Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for anthology authors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2005 :  18:37:22  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Erik

Welcome to Candlekeep It is indeed a pleasure to have thee with us herein.

Now.....everyone pin him down and we'll start to extract yet more lore from this scribe

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 25 Feb 2005 18:41:22
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2005 :  19:09:12  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't everyone jump on me at once -- my bones are fragile. Not a dwarf, here.

db

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

malchor7
Seeker

62 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  02:49:41  Show Profile  Visit malchor7's Homepage Send malchor7 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A chapter from Maiden of Pain in RTD2, KF? Awesome.

Makes me look forward to it even more. 'Course, I can run out and buy MoP shortly thereafter, but it's a whole month.

Anyone know if we get teasers from anyone else? Anyone? Anyone?
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  04:48:15  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by malchor7

A chapter from Maiden of Pain in RTD2, KF? Awesome.

Makes me look forward to it even more. 'Course, I can run out and buy MoP shortly thereafter, but it's a whole month.

It's my understanding that it will also have an excerpt from Son of Thunder, from a sequence midway through the book.
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  06:55:12  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

There should be a scene from Bloodwalk in there as well.

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  23:43:52  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And as far as I know, there'll be a bit of Ghostwalker also. A nice bit of a duel.

db

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  09:25:11  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Welcome to Jim Pitrat, an author of a tale in the Realms of Dragons II anthology. I'll leave Jim to give more details of his tale...

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Jim Pitrat
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  05:48:56  Show Profile  Visit Jim Pitrat's Homepage Send Jim Pitrat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the warm greeting.

It seems, as usual, that I have arrived late for the party and a little over-dressed. Next time I'll have to leave the Clogs at home.

Anyway...a little about my story. It seems my story is darker than most i've had the pleasure of reading about here, though I hope no less interesting. Heck, the protagonist is no dragon at all.

What it is about however, is a Rashemi wizard apprentice to a Red Wizard of Thay. She is willing to do most anything to finally earn her own Red Robes, despite her heritage--even if it means sharing the bed of the mentor she hates, or executing a sinister mission for him to seek out an ancient artifact that will summon a wizard-slaying dragon and perhaps propel him into Thayan power circles.

Let's just see what happens, shall we?

That's about all I can do on it, I think.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  06:29:55  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Pitrat
Anyway...a little about my story. It seems my story is darker than most i've had the pleasure of reading about here, though I hope no less interesting.

From what you've described, no less interesting at all. And some readers like darker stories. Thanks for sharing the information. About one month to go by my calendar...
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2005 :  18:13:22  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Pitrat
Anyway...a little about my story. It seems my story is darker than most i've had the pleasure of reading about here, though I hope no less interesting.

From what you've described, no less interesting at all. And some readers like darker stories. Thanks for sharing the information. About one month to go by my calendar...

Some writers like darker stories.

Well met, Jim. Sounds like this will be a great anthology.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

J L Collins
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2005 :  07:42:02  Show Profile  Visit J L Collins's Homepage Send J L Collins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is just a message to our readers who are as excited as we are at the upcoming release to Realms of the Dragons 2.

All of the authors now have had a brief chance to be contact with each other, and we are all counting down the days now that we are less than a month from the release date of our book.

For many of us, this will be our first published work, and the chance to share it with such a broad audience as those readers of Forgotten Realms fiction is an oppourtunity not lost on any of us.

We encourage anyone interested in reading our stories to reserve a copy with their local book store, or take advantage of online pre-orders. Also, a personal request of mine is for you to ask any friends or family who might not typically read a Forgotten Realms novel to give us a try.

Sometimes a collection of short stories is a great way to introduce someone to a new (or old!) genre.

Thank you for all your support.

"Create, don't replicate... and remember, thinking is not doing."

www.jl-collins.com
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2005 :  09:12:27  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by J L Collins

This is just a message to our readers who are as excited as we are at the upcoming release to Realms of the Dragons 2.

All of the authors now have had a brief chance to be contact with each other, and we are all counting down the days now that we are less than a month from the release date of our book.

For many of us, this will be our first published work, and the chance to share it with such a broad audience as those readers of Forgotten Realms fiction is an oppourtunity not lost on any of us.

We encourage anyone interested in reading our stories to reserve a copy with their local book store, or take advantage of online pre-orders. Also, a personal request of mine is for you to ask any friends or family who might not typically read a Forgotten Realms novel to give us a try.

Sometimes a collection of short stories is a great way to introduce someone to a new (or old!) genre.

Thank you for all your support.

