Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Geography of Jhaamdath
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2005 :  17:18:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Battle of Singing Arrows, that's what I was thinking of... I need to look into that one.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2005 :  09:06:13  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

In Races of Faerun under Human Chondathan it says that Jhaamdath fell under the sway of Unther between -1500 and -1069.

However neither the God Kings of the east and Imperial Time Timelines in LEOF mention Unther going into Jhaamdath (It does say they went into modern day Aglarond around 1500)nor is it mentioned in Ed Bonnys expanded Jhaamdath timeline

Is ROF still correct?

If Jhaamdath did fall under Unthers sway was it a miltary occupation of the Twleve cities or was Jhaamdath more a vassal of Unther during that time.

Outside of ROF is there other published material on this conflict?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2005 :  01:03:05  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think this is from FR10 Old Empires which notes Untheric expansion in the area which we now know (as of EotSS) was part of Jhaamdath. I like the idea of a conflict with Unther as it fleshes out more of Jhaamdath's interaction with the places around it. Maybe Ed can have a play with this and massage it into his timeline.

I think this a good development as there was some criticism of Jhaamdath existing in a 'vacuum' for a very long period following its conflict with Mir/Calimshan and culminating in the war with Nikerymath.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2005 :  03:39:51  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I think this is from FR10 Old Empires which notes Untheric expansion in the area which we now know (as of EotSS) was part of Jhaamdath. I like the idea of a conflict with Unther as it fleshes out more of Jhaamdath's interaction with the places around it. Maybe Ed can have a play with this and massage it into his timeline.

I think this a good development as there was some criticism of Jhaamdath existing in a 'vacuum' for a very long period following its conflict with Mir/Calimshan and culminating in the war with Nikerymath.

-- George Krashos

Thanks George

*Adds a few more things to the Timeline*

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2014 :  21:18:08  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[/quote]
I didn't say I was working on any FR sourcebooks.
But the Jhaamdath stuff isn't for game design; a certain green-colored rod-shaped symbol of rulership just might be linked to the place somehow.

Thomas
[/quote]

I didn't get the reference. I'm curious as to what that green rod is.

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000