Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Caradoon
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dodger
Acolyte

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2004 :  23:53:40  Show Profile  Visit Dodger's Homepage Send Dodger a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Aside from the descriptions given in Night Masks, is there any detailed information on this town, such as buildings, personalities etc?

If so where can it be found?

Thanks, in hope...

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  21:00:10  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, lets see.

There is a map in the FRIA over Caradoon. Otherwise my scrolls contain little info on the city

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Dodger
Acolyte

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  15:37:16  Show Profile  Visit Dodger's Homepage Send Dodger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Hymn.

Is it any more detailed than the one in Night Masks?

And if this is the only source of recorded lore, I assume that I am ok to create a campaign there without conflicting?
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  21:03:45  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dodger

Thanks Hymn.

Is it any more detailed than the one in Night Masks?

And if this is the only source of recorded lore, I assume that I am ok to create a campaign there without conflicting?

I wouldn't know since I haven't read the Night Masks, yet. But it got all the important buildings named and more.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Dodger
Acolyte

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  15:27:56  Show Profile  Visit Dodger's Homepage Send Dodger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cheers. Now all I need is to track down a copy of the FRIA... :)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  15:37:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cheers. Now all I need is to track down a copy of the FRIA... :)

Good luck on that one... I track them when I see them on eBay, and of late, they've been going for anywhere between $60-$80.

Making a copy of mine and selling the original has crossed my mind more than once.

No, I'm not going to do that -- I like having the actual CD. But still...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 17 Aug 2004 15:38:41
Go to Top of Page

Arnwyn
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2004 :  01:49:39  Show Profile  Visit Arnwyn's Homepage Send Arnwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Aside from the descriptions given in Night Masks, is there any detailed information on this town, such as buildings, personalities etc?

Sadly, no.

The only information on Caradoon can be found in these sources:
- Night Masks novel (as you noted above)
- map: inside cover of Night Masks novel
- map: Forgotten Realms Atlas CD-ROM (not much different)
- general geographic features: Lands of Intrigue box, Book 3, p.5
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2004 :  03:11:34  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dodger, the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas is available from svgames.com.
Go to Top of Page

Dodger
Acolyte

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2004 :  12:55:18  Show Profile  Visit Dodger's Homepage Send Dodger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks all.

I'm setting a module in Caradoon, and I wanted to use official info where possible.

So if there's nothing further available, I guess I'm safe to create what I need to. :)
Go to Top of Page

pheno
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2005 :  04:46:48  Show Profile  Visit pheno's Homepage Send pheno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dodger,

Did you ever come up with any information on Caradoon? I have a group leaving the eastern Vihon Reach traveling along the Tethir Road and this will take them past Caradoon, so any information you have would be great. I know these people, no way they bypass the city even though the road is a few miles south of the city.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000