Well met

Thank ye for the information, J L Collins. I'm sure ye can rely on many of us here to be picking up this tome as soon as possible. Indeed, it is often anthologies that can appeal to non-Realms fans and also those who don't usually read a particular genre, such as fantasy. "There's no harm in giving a little time to a short story" I tell them

Oh, and if ye are still in touch with any of the other authors who are not already here, feel free to ask them to stop by at our humble library and share information on their tale in the tome.

Congratulations to all who got their story through to Realms of Dragons II... ye must be very happy and proud

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Erin Tettensor
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2005 :  17:04:48  Show Profile  Visit Erin Tettensor's Homepage Send Erin Tettensor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Also, a personal request of mine is for you to ask any friends or family who might not typically read a Forgotten Realms novel to give us a try.

Er, ahem... *adopts convincing baritone*

As a totally anonymous reader with no vested interest whatsoever in the performance of this book, I would like to say that I have found this thread to be so utterly fascinating that I personally plan to run out and buy fifty copies of this book to hand out to random passers by. In total anonymity, of course.

*cringes as she rips off fake mustache*

Edited by - Erin Tettensor on 08 Apr 2005 17:06:12
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2005 :  17:11:48  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erin Tettensor

quote:

Also, a personal request of mine is for you to ask any friends or family who might not typically read a Forgotten Realms novel to give us a try.

Er, ahem... *adopts convincing baritone*

As a totally anonymous reader with no vested interest whatsoever in the performance of this book, I would like to say that I have found this thread to be so utterly fascinating that I personally plan to run out and buy fifty copies of this book to hand out to random passers by. In total anonymity, of course.

*cringes as she rips off fake mustache*

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2005 :  17:36:02  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's official. Dragon #332 will contain a collabrative article from about six of us that contributed to RotD2. The article describes how to take themes used in the short stories and adapt them for creating PCs, NPCs or adventures. A big thanks to Ed Gentry for coordinating this project.

"You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2005 :  17:49:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kameron M. Franklin

It's official. Dragon #332 will contain a collabrative article from about six of us that contributed to RotD2. The article describes how to take themes used in the short stories and adapt them for creating PCs, NPCs or adventures. A big thanks to Ed Gentry for coordinating this project.

Now that's an interesting idea for an article... Thanks for sharing that with us.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2005 :  18:01:01  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kameron M. Franklin

Now that should be a wonderful article. I'd love to see something like that for more FR novels. If that happened, I might even subscribe to Dragon again.
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2005 :  19:08:15  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
Now that should be a wonderful article. I'd love to see something like that for more FR novels. If that happened, I might even subscribe to Dragon again.

It's actually a regular feature Dragon now runs. It was originally called A Novel Approach, but I believe they decided to expand the idea to include video games, movies, and TV shows along with books.

"You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

J L Collins
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2005 :  06:06:45  Show Profile  Visit J L Collins's Homepage Send J L Collins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As the days count down to the release of the anthology, I have a little story to tell my fellow anthology members and our interested readers.

My mother visited this week, and she brought an audio cassette tape that contained recordings of yours truly of when he was five years old. Thankfully, there isn't a bootleg MP3 of this tape online.

On the tape, I read, sing songs, and tell stories. One story involved, (and I swear this is true), a dragon. In my story, there is a dragon, and then another - real - dragon comes along and attacks him. *insert five year old sound effects here*

Then I tell the story again, and the dragons are now friends. (Aren't charm person spells great?)

Then, there is a dragon, and a mouse comes along. Then I can be faintly heard asking my mom if the mouse can bite the dragon on the toe. Her reply is too muffled to be heard, but my reply was quite distinct.

"But mom, why not?"

I have no reason to share this tale other than to horribly embarass myself, but it was like my own episode of The Twilight Zone or something.

Very surreal, and very funny. Apparently I was ahead of my time.

"Create, don't replicate... and remember, thinking is not doing."

www.jl-collins.com
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2005 :  06:47:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I appreciate you sharing this wonderful childhood tale with us . Thank you.

It makes me wonder now though, whether any of the other authors here have similar tales to tell?

Come on, let's here from you all... .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2005 :  07:47:59  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Born and bred to write about dragons. Sounds like the idyllic life to me. Looking forward to RotDII.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2005 :  08:03:10  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
It makes me wonder now though, whether any of the other authors here have similar tales to tell?

Well, I don't recall telling a story, but from kindergarten through 2nd grade I continually got in trouble for drawing dragons on homework and test papers. The first instance was actually a pegasus and the teacher told my mom it was a unicorn..."It's not a unicorn! It's a pegasus!"...obviously a rebel, I could've cared less that I was in trouble, only that my artistic vision was appreciated correctly. Dragons, I decided, were much easier to identify.(My mom loves telling that story!)

