Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 The Whackmiester's Stronghold Builder's Guide Add
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Whackmiester
Acolyte

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2005 :  17:54:00  Show Profile  Visit The Whackmiester's Homepage Send The Whackmiester a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This is a list of wierd stuff that can be added to a stronghold that I'm just coming up with.

Small Meat Hook
Cost: 50s ilver
Space: 1 square
A small meat hook that hangs from the cieling. This hook can be used to hold a small piece of meat or the body of a small creature.

Medium Meat Hook
Cost: 100 silver
A medium meat hook that hangs from the cieling. THis hook can be used to hold a medium piece of meat or the body of a medium creature.

Large Meat Hook
Cost: 200 silver
A large meat hook that hangs from the cieling. This hook can be used to hold a large piece of meat or the body of a large creature.

Grinder
Cost: 10,00 GP
Space: 3x3 Squares
Prerequisites: 1 Control Panel, 1 torturer, 1 guard
A massive glass sphere with a solid steel base. The blades within are made of stainless steel. There is a steel ladder leading up to a platform on top of the grinder. On this platform is a trap door going right into the grinder. A creature shoved into the grinder gets no saving throw: they fall into the grinder and are disembowelled when it is activated. 1 torturer is required to operate the control panel and one guard is required to ensure that everything goes according to plan.

Bone Crusher
Cost: 5,000 GP
Space: 1x2 Squares
Prerequisites: Wall, Control Panel,
Optional: 1 torturer
A metal tub on the floor and a massive spiked wieght in the cieling. With the flip of a switch, the wieght comes down and crushes whatever is in the metal tub, dealing 2d7 of Bludgeon and 2d5 of piercing damage to whatever is crushed. Inside the tub are masterwork manacles for holding the victim's hands and feet.

Electric Chair
Cost: 20,000 gp
Prerequisits: 1 torturer, 3 guards, 1 control panel
A wooden chair with masterwork manacles and a metal cap wiered into an alchemical device. The voltage and time can be increased or decreased at the control panel. The electric chair, when activated, deals 1d7 points of electrical damage per second to whatever is sitting in there. The electric chair can only hold a medium humanoid. The electrocution time can be increased to up to one minute. For 7,000 gold it can be upgraded to two minutes. For 13,000 gold, it can be upgraded to three minutes. For 19,000 gold, it can be upgraded to four minutes. For 26,000 gold, it can be upgraded to five minutes.

There is another one, it's the Butchering Device. But that's too big to put here. I'll put it all in a document called "The Butcher's Handbook."

The Whackmiester!
Candlekeep's only scribe that doesn't wear pants!

Edited by - The Whackmiester on 05 Mar 2005 21:43:25

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2005 :  19:02:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the hooks are way overpriced. It's just a large metal hook -- why should even a big one cost hundreds of gold pieces? I would, at the least, change those prices to silver, not gold. Even that's still a lot, though...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000