Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Mightiest Beings
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Forlorn
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2004 :  20:35:40  Show Profile  Visit Forlorn's Homepage Send Forlorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage, I m very curious about not just Jazirian or Asmodeus but also other mega power figures of multiverse. As far as I understand there are gods and there are beings above gods. And if there is any information about those beings over gods I will be very happy if you just suggest a tome or more.

I know it is not very FR related but Ao is and his peers cen be considered also in order to understand Ao and his kind(that's the best I can,sorry:)).
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  02:49:03  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

... Maybe I should change my avatar back to my last image... the one that had the translucent skullcap... That way, it might make it easier for you to make use of this mind leach that you mention .
quote:
im afraid i have not seen that avatar, i remember your old old one from when i first joined. but i think u switched between two at that time.

[quote]Originally posted by The Sage
Jazirian is an "it". This deity is genderless... remember .

Jazirian has little to do with the events of the FR setting, and that's likely due to the fact that the Realms has a very small couatl population. I would assume that "its" name is spoken and revered here and there in certain places sacred to the couatl of the Realms, but very few people in the Realms would actually know about this.

In fact, the only place I'd expect to see a greater emphasis on Jazirian and his/her connection to couatl worship is in the Eberron setting. It's even been speculated that the ancient population of couatl on Khorvaire may have, at one time, venerated an aspect of Jazirian.

hmm...i see. and yes, my apologies for associating Jazirian with a sex

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  14:42:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Forlorn

Sage, I m very curious about not just Jazirian or Asmodeus but also other mega power figures of multiverse. As far as I understand there are gods and there are beings above gods. And if there is any information about those beings over gods I will be very happy if you just suggest a tome or more.

I know it is not very FR related but Ao is and his peers cen be considered also in order to understand Ao and his kind(that's the best I can,sorry:)).

The 3e Deities and Demigods tome is the most "ideal" sourcebook for one to selectively learn about the various powers of the pantheons that populate the core cosmology. If you're looking for something a little more specific, I would suggest the various deities books that have been published for the individual settings -- for example, Faiths and Pantheons for the FR setting, and, 2e tome, On Hallowed Ground.

However, the most sigificant, and highly informative tome on deities and those powers beyond, that I've discovered, is the Green Ronin masterpiece, The Book of the Righteous. It's an expensive tome, but it's definitely worth every gold piece. I've never encountered any other material published on deities that surpasses my feelings for this tome... and, that includes the aforementioned FR book on deities. Sorry Alaundo .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  00:01:58  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage, is this tome hard to find?

Like Forlorn, I am also interested with other mighty beings in the cosmos, someone like the Sojourner or Kezef. I mean, there must be powerful beings that are even mightier than the deities themselves as there had been bits in previous lorebooks about how there would be monsters that needed a whole pantheon to defeat.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  02:40:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

The Book of the Righteous can still be found at various sources.

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 10 Nov 2004 02:41:32
Go to Top of Page

Darkheyr
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  08:59:08  Show Profile  Visit Darkheyr's Homepage Send Darkheyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another major player would of course be the Lady of Pain... But beware of speaking of her, lest you wish to wake up flayed alive.

As for FAERUNIAN "mortals"... I am surprised noone has yet mentioned Telamont, the Princes of Shade and various other netherese survivors...

Or how about the Spider Wizard of Menzoberranzan, some other high level Drow, the Queen of Evermeet, that student of Iolaum somewhere in the north, and not to mention many great wyrm? Especially Klauth...

silm.pw - A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  14:48:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sirius has pointed you in the right direction for finding the BotR.

quote:

Like Forlorn, I am also interested with other mighty beings in the cosmos, someone like the Sojourner or Kezef. I mean, there must be powerful beings that are even mightier than the deities themselves as there had been bits in previous lorebooks about how there would be monsters that needed a whole pantheon to defeat.

If you can both be a little more specific, I may be able to assist you in this search...

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  16:52:09  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
Sirius has pointed you in the right direction for finding the BotR.

One footnote, the quack Sirius has pointed you in just one direction for that tome to show its availability. However, that link is not where you will find the cheapest price or the most reliable vendor. FRPGames and some other online vendors would probably be a better choice if you are intent on purchasing the tome.