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2005 :  09:00:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Always defiant about the ideas from your own imagination. Good stuff .

I used to draw distorted faces and images of people I knew in the upper corners of my schoolwork. In fact, I still do... occasionally. Very 'Francis Bacon'-inspired actually .

Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2005 :  17:11:19  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis
Well, I don't recall telling a story, but from kindergarten through 2nd grade I continually got in trouble for drawing dragons on homework and test papers. The first instance was actually a pegasus and the teacher told my mom it was a unicorn..."It's not a unicorn! It's a pegasus!"...obviously a rebel, I could've cared less that I was in trouble, only that my artistic vision was appreciated correctly. Dragons, I decided, were much easier to identify.(My mom loves telling that story!)

Dragons were a recurring theme in my elementary school art as well. One year I did an etching of a dragon and crafted a clay whistle in the shape of a flying dragon.

Go to Top of Page

Erin Tettensor
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2005 :  18:55:25  Show Profile  Visit Erin Tettensor's Homepage Send Erin Tettensor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can’t recall any particular fascination with dragons stemming from my childhood. But I do remember a certain incident at my aunt and uncle’s lakeside cabin involving a dragon.

Ever the industrious type, I had whiled away an entire day at the beach meticulously sculpting a horse-sized dragon out of compliant lake sand. (Virtually cement, that stuff – I actually used a butter knife to carve the bony ridges of its snout.) I’ve always been a very arty sort of girl, and my creation was pretty darn good, if I say so myself. My muse was also goosed by alcohol -- it was a hot day, and given that this little project took about six hours, there was a goodly amount of beer involved.

Pretty soon, I had attracted a large crowd of ooh-ers and aah-ers. “What’s his name?” someone finally asked.

I thought about this for a moment before christening him “Pifft.”
“What kind of name is that?” the crowd wanted to know.
Quietly, so the kiddies couldn’t hear, I explained that it was in homage to the two inspirations for my creation: half Puff, half pissed.

Classy.

*DISCLAIMER* I was well over the age of majority at the time, and do not recommend drinking as a source of inspiration. *END DISCLAIMER*

Edited by - Erin Tettensor on 21 Apr 2005 18:59:15
Go to Top of Page

EdGentry
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2005 :  20:43:39  Show Profile  Visit EdGentry's Homepage Send EdGentry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember liking dragons as much as any little boy did, but can only recall one particular event involving one...though it lasted several years. Below is the description of that event in my life as was once posted on Elaine Cunningham's Dragon Blog. I'll warn that it's a tad lengthy.
---------------------

Have you ever seen those little utility doors in older houses? You know the ones I mean. They’re two to three feet tall, maybe two feet wide, built into the outer wall of a room usually for maintenance access, but most people just use them as miniature storage closets. These child-sized doors can be pretty strange for kids, as I learned at my grandpa’s house.

When I was very young my grandpa had an older, large three-story house. The finished basement #61485; or den, as we in middle-America insist upon calling it #61485; was where I spent most of my time as that was where the television and other recreational devices were kept. The main floor included all the basics: kitchen, living room, master and guest bedrooms. The third floor, however, was a bit strange.

A door in the kitchen opened onto a narrow staircase which led up to the finished attic. As you reached the top of the stairs, it would always hit you anew: the carpet was red. All of the carpet up there was red. Bright red. In a wicker chair next to one of the guest beds sat the creepiest red and white stuffed panda bear with soulless, orange plastic eyes that you’ve ever seen. Of course, this assumes that you’ve ever seen a creepy red and white stuffed panda bear with soulless, orange plastic eyes to serve as a basis for comparison. If you have not, I envy you. I hated the third floor with its red carpet, frilly white curtains and demonic panda bears. I hated it because I was afraid of it. Yet grandpa’s house held a horror well beyond these.

It was the doors. Those terrible, tiny doors. I understood what a door was and that was that. A door should be tall and wide and have a big handle. These tiny doors were different -- bad different. They were my size, built at my level. What in the world did that mean? Was I meant to go in there? Did whatever was in there want me to go in?

If you dared to open one of the doors, the darkness inside was so thick that you could not see more than a few feet inside. It could go back for ten feet or two hundred feet. Never mind that the house was only so big to begin with. This is unimportant in child logic.

But what really made these little doors so scary? The same thing that makes a lot of stuff scary to a child: The stories of big sisters and older cousins. These two girls, M and M, found it amusing to tell me and my cousin T about what “lived” behind those doors.

