Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Castle Killgrave
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jerard Doonsay
Seeker

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  19:15:54  Show Profile  Visit Jerard Doonsay's Homepage Send Jerard Doonsay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Now I tried this before on the Wizards boards, and they were mean to me, so I will try here - Does any one have any information on the Castle Killgrave, other than from The Avatar Trilogy. It would be most helpfull.

May history live forever in the writings and stories of those who wish to tell them.

Please come and enjoy my website http://ferien.aribytes.org

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  19:29:47  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jerard Doonsay

Now I tried this before on the Wizards boards, and they were mean to me, so I will try here - Does any one have any information on the Castle Killgrave, other than from The Avatar Trilogy. It would be most helpfull.

This location is given a write up on pages 134-135 of the old FR Atlas. You might want to check RPGNow and see if they sell that item online? Not sure if they do, but if so it can help you out and is a good investment.
Go to Top of Page

Jerard Doonsay
Seeker

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  22:35:41  Show Profile  Visit Jerard Doonsay's Homepage Send Jerard Doonsay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sadly the FR Atlas is nolonger at RPGNow. But thank you for introducing me to a whole new library that I can take part in.

May history live forever in the writings and stories of those who wish to tell them.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2004 :  00:21:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

This location is given a write up on pages 134-135 of the old FR Atlas. You might want to check RPGNow and see if they sell that item online? Not sure if they do, but if so it can help you out and is a good investment.

I've seen the book on eBay many times. There may be one or two on there now.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Jerard Doonsay
Seeker

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2004 :  17:44:07  Show Profile  Visit Jerard Doonsay's Homepage Send Jerard Doonsay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alas, I could not find it on ebay. I fear that the Atlas is lost unto me. Blast it all. You'd think there would be more info on the castle somewhere...

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2004 :  19:13:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Alas, I could not find it on ebay. I fear that the Atlas is lost unto me. Blast it all. You'd think there would be more info on the castle somewhere...

Keep an eye out for it... In fact, you can set up a notification thing, so if one pops up, eBay will send you an email.

Just last week there was two of them on there. The print one turns up a lot more oft than the Interactive one.

Go to Top of Page

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2004 :  20:15:32  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly, is it in the interactive atlas?
I could perhaps look it up and help the lad out...

K

Knowledge is power... power corrupts... knowledge corrupts? hmm...

Death is only frightening to those who haven't died yet...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2004 :  20:32:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karesch

Wooly, is it in the interactive atlas?
I could perhaps look it up and help the lad out...

K

I'm not sure; I've not looked at mine.

quote:

There's one on there right now; the auction ends in 6 hours...

Go to Top of Page

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2004 :  20:34:42  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you should give him the link wooly, so he can find it, incase his search isn't bringing it up...

K

Knowledge is power... power corrupts... knowledge corrupts? hmm...

Death is only frightening to those who haven't died yet...
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2004 :  01:16:27  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karesch

you should give him the link wooly, so he can find it, incase his search isn't bringing it up...

K

Here's a link to the auction that WR mentioned. Only 90 minutes left as I post this message.

Go to Top of Page

Jerard Doonsay
Seeker

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2004 :  05:50:57  Show Profile  Visit Jerard Doonsay's Homepage Send Jerard Doonsay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was too late. Curse me not getting on til 11:45 central time. througbh in retrospect it doesn't matter too much as I'm flat broke right now. Thank you for all your help, though I'm still about where I started.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2004 :  06:32:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was too late. Curse me not getting on til 11:45 central time. througbh in retrospect it doesn't matter too much as I'm flat broke right now. Thank you for all your help, though I'm still about where I started.

As I say, just keep an eye out for them on there. The print one does turn up a few times each month; certainly more often than some other OOP Realms products.

Go to Top of Page

Jerard Doonsay
Seeker

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2004 :  13:56:34  Show Profile  Visit Jerard Doonsay's Homepage Send Jerard Doonsay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is what amazes me; if the great scribes of Candlekeep cant come up with anyu lore or legend other than the FR Atlas and the Avatar Trilogy, then there must not be any more on the subject, right? I mean, that makes some sense doesn't it? Well, keep looking, and I will keep on the lookout for the Atlas on ebay.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2004 :  15:28:52  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

If you have any used bookstores in your area, that's another option. Although a long shot, you'd be surprised what you find at such stores. For example, this weekend, I ran across: Secrets of the Magister, Drow of the Underdark, and a bunch of other Realms/other TSR world products. All were in decent shape and at very reasonable prices.
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2004 :  18:21:42  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Castle Kilgrave is in FRE1 Shadowdale.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2004 :  01:05:29  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's two more copies of the Atlas on eBay right now... Here and here. Both have 6 days left.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 28 Jul 2004 01:06:06
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2004 :  06:06:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

There's two more copies of the Atlas on eBay right now...