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 10 Nov 2004 16:53:08
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  17:29:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Kezef the Chaos Hound was detailed in 2E, in the Powers & Pantheons book. Ditto for Dendar the Night Serpent and the Ityak-Ortheel.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  22:14:14  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Kezef the Chaos Hound was detailed in 2E, in the Powers & Pantheons book. Ditto for Dendar the Night Serpent and the Ityak-Ortheel.
i recieved this information in these halls when i first became one of the scribes, i believe it was from The Sage however i could be wrong:

Bane of the Gods: The Elder Eternal Evils of the Forgotten Realms

Few beings, notably the gods and the elder eternal evils, were around at the dawn of Abeir-Toril. Three of the elder eternal evils, Dendar the Night Serpent, Kezef the Chaos Hound, and Ityak-Ortheel, the Elf-Eater, have all played a direct role in Faerūn's recent past. Their most notable roles took place in Cyric's, the Prince of Lies, intrigues to gain ever greater power and Malar's eternal quest to destroy the elves.

Dendar the Night Serpent:

Dendar the Night Serpent came into existence shortly after the first being slept and had a nightmare. She has an uncountable horde of horrible dreams and foul visions in her gullet that she has been devouring since the dawn of time. She relishes the taste of particularly choice nightmares and savors the dreams of kings and deities alike. More horrifying, if she did not feed her insatiable appetite, every being, mortal or deity, would remember every nightmare he or she has ever dreamed in excruciating detail. Supposedly, she will be the harbinger of the end of the world and even the gods themselves.

The Night Serpent's slit-pupiled eyes are the sickly yellow-black of rotten eggs. Her forked tongue flickers incessantly over her smooth lips. Her monstrous fangs are always coated with the viscous essence of lost dreams. She speaks with a sibilant, malignant voice that drips with ancient horrors. Midnight-black scales over her colossal hide and serve as the physical embodiment of the most terrifying nightmares she has swallowed.

Although she can slither across the Barrens of Doom and Despair or any of the lower planes at will, the Night Serpent is almost always found in her lair. Dendar lives in a vast cave near the oozing river that surrounds much of the Fugue Plane. The hiss of the Night Serpent's breathing echoes through the plane as she sleeps, contentedly gorged on the world's unremembered nightmares. Anyone who approaches her cave finds her awake and awaiting them with anticipatory delight as she savors and relives their worst unremembered nightmares. Her cavernous maw is large enough to swallow a giant, and her tongue can knock an armored man to the ground with a single flick. Beneath her tongue is a foul mire of greasy spittle and half-devoured bones -- the corporeal manifestations of her dream diet's remnants.

To the ancient Rus, Dendar was known as Nidhogg, the serpent who gnaws at the roots of the world tree that connects all things. In Calimport, she is known (incorrectly) as the Mother of the Night Parade. In the Jungles of Chult, Dendar is known as the Eater of the
World. Legends tell of how Ubtao, Creator of Chult, will battle the Night Serpent when she emerges through a gigantic iron door located beneath one of the Peaks of Flame and attempts to eat the sun. If Ubtao fails in his duty, the stories say Dendar will readily devour the sun and the doom of the world will finally arrive.

Kezef the Chaos Hound

Kezef is a unique being who roams the Outer Planes constantly hunting the Faithful, which are the souls of those who have chosen to venerate one god above all others. He has no taste for the Faithless or the False and is sickened by the taste of the unripened spirits of the still-living. When Kezef destroys one of the Faithful, the maggots that make up his pelt swarm away from his jet-boned skeleton to devour the corpse. The gorged creatures then mill slowly over Kezef's body, making him appear bloated. Any of the Faithful who are eaten in this fashion are forever and truly destroyed, beyond even the recall of the gods.

The Ravager of the Heavens relishes the scent of hatred, and he sometimes pauses and becomes substantial so that he can savor a particularly juicy emotional scent. In his wake, he leaves screaming nightmares particularly cherished by Dendar the Night Serpent. He is nauseated by the scent of cloying, reckless happiness.

Kezef appears as a huge mastiff with unearthly malevolent, red eyes and a ratty tail. Maggots teem in his fur, which makes the coat shift incessantly over barely covered sinews and bones. His flesh oozes like pus from an old sore, and his paws leave burning prints in the ground that spread into pools of burning ichor in his wake. Pointed teeth glitter like daggers of jet in the light. His blood is a dark, corrosive, liquid ooze, and he radiates a pestilent aura of decay. The fetid air of his breath extinguishes all nearby fires, and he reeks with the sweet stench of ancient death. Those with a sense of smell can catch this scent from many miles away. The Chaos Hound speaks in a low and rumbling growl.

