say that once again that all the scribes that have contributed to the latest installment of the Compendium have done a wonderous job!
Bravo!

Solarr Bladedancer
Mercenary For Hire
Master of the Ginsu Knives
They Slice They Dice They Will Cut through A Tin Can
Go to Top of Page

Charybdis
Acolyte

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2007 :  07:03:19  Show Profile  Visit Charybdis's Homepage Send Charybdis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished reading the Candlekeep compendiums I-VII, and am mightily impressed!

Kudos to the Candlekeep crew for the collection, and with great anticipation I await a chance to drink in Volume VIII.

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2007 :  13:30:03  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charybdis

Just finished reading the Candlekeep compendiums I-VII, and am mightily impressed!

Kudos to the Candlekeep crew for the collection, and with great anticipation I await a chance to drink in Volume VIII.

Well met

Thank ye, Charybdis Glad ye enjoyed the tomes. Volume VIII will be with us in a matter of a few weeks, all being well.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Torkwaret
Seeker

Poland
82 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  06:12:11  Show Profile Send Torkwaret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Alaundo !!

Any progress with the next Compendium ?

...Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin...
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  09:34:10  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Torkwaret

Greetings Alaundo !!

Any progress with the next Compendium ?

Well met

Aye, it's certainly coming on, Torkwaret. We slipped a little behind on this one due to various reasons but fear not, the midnight oil is burning and it will hopefully be released soon

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  20:00:46  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forwart so read that new master piece Alaundo. :-)
Go to Top of Page

Torkwaret
Seeker

Poland
82 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2007 :  19:38:49  Show Profile Send Torkwaret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A month has passed since my last post here...and still nothing

Edited by - Torkwaret on 19 Apr 2007 19:39:32
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2007 :  20:13:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

We're almost there... We're going over the rough draft as we speak. Every article has already been edited at least once; at this stage, we're going thru to find typos that slipped thru or formatting issues. With any luck, we're mere days away from release.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2007 :  22:02:25  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

We're almost there... We're going over the rough draft as we speak. Every article has already been edited at least once; at this stage, we're going thru to find typos that slipped thru or formatting issues. With any luck, we're mere days away from release.

Well met

Wooly is correct. Merely days away

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2007 :  22:30:02  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's good news indeed. My hand is scratching because It want to write more Realmslore for the next release (after the one that is coming now)

Poor Alaundo, so much work and so less time ... poor him who is surrounded by such leeches as we ... scribes

héhé, now seriously, we all appreciate your time and work guys. Even if we see nothing we know that you are doing your best do satisfy our wishes The many times you spend working on project (or directly on the site)is a hard work that deserves our gratitude.

Cheers,

Boddynock "Alleslosh" Turen
Go to Top of Page

Torkwaret
Seeker

Poland
82 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2007 :  06:30:44  Show Profile Send Torkwaret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aaaaaggghhhh Where is it ?? Where is it ?? Aaaaaagggh

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2007 :  06:46:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's coming... It's coming. It'll be worth the wait. Of that, you can be certain.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2007 :  14:48:15  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well my dearest Loremaster Most High,

I warn you that the poor members of Candlekeep are going to revolt if they have to wait any longer Grap your pitch forks, dudes

Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2007 :  14:58:45  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boddynock

Well my dearest Loremaster Most High,

I warn you that the poor members of Candlekeep are going to revolt if they have to wait any longer Grap your pitch forks, dudes

Well, the oils heating nicely so come for a walk along the wall It shouldn't be long now, just a little more patience.

PS Alaundo, I don't know how long I can hold them of.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2007 :  15:59:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My part's done -- we're just waiting on the old guy, now.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2007 :  16:19:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps some Calishite dancing girls will prove to be an able distraction?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2007 :  16:39:09  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Perhaps some Calishite dancing girls will prove to be an able distraction?

What, so that's the reason we are late with this issue of the compendium. If you have girls, why was I not told of these! Alas, the plight of the poor writer, the sweat and tears mixes with his ink as the editors dance.

That's it I'll join the people on the ground. Anyone got a spare pitchfork?
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2007 :  16:52:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Aye, worry not. The latest tome in the Candlekeep Compendium will be released on the morrow

...and a fine collection of lore it is, too.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Torkwaret
Seeker

Poland
82 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2007 :  18:58:28  Show Profile Send Torkwaret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The punishment shall be postponed until we see the Compendium, at which point we shall cancel it...

But beware !! If you try to double cross us and put our vigilance to sleep with your honeyed words...

Edited by - Torkwaret on 22 Apr 2007 19:00:15
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2007 :  05:49:19  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Sage is understating the value of this installment of the Compendium. It is a masterwork edition of lore and knowledge. What you seek is not far from you. Have patience.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000