At first it was a magical, maniacal dwarf, or possibly a leprechaun #61485; they never seemed able to decide which he was #61485; who loved to torment little boys, they told us. I was less than impressed. Scared? Oh my, yes. Terrified? Not so much. It was just a dwarf, or possibly a leprechaun, after all. I was a big kid who could carry my own sister around on my shoulders even though she was five years older than me, so I could handle a magical, maniacal dwarf, or possibly a leprechaun. Occasionally the demented girls would embellish the story, frightening T even worse, and I would fling open both of the doors to assure him that there was no dwarf or leprechaun anywhere to be found. One day M and M suggested that the dwarf or leprechaun had simply gone out on errands. I dismissed the notion quickly. T was less apt to do so.

Eventually those mean, mean girls pushed their story even further. They told T and me that the dwarf or leprechaun had moved on to bigger and better things. (Looking back now, I think perhaps he went into showbiz.) They then announced that a new occupant had moved into the space behind the tiny, mysterious doors in the awful red room.

A dragon. A huge, enormous, gargantuan dragon. A fire-breathing, eat-you-like-you-were-a-tasty-potato-chip, dragon. How could a dragon fit through such a small door? Who cares? It’s a dragon! It’s huge and scaly with teeth bigger than my head. Oh, and did I mention that it flies?! Flies! You’re not safe anywhere, even in the sky, assuming you could somehow find a perch in the wild blue yonder. The vicious girls had wished to terrify me and they had succeeded.

This was before I had seen Pete’s Dragon, the movie that saved dragons from the fate of a permanent bad reputation with its animated story of the bond between a boy and his lavender-haired dragon that only Disney could tell. I only knew what books, television, and other movies had told me about dragons. Of course, let’s not forget the mean older girls adding in some defining aspects of the beast. Aspects too horrible to mention here.

My younger cousin was no help, of course. If dwarves or leprechauns terrified him, you can only imagine how much more the thought of a dragon behind the door did. I was alone on this one.

We visited my grandpa frequently in those days, probably six times a year or more. Nearly two years passed before I could even sit down in front of those diminutive doors again, and another few visits after that until I could open one - and then only for a split second. Eventually, however, I did open them wide and look intently inside. Gloom obscured the far edges, though my maturing mind told me that it couldn’t have gone more than eight feet deep. I went downstairs to get a flashlight from the kitchen, thinking it would be fun to finally see exactly what was in that clinging darkness. Back upstairs, I flung open the tiny doors, slightly giddy with anticipation. I stopped suddenly as a thought occurred to me: If I flashed a beam of bright light into that gloom…I might wake up that dragon! I shut the door, flew down the stairs in a blur, and retuned the flashlight to its drawer.

To this day, two decades later, I hate those little doors, and every time I visit my grandpa, I am still glad that he has since moved to another house. So is T.

http://www.edgentry.com
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  03:51:04  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not so much DRAGON obsession of youth, but the case can be made that I was pretty fantasy obsessed.

For instance.....

You remember the Hobbit, the cartoon? The cartoon movie with the loveable/scary animation and the Greatest Adventure? You are speaking to someone who can proudly say that he watched said movie 12 times within 4 days. Yes, yes, that's right: 12 times in a third as many days. Followed, of course, almost every time, by Flight of Dragons. YEE-HA! And only half the time it was my kid brother's idea. (And I can't say I was terribly young at the time, either. Darn those cutie dwarfs!)

You are also conversing with the once-youth who SINGLEHANDEDLY got both Magic: the Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons banned, in any form, absolutely and forever, from his Boy Scout troupe because of, hmm, shall we say, "excessive" play in the tent. And a trifle bit of animated conversation on the trails.

Also the once-child who thought his dog Brandy was some sort of mechanical dragon and used to run around the backyard pretending to be a transformer (part sports car, authentic sound effects and everything, robot in disguise) in a vein attempt to elude said dragon. Where I was going, I don't know. In circles, maybe.

There. That's it for confessional hour.

Until I remember another one.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  06:36:01  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RotD2 News Flash:

Barnes and Noble warehouses have just received the first shipments of the anthology. Copies should be showing up on shelves any day now. Hoody Hoo!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  08:23:27  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

RotD2 News Flash:

Barnes and Noble warehouses have just received the first shipments of the anthology. Copies should be showing up on shelves any day now. Hoody Hoo!

::flattens himself against the corridor to avoid the mad rush of scribes::

Thank ye for the update, James. I'm certainly looking forward to this tome

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  15:51:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

RotD2 News Flash:

Neato . Or is it Bink! Either way, I'm heading over to my local bookstores for more draconic goodness.

Thanks for the details Mr Davis .

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000