Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Problem with installation...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sourcemaster2
Senior Scribe

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  04:46:24  Show Profile  Visit Sourcemaster2's Homepage Send Sourcemaster2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
When I try to install Icewind Dale 2, I get an error message saying

Component: Minimum Uncompressed
File Group: Minimum Uncompressed-Language Independent
Dile: D:\Data\ANMchar.bif
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

I've had the game installed before, and it worked fine, but now this problem occurs. Any suggestion, noble sages?

But what have all the passing years/Done, but breed new angers, fears?/Show me now an equal worth/To innocence I earned at birth.

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  05:20:22  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you tried installing it on another machine? I'd think the file on the disc is corrupt or something, but it's always possible it's something on your computer. Also, it probably wouldn't hurt to check if all your drivers (CD drive, in particular) are up-to-date.
Go to Top of Page

Durak
Seeker

68 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  11:14:27  Show Profile  Visit Durak's Homepage Send Durak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You maybe having the xp problem with installation. Try copying the installation file to your Hrd Drive and run it in wun 95 compat mode.

Other than having a corrupted disk, i can see any way to help you.

I got an error when i did a BGII ToB install on my BGII SoA. But it worked the second time fine.
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  11:40:40  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It would seem that the installation wizard is having difficulty decompressing one of the files.

Perhaps what might work, since its been known to do the trick in the past, is to write the CD as an image on your hard drive. There are a number of tools on the web for this, Clone CD being one of them. Then use emulation software, such as Daemon tools to run the image and see if it works better.

That's about all advice I can offer. Also, try to install it on another machine, at least that way you can learn if it's your machine or the CD at fault.

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  15:35:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MuadDib

It would seem that the installation wizard is having difficulty decompressing one of the files.

Perhaps what might work, since its been known to do the trick in the past, is to write the CD as an image on your hard drive. There are a number of tools on the web for this, Clone CD being one of them. Then use emulation software, such as Daemon tools to run the image and see if it works better.

That's about all advice I can offer. Also, try to install it on another machine, at least that way you can learn if it's your machine or the CD at fault.

It may not even be necessary to use any software for that... I was trying to install a brand new, just out of the box game on a friend's computer, and it kept giving all sorts of error messages. Finally I just copied all the files to his hard drive, and ran the installation from there. It worked just fine.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2004 :  12:47:10  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that could work too

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000