Kezef was imprisoned for centuries amid the Barrens of Doom and Despair by an alliance of Faerūnian gods when the Circle of Greater Powers forbade traffic by deity or mortal with the beast. After he was hunted down, the powers bet Kezef he could not break a leash forged by Gond the Wonderbringer. Kezef allowed Gond to place a short length of sturdy chain around his neck in exchange for Tyr placing his right hand in the Chaos Hound's slavering jaws. Gond anchored the chain miles deep in the floor of the Barrens' caves, and Mystra wrapped the beast in an unbreakable, glowing curtain of magical energy that automatically repaired itself. From these two traps Kezef could not escape, and no one could reach him. When Kezef discovered he was truly fettered, he bit off Tyr's hand and feasted on its divine essence for centuries as he strove to free himself. Kezef was eventually freed, by Cyric's machinations, to once again hunt the souls of mortals and gods alike.

Ityak-Ortheel, the Elf-Eater:

Lurking in the depths of the Abyss since the dawn of Abeir-Toril's prehistory, the Elf-Eater dwells in a mire-choked lair, emerging from the reeking, primordial sludge only when summoned forth by Malar the Beastlord.

From a distance, Ityak-Ortheel resembles a colossal turtle. Three club-footed legs of huge girth, each as broad as a gnarled oak stump, support a domed carapace harder than granite. Despite appearances, Ityak-Ortheel can bound across any terrain with the speed of a galloping horse. Beneath the overhanging shell of its rough carapace, the bulky monster has a moist, toothless, sucking hole in the side of its domelike body. The blood-red aperture is capable of expanding to a gaping width or compressing into a long, probing snout. Within its maw, churning plates of cartilage thrash like giant tongues, instantly smashing to a bloody pulp any creature swept in by the surrounding mass of tentacles. Two score tentacles, each over 100 feet in length, ring the Elf-Eater's cavernous maw. Like the tentacles of a giant squid, each tendril is equipped with multiple suckers used to enwrap prey and drag it toward the monster's obscene orifice. Each snakelike tentacle seems to probe as if intelligent and is capable of attacking victims in front, to the side, or behind the rampaging monster. Ityak-Ortheel has a dim intellect driven by its ravenous hunger for elves and hatred for all living things. It has no eyes or ears, but it can sense the presence of all warm-blooded beings on all sides and easily determine which are elves.

The Elf-Eater first emerged from a pool of the mingled blood of Gruumsh, lord god of the orcs, and Corellon Larethian, high god of the elves, in the aftermath of their legendary battle. Unnoticed by any of the gods, it immediately fled to the Abyss, where it has lurked on one of the plane's forgotten layers ever since. Throughout known history, Ityak-Ortheel has plagued the elven race. It is reliant on the whim of Malar or other deities to be sent to visit the plane of its favorite prey, but after such trips it digests its victims' spirits for years thereafter. While the Elf-Eater can ingest nearly any form of matter, it derives sustenance only from elves. It can go centuries between meals without difficulty.

Only in recent millennia has Ityak-Ortheel fallen under the aegis of Malar. Barely a century has passed when it has not ravaged an elven community after being transported to Faerūn by the Beastlord. In response to this menace and others, the elves developed a portal known as Fey-Alamtine in the kingdom of Synnoria on the isle of Gwynneth in the heart of the Moonshae Isles. This portal was accessible from anywhere in Faerūn by means of the platinum Alamtine triangles held by the leader of each elven community. When the Elf-Eater appeared, the elves could flee through the portal to Synnoria, bringing their triangle with them, and then pass on to the fabled Isle of Elves, Evermeet. While pursuing the Thy-Tach elves during one of its sojourns in the Realms, the Elf-Eater touched the tribe's Alamtine triangle. Shortly thereafter, in 1365 DR, the Year of the Sword, Malar divined the terminus of the Fey-Alamtine after many years of frustration. With the aid of Talos the Destroyer, the Beastlord unleashed Ityak-Ortheel on Synnoria through the Fey-Alamtine, forever destroying the portal. The Elf-Eater ravaged much of that fey land and shattered Chrysalis, the capital city, and Argen-Tellirynd, the Palace of Ages, before being banished back to the Abyss by the human princess (and now queen), Alicia Kendrick of the Folk.

