Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Petition to Atari - Baldur'ss Gate 3 in 2D!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Myst ral
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2004 :  22:03:45  Show Profile  Visit Myst ral's Homepage Send Myst ral a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
We want Atari to change BG3 graphics to 2d. If You agree our point of view, sind our petition, which is placed here -> http://www.petitiononline.com/baldur2d/petition.html
This is the petition text:

Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale fans are disappointed with the news that Baldurs Gate III will use 3D graphic engine. We don't want new NWN or ToEE, we want interesting and easy playable game in 2D isometric view. Infinity engine is welcomed. Ogre curved mouth would be "nice" in NWN 2 but not in Baldurs Gate III. ToEE used "new cool graphics" and failed on all lines. Making quest in a Hommlet was a disaster… We demand that BG III would be a 2D isometric game, if not - do not dare call it Baldurs Gate III. And furthermore - don't make a stupid fantasy Dragonball like game where quest are like go kill 100 goblins.

Edited by - Alaundo on 26 Aug 2004 22:53:33

arilyn742
Seeker

Ireland
54 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2004 :  01:07:05  Show Profile  Visit arilyn742's Homepage Send arilyn742 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I signed it. You can tell it's me by the "742".

Yonde iru, mune no doko ka oku de
Itsumo kokoro odoru yume wo mitai
Kanashimi wa kazoekirenai keredo
Sono mukou de kitto anata ni aeru
Go to Top of Page

arilyn742
Seeker

Ireland
54 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2004 :  01:08:33  Show Profile  Visit arilyn742's Homepage Send arilyn742 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
EDIT: And I was the 200th, too!

Yonde iru, mune no doko ka oku de
Itsumo kokoro odoru yume wo mitai
Kanashimi wa kazoekirenai keredo
Sono mukou de kitto anata ni aeru
Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2004 :  12:36:40  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be interested in a petition demanding that anyone but Atari produce the game.

I don't think it'll make any difference how it is produced, (2d, 3d, 4d or any number of D's), If it's produced to the same "quality" as their other offereings it'll be a waste of money

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2004 :  13:36:08  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kahonen

I'd be interested in a petition demanding that anyone but Atari produce the game.

I don't think it'll make any difference how it is produced, (2d, 3d, 4d or any number of D's), If it's produced to the same "quality" as their other offereings it'll be a waste of money

Sounds like youre badly scarred from Temple of Elemental Evil, kahonen

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Alexander Heppe
Seeker

Germany
62 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2004 :  14:32:23  Show Profile Send Alexander Heppe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did I miss Atari´s announcement of Baldur´s Gate III ?
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2004 :  15:02:35  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link, lets hope Atari pay attention to it.

Guns don't kill people, magic missiles do.
Go to Top of Page

Kaervok
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2004 :  16:35:07  Show Profile  Visit Kaervok's Homepage Send Kaervok a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wait, what?! Baldurs Gate Three?

Well I really did not think you could continue the story any more, they have kind of milked it for what it's got. It's not good when people overdue an awesome story.

But can we have a link for BG3? I have not heard one thing about it.

I will petition though, the 2d style and on that engine gave so many possibilities like chain contingency and Imprisonment spells and all that stuff that required special things that you could not do in NWN.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2004 :  17:32:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hate to say this, but from what I've read, online petitions aren't terribly effective...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Myst ral
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2004 :  08:12:25  Show Profile  Visit Myst ral's Homepage Send Myst ral a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kaervok You're right, becouse it won't even be continuation of the story from BG1 & 2 :| It'll be a diffrent story not connected with children of Bhaal...

I'm also mad when I hear, Atari is producing that game, we all had already many chances to notic, Atari is not able to produce a good RPG.

I'll look for tha link and place it here as fast as possible.
Go to Top of Page

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2004 :  00:51:02  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ummm... mebe there's been an update in the past couple weeks that I've missed, but as far as I knew it, BGIII has been completely backburnered by Atari. They're concentrating on development of NWN2 and a couple other games, and while, they haven't scrapped the idea completely, it's been put on a shelf for at least a couple years...

K

Knowledge is power... power corrupts... knowledge corrupts? hmm...

Death is only frightening to those who haven't died yet...
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2004 :  01:14:32  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I hate to say this, but from what I've read, online petitions aren't terribly effective...

Especially when they are worded as badly as this one

I for one am not going to sign this. Besides its terrible wording and pessimistic attitude I'd really like to see the next game in 3D.

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

Durak
Seeker

68 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2004 :  16:27:46  Show Profile  Visit Durak's Homepage Send Durak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What i loved about the BG series. Especially BG2 was the graphical experience you got from looking at the sights around you. Look at Anm's (forgot spelling) Temple district, with the giant statues to gods, your char looked so small against. You felt your in a temple district. In NWN for example everything looked the same, you just didnt get the impression you were in a unique area.

i wouldnt call ToEE 3d though.

I seen some good 3d games, problem is with 3d that monsters close up look bad, in 2d they are small so you tend not see the faults as much.

If they do go 3d i want scale, i want to see massive things. To look up at a dragon and having to keep on looking up.
If 3d wont it be a NWN type game?
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2004 :  22:16:12  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Durak

What i loved about the BG series. Especially BG2 was the graphical experience you got from looking at the sights around you. Look at Anm's (forgot spelling) Temple district, with the giant statues to gods, your char looked so small against. You felt your in a temple district. In NWN for example everything looked the same, you just didnt get the impression you were in a unique area.

i wouldnt call ToEE 3d though.

I seen some good 3d games, problem is with 3d that monsters close up look bad, in 2d they are small so you tend not see the faults as much.

If they do go 3d i want scale, i want to see massive things. To look up at a dragon and having to keep on looking up.
If 3d wont it be a NWN type game?

uuhm, you did get that oh I am so small feeling in NWN as well. Especially when fighting dragons just adjust the camera with the [page down] button and you could look at him towering over you. So 3D dosn't hinder scale, it's all a matter of getting the camera right.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Durak
Seeker

68 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2004 :  15:23:30  Show Profile  Visit Durak's Homepage Send Durak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Nwn, even with looking horizontal, the dragon and everything else had a maximum height, about 3 times your char size. I just felt that NWN didnt have the feeling of massiveness.

Look at other 3d games, EQ, DAOC, even morrowind had more depth, height and massiveness in the artwork.

I doubt you can tell me the artwork in NWN was better than BG2. Dont get me wrong i liked NWN, just i thought BG was better.
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2004 :  23:19:22  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No the 2d map textures looked great and still does, most of it thank's to Black Isle. Who I will miss a lot

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000