Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Mightiest Beings part two
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  03:28:56  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
In actual game terms... no, it's strictly prohibited by order (and the power) of Her Serenity, the Lady of Pain. The PS adventure that portrayed Vecna in the City of Doors was a mistake, pure and simple . It contradicted years of established planar lore, and only supported these contradications with flimsy justifications.

It's also prohibited by the power of the Lady of Pain, as I just suggested. She has the power to bar any and all deities from accessing the City of Doors and using it's portals. So, it's impossible for Vecna to use any portal in the Cage to journey to Toril.

Do not take anything that was said or illustrated about Sigil in the Die Vecna, Die adventure as accepted canon.

thank you for the clarification. i have one final question but since this has gotten off realmslore, and in fear of getting cleaning duties by Alaundo, i shall ask you Sage in a pm

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  14:22:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

quote:
In actual game terms... no, it's strictly prohibited by order (and the power) of Her Serenity, the Lady of Pain. The PS adventure that portrayed Vecna in the City of Doors was a mistake, pure and simple . It contradicted years of established planar lore, and only supported these contradications with flimsy justifications.

Whoa here. That adventure wasn't an Planescape Adventure because: one, it doesn't have the PS logo and two the PS line had ended by then. It's a generic D&D adventure that uses the planes that were detailed in Planescape just like it uses Ravenloft but it is technically just a generically labeled D&D adventure just like Warriors of Heaven. :)

In one of the several online chats that Monte Cook participated in before the release of Beyond Countless Doorways, a discussion about DVD came up. Monte's response suggested that, while Faction War was the last official PS product, DVD is usually regarded to "unofficially" occupy the last spot on the PS product listing.

It's the "unofficial" that usually throws people off, but, I actually agree with what you've just said . I've just found that it's often hard for me to usually disagree with anything that Monte says...

quote:

To keep this on topic how about Maskar Wands, one of Waterdeep's many archmages. :)

Continuing to keep this scroll on topic, has Maskar Wands ever received a conversion to 3e stats? I can't recall having seen any?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  17:32:54  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
In one of the several online chats that Monte Cook participated in before the release of Beyond Countless Doorways, a discussion about DVD came up. Monte's response suggested that, while Faction War was the last official PS product, DVD is usually regarded to "unofficially" occupy the last spot on the PS product listing.

It's the "unofficial" that usually throws people off, but, I actually agree with what you've just said . I've just found that it's often hard for me to usually disagree with anything that Monte says...

Continuing to keep this scroll on topic, has Maskar Wands ever received a conversion to 3e stats? I can't recall having seen any?

Well I disagree with game designers all the time. :) But er let's drop this cause it's way off topic.

Now about Maskar. I don't recall stat's for him either for 3/3.5 but maybe in the Waterdeep book next year.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Lord Teclis
Acolyte

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2006 :  09:33:22  Show Profile  Visit Lord Teclis's Homepage Send Lord Teclis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The most powerful is open to so much abuse. It really depends on the situation, preperation etc.
Go to Top of Page

Twilight
Seeker

Canada
68 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2006 :  19:58:32  Show Profile  Visit Twilight's Homepage Send Twilight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dracolich
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000