Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Character Creation Feat Question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2005 :  03:05:51  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Say you are using the 4d6 (drop the lowest) die rolling method for character creation. What is your opinion about allowing a feat which gives the player the option of using 5d6 to generate ONE ability score of their choice? (Dropping the two lowest, of course) Would this be unbalancing?

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2005 :  04:58:47  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would be alright. My DM usually does 4d6 x6, turn 1 into an 18 or low end magic item with his approval.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2005 :  05:39:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems a bit generous... But then, I've seen a couple other generous methods used. Such as 4d6, drop the lowest, but do it 7 or 8 times and pick the 6 you want. And this one time, my DM did an average of everyone's scores, and those who were well below the average got a few extra points to bring up their total...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000