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage

Edited by - Dracandos the Spellsage on 10 Nov 2004 22:15:31
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2004 :  05:33:09  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dracandos, you forgot to mention The Elf-Eater's involvement in Nimesin's War.

Sage, I hope to learn more about the powerful beings that exist, whether it's the Realmspace or on some Plane. As I said before, I'm pretty sure there's some beings out there that are even powerful compared to deities, such as the Hecatoncheires.

Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2004 :  06:16:00  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well like i said, i didnt actually write that, someone else posted it here a while ago, i think it was Sage, but i dont recall

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2004 :  02:10:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dracandos the Spellsage

well like i said, i didnt actually write that, someone else posted it here a while ago, i think it was Sage, but i dont recall

Yes, that was me. I'd quoted the information from an article in the Novel Archives of the WotC website.

quote:
Sage, I hope to learn more about the powerful beings that exist, whether it's the Realmspace or on some Plane. As I said before, I'm pretty sure there's some beings out there that are even powerful compared to deities, such as the Hecatoncheires.
Give me some time then, and I'll see what I can come up with .

Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2004 :  04:47:45  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ah ha! memory does serve, it was The Sage, no surprise thereid also be interested in other powerful beings Sage

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2004 :  05:47:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dracandos the Spellsage

ah ha! memory does serve, it was The Sage, no surprise thereid also be interested in other powerful beings Sage

Okay then . I'm presently (in between bouts of study at the library ) trying to collate a number of web articles I remember, that detail both "official" and "unofficicial" beings of significant power and ability across the planes. Since we're not limiting this to just Realmspace, it will take some time I'm afraid...

Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2004 :  06:20:10  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
im only really interested in official Realmspace lore, but i know others are interested in more

Go to Top of Page

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2004 :  05:03:01  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Panador, Halaster didn't cast the spell, Mystra herself did. THe Goddess of Magic merely transferred his mental illness into Asmodeus. Besides, I suspect that it's only temporary, as someone as powerful as Asmodeus wouldn't be affected for long.

As for Shurrpak, he could take on Drizzt AND Artemis Entreri together and still probably win. He is a Fighter 20/Rogue 3/Wizard 7. This is the same man who had once been the Chosen of Gilgeam, before the god had died. Shurrupak is an outlaw in Unther and Mulhorand, but he moves freely because no one is willing to confront this insane and skilled fighter.

Are there any novels concerning Shurrupak?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2004 :  18:21:15  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arteris

Short answer is: No. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2004 :  19:22:53  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget Maraunth Torr.

I'd go on about how misguided a question this all is, but I don't have the time. I'll note, though, that the distinction between 'significant' and 'common' people Dracandos makes in the names thread is not one the Realms shares, and that that is an important characteristic of the setting.

Edited by - Faraer on 13 Nov 2004 19:24:40
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2004 :  00:08:48  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

quote:
Originally posted by Arteris

Short answer is: No. :)

As Kuje said, there hasn't been any. All Shurrupak has appeared in are manuals and guides. However, I really hope there would be one in the future, as I want to know what happens to him now as a wandering fighter in Unther. Several gods are trying to recruit this powerful warrior into their service and I want to know what happens with him... (sigh)

Go to Top of Page

Charon
Acolyte

Australia
16 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2004 :  03:42:19  Show Profile  Visit Charon's Homepage Send Charon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shurrupak?
mightiest fighter?
ha...entreri and drizzt could both mop the floor with this "Shurrupak"
they are unbeateable in my opinion (what if they teamed up!!!YES!!!)
just add them theyre awesome fighters

we...are...legion
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2004 :  04:51:37  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shurrupak could probably kill them both at the same time...

Artemis and Drizzt haven't exactly reached "epic" standards yet.

Go to Top of Page

Arazthmus
Acolyte

Cayman Islands
1 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2004 :  18:01:56  Show Profile  Visit Arazthmus's Homepage Send Arazthmus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I may, I compiled a short list of the Realm's most powerful individual figures.

*The Chosen of Mystra (which include Elminster, Khelben, the Simbul, ect.)

*The Sarrukh: (The fifty or so liches who still exist in stasis scattered about the realms.)

