Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 eTools
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2002 :  19:56:45  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Do you use eTools?
I bought it but i'm a little bit disapointed
The skills points are always wrong (it doesn't look at the intelligence) and their database is a real mess!

Does anyone of you know were i could find updates of eTools that fix the skill point problem? I also look at the XML file of the prestige classes of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting book.

I some have eTools and want to update their Database:
http://webpages.charter.net/ericnoah/noahrpg/

Edited by - Alaundo on 08 Dec 2002 21:07:03

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2002 :  23:06:34  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wizards put out a BETA... i say again BETA patch 1.0.
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/dx20021115x

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  22:17:18  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought e-tools a month or so back but i mainly wish to use it on my laptop rather than my main PC. However, it insists i insert the CD when loading the program, which is stupid considering its on a laptop, i tend not to carry a case of CD's around with me! Does anyone know how to get around this? I heard that there are two versions of e-tools, one which DOESNT need a CD, so there must be a main program upgrade or something?

Anyone help?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  22:21:55  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i have the same problem and didn't find anything to disable the cd check
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  00:55:30  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More and more programs are coming this way. Prevents illegal file sharing,or some such nonsence.
Go to Top of Page

Rolling
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2003 :  06:08:51  Show Profile  Visit Rolling's Homepage Send Rolling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right click on your shortcut and click properties. Then in the "Target" field, add space followed by "adragonateit" without the quotes. I guess it's supposed to be an attempt at humor by WoTC. I found it to be rather funny .

Don't take life seriously; you'll never make it out alive...
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2003 :  20:22:22  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rolling
Right click on your shortcut and click properties. Then in the "Target" field, add space followed by "adragonateit" without the quotes. I guess it's supposed to be an attempt at humor by WoTC. I found it to be rather funny

Yaaayyyy thanks Rolling
Although I dont understand the "humor" thing, maybe im missing something?!

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2003 :  17:42:31  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Wizards of the Coast have cast a summon familiar spell and turned up with a group of monkeys to enhance and debug the e-tools. I guess the unseen servant and mending spells didn't work anymore...

Anyways, included in the summoning was a tidbit that the monkey's could also put some of the Wizard's D20 stuff in their own product PCGen. Both sets of tools will feature more 'official' D&D items and best of all FR compatibility as well, no more manually inserting feats, skills etc. the datasets should be updated in upcoming releases.

Does the above sound like monkeytalk... probably, but click on the URL and find out.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2003 :  19:04:03  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal
The Wizards of the Coast have cast a summon familiar spell and turned up with a group of monkeys to enhance and debug the e-tools. I guess the unseen servant and mending spells didn't work anymore...

Anyways, included in the summoning was a tidbit that the monkey's could also put some of the Wizard's D20 stuff in their own product PCGen. Both sets of tools will feature more 'official' D&D items and best of all FR compatibility as well, no more manually inserting feats, skills etc. the datasets should be updated in upcoming releases.

Does the above sound like monkeytalk... probably, but click on the URL and find out.

LOL
Mumadar you sound like a sales exec! and a corny one at that Gave me a good chuckle though

Incidently, I find etools unbearable on the eyes!

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2003 :  20:05:42  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
for those that haven't checked Wizards.com, E-tools is now going to be fully run by a group called "Code Monkey" and they will be having a new patch ready like within a few months or such... and then all further things dealing with E-tools is strictly through them...
read up about it at.. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rs/20030225a

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2003 :  07:32:34  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

LOL
Mumadar you sound like a sales exec! and a corny one at that Gave me a good chuckle though

Guess that's the danger of having RL influence one's hobby...
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  22:38:15  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got a copy of E-tools and had a breif look at it. Does anyone think that compared to the Old core rules layout this one is terrible? I honestally prefere the Core ruels program. There also seems to be alot more included in Core Rules!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2003 :  06:24:12  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

...I dont understand the "humor" thing, maybe im missing something?!

It's like the classic why-I-don't-have-my-homework excuse, that "the dog ate it." Or the dragon, in this case.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2003 :  07:51:53  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elrond Half Elven

I got a copy of E-tools and had a breif look at it. Does anyone think that compared to the Old core rules layout this one is terrible? I honestally prefere the Core ruels program. There also seems to be alot more included in Core Rules!

Well I bought eTools a couple of months ago, and I still cant get myself to use it. Every now and then I sit down and think "right, here goes.." but once past the menu page.. URGH! Its appauling! I loved the old Core Rules program and still use that, but when it comes to 3rd Ed. im stumped

ETools is probably the most disappointing D&D product ive ever bought.

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2003 :  09:34:18  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Remember that this year an updated version of e-tools is due out, including more rules, including FR related stuff.

The old core rules were nice, but I wouldn't praise them to heaven. One still had to use a lot of custom made items to approximate things. Today, I still use pen and paper (or a word document) to fill out and work with charactersheets. Even for 2e characters.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2003 :  11:09:41  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you know if this upadte will be free (on www.wizards.com for example?)

And i agree, even if it's longer i prefer making my characters with pen an papers. I didn't find a good enough generator (and i didn't find the updates for FR for PcGen)
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2003 :  15:11:03  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IIRC the product will be for sale through the Code Monkey Publishing group (see e-mail above somewhere). Like the ESD's that are for sale on he WotC websites. Some updates might be free though, probably depends on the contents of the update...
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2003 :  23:03:35  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey there folks long time no see.

Question....

If you happen to have a version 1.0 eTools installed where might one find the old patches?

I have the patches that bring you up to 1.2.1 and 1.3 but I have nothing to bring me from 1.0 to 1.2 and the install of the later patches fails out.

Grrrrr. Help

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2003 :  04:11:15  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well this site has the file that does the patch upgrades from codemonkey... the top patch is for BOTH 1.2 and 1.2.1

http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=4

this site also has the later patches... be sure to read the notes on that page for each patch

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000