Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 drivethrurpg.com??
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2005 :  04:33:37  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Err need to corect name, it was Ryan S. Dancey

Tried to pull up a URL for some threads, however the "new" Usenet search provides extremely long URLs. If interested further look for "TSR warehouse"
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2005 :  04:40:01  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal
I would tend to be surprised as well, please though keep us advised.

Well, a quick check shows that Complete Adventurer is listed at $29.95 at DriveThrurpg.com. Thus, it's the same, retail price as the hardcover.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2005 :  05:20:27  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
I would tend to be surprised as well, please though keep us advised.

Well, a quick check shows that Complete Adventurer is listed at $29.95 at DriveThrurpg.com. Thus, it's the same, retail price as the hardcover.

*nods* Iam not surprised.

Did some more exploring of the site, alas the FAQ does not answer all my questions. I also recall that WotC had problems selling their PRDs in other countries, I could not find you if drivethrurpg.com had a wider distribution. If so of course WotC can achieve advantage by reaching other nations.
That said other requirements of the site, a MS passport and using I.E. 5.x or higher do deter me from doing any business with that site.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2005 :  06:05:40  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
That said other requirements of the site, a MS passport and using I.E. 5.x or higher do deter me from doing any business with that site.

I recall some issues being raised with the site's requirments when this vendor first began offering PDF products.
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2005 :  12:38:32  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is Lords of Madness? I don't recall ever hearing of that product.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2005 :  13:52:48  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/177410000

"Lords of Madness: The Book of Aberrations

Dungeons & Dragons Accessory Richard Baker, James Jacobs, Steve Winter

Unnatural Creatures of Unspeakable Evil"
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2005 :  20:17:39  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/177410000

"Lords of Madness: The Book of Aberrations

Dungeons & Dragons Accessory Richard Baker, James Jacobs, Steve Winter

Unnatural Creatures of Unspeakable Evil"

Ah okay thanks, didn't realize the Aberration book was being called Lords of Madness.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  05:30:00  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some news from this vendor on formats they now offer.

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 26 Jan 2005 05:31:27
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2005 :  16:27:14  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The following was posted at ENWorld yesterday:

quote:

Wizards of the Coast has released Deities and Demigods (the 3rd Edition version) in electronic format at DriveThruRPG. To date WotC has released four 3rd Edition books as PDFs.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2005 :  17:32:17  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ENWorld reported the following today:

quote:

Charles Ryan of Wizards of the Coast posted the following on its plans to release more products in electronic format in the future (thanks to MerricB for the scoop):

We're taking a look at this product format to gauge the level of interest. We'll release a few additional titles, new and old--keep your eye on DriveThruRPG over the next few months--but we aren't quite at the point where we're bringing out the entire catalog. Depending on how things go, we might do so in the not-too-distant future.

My level of interest would increase if the PDF came out at the same time as the print book. There is still a delay from what I've seen between the two formats.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2005 :  05:34:34  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Fiend Folio is now available at this vendor.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2005 :  07:18:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah.

One of the more detailed D&D monster tomes. A worthy purchase for anyone looking for a few spicy planar critters to drop into their campaigns.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000