*High Prince Telamont Tanthul (Ruler of Shade)

*The Mistmaster: (Not a terrible amount of information on him, but if the stats in Cloak and Dagger are accurate, then he is the most powerful figure in the Realms.)

*Daurgothoth: (Black dracolich. Wizard and favored of Mystra)

*Aurgloroasa: (Shadow dracolich from the Thunder Peaks.)

*The Phaerimm: (Many of them are archwizards)

*Larloch: (The ultra-lich from ancient Netheril)

*Elven High Mages: (Their stats can't be found anywhere in the core books, but you know they're powerful.)

*The Zulkirs of Thay: (Eight specialist archmages.)

*The Magelords of Halruua: (Again, no stats, location says it all.)

*Balagos: (Considering the absence of good dragons in the Realms, he is the most powerful red dragon that I know of, outside of the dracoliches.)

If any of the following is inaccurate, then I appologize. I'm writing this without the benefit of the core books to back me up.
Go to Top of Page

Beowulf
Learned Scribe

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2004 :  18:15:22  Show Profile  Visit Beowulf's Homepage Send Beowulf a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I noticed that demons/devils were included, so, that would seem to invite the inclusion of the gods as well. Of them, and above all those listed thus far, I would deem Tyr to be the most powerful.

His power spans many "crystal spheres", thus placing him beyond Ao's might, and some might argue that within our own world (the power source of all crystal spheres) his worship can be argued to have continued under the Latin variant of his ancient name, Deus.

Grendel's Momma's Daddy

"Ill tempered the wretch, who laughs at everyone. He cannot recognize, as he should, that he is not without faults." the High One, Poetic Edda
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2004 :  19:21:00  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shoon VII, in 2e, so far, is the highest level wizard with 36 levels. He's also a demilich and he can take over peoples bodies. Lands of Intrigue box set in the the Amn book.

Radoc, who is a planar from somewhere outside of Realmspace, is also pretty high with 20 cleric levels and 23 wizard levels in 2e. He's in the North box set.

Parzal the Outrageous, a 31st wizard and 16th Cleric from Netheril who survived the fall of Netheril is also probably up there in levels if he's still alive in modern times. He's in the Netheril Box set.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2004 :  19:22:14  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beowulf

I noticed that demons/devils were included, so, that would seem to invite the inclusion of the gods as well. Of them, and above all those listed thus far, I would deem Tyr to be the most powerful.

His power spans many "crystal spheres", thus placing him beyond Ao's might, and some might argue that within our own world (the power source of all crystal spheres) his worship can be argued to have continued under the Latin variant of his ancient name, Deus.

Grendel's Momma's Daddy

Correction. He spanned many crystal spheres in the old cosmology. Now he does not since each deity in FR is seperate and different from thier named counterparts. :)

Go to Top of Page

Shadewalker
Acolyte

Switzerland
5 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2004 :  11:03:02  Show Profile  Visit Shadewalker's Homepage Send Shadewalker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen Telamont. It's (by official rules) the most powerful spellcaster in the FR. Not to forget his sons, which everyone can cast, as far I know, 9th level spell, one even arcane and divine 9th.

Further, I'd like to mention Karsus. He had some trouble in his life, but was still very powerful. Don't know if you only want to have alive ones.

The trouble with being a god is, that you have no one to pray to!
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2004 :  15:18:29  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

Parzal the Outrageous, a 31st wizard and 16th Cleric from Netheril who survived the fall of Netheril is also probably up there in levels if he's still alive in modern times. He's in the Netheril Box set.

Interesting... I thought that Larloch and Ioulaun are like the two Netherese Arcanists left on Faerun that's still "alive". Looks like there maybe a third one. Kuje, do you know what god Parzal had followed?

Go to Top of Page

Krafus
Learned Scribe

246 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2004 :  15:50:11  Show Profile  Visit Krafus's Homepage Send Krafus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to Volo's Guide to the North, Ioulaum is gone:

(P. 223, entry for Tabra, a NG HF Wiz22): "She was once an apprentice of Ioulaum, one of the few Netherese sorcerer-kings not to perish in the fall of Netheril or flee to Halruaa. Ioulaum was ultimately slain in a spell battle with a cabal of a dozen alhoon (illithiliches) [...]"
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2004 :  16:49:11  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ya, I know that. But we've been having our little "conspiracy theories" here at Candlkeep that he isn't "dead".

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000