That was a very thoughtful gesture. Good job WR.
Go to Top of Page

Jerard Doonsay
Seeker

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2004 :  07:04:10  Show Profile  Visit Jerard Doonsay's Homepage Send Jerard Doonsay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Wooly Ruperrt

There's two more copies of the Atlas on eBay right now... Here and here. Both have 6 days left.

Thanks a buch Wooly. I'll actually have money by the end of these, so I just may be able to get one. Blast it, I need an account. Well, that shouldn't be too hard.

*EDIT* it's harder than you think, mostly because i'm not 18 and don't have a credit card. Blast it all again.

quote:
Faraer

Castle Kilgrave is in FRE1 Shadowdale.

Do you have any clue where I can find this?

Edited by - Jerard Doonsay on 28 Jul 2004 07:09:47
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2004 :  07:46:46  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Do you have any clue where I can find this?

The Shadowdale module can be found as a PDF at RPGNow. However, I think a credit card is again required to purchase the item.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2004 :  08:34:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks a buch Wooly. I'll actually have money by the end of these, so I just may be able to get one. Blast it, I need an account. Well, that shouldn't be too hard.

*EDIT* it's harder than you think, mostly because i'm not 18 and don't have a credit card. Blast it all again.

I think all you need is a non-anonymous e-mail addy. An ISP provided e-mail addy would do the trick. If you use something like Yahoo or Hotmail, where there's nothing to prove you are who you say you are, then eBay wants some sort of confirmation.

Go to Top of Page

Jerard Doonsay
Seeker

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2004 :  16:24:40  Show Profile  Visit Jerard Doonsay's Homepage Send Jerard Doonsay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The pproblem is that that is all I have, Yahoo and Hotmail, and I will NOT get an AOL account. AOL is evil. But that's another rant. Anyway, this is yet another problem that is going to take some serious weaslige (of a caliber I am not yet capable of) to get out of this. Blast it all. I need a credit card.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2004 :  16:44:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The pproblem is that that is all I have, Yahoo and Hotmail, and I will NOT get an AOL account. AOL is evil. But that's another rant. Anyway, this is yet another problem that is going to take some serious weaslige (of a caliber I am not yet capable of) to get out of this. Blast it all. I need a credit card.

You don't have a e-mail account from your ISP?

You could get an AOL account, use that to set up the eBay account, change the eBay info to your Hotmail account, then nix the AOL account...

Or you could hit up a friend or relative who has an eBay account...

Go to Top of Page

IngoDjan
Learned Scribe

Brazil
146 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2008 :  07:26:46  Show Profile  Visit IngoDjan's Homepage Send IngoDjan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Buy the book FR Atlas or the Software FR Interactive Atlas. Both have excellent informations of this castle.

Ingo Djan
DUNGEON MASTER AO OF THE DIAMONDS!
"I see the future repeat the past. It all is a museum of great news. The Time do not stop."
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2008 :  09:23:49  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IngoDjan

Buy the book FR Atlas or the Software FR Interactive Atlas. Both have excellent informations of this castle.

Resurrecting an old scroll, aye? After all, 'tis 4 years ago that Jerard Doonsay was looking for the Atlas! I strongly believe he has managed to get it by now or stopped trying. But you never know!

Anyhow, sometimes it helps to look at the scolls date!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 28 Jun 2008 09:27:05
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2008 :  20:48:15  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you're interested in that which has befallen Castle Kilgrave in 4th Edition, here are the relavant bits from Spellplague: The Wailing Years

quote:
The Helmlands
Formed during the Time of Troubles, this desolate land of howling winds and jagged rock was the site of Mystra's destruction at the hands of Helm in the Year of Shadows (1358 DR). In the months following its creation, locals named the site the Pits of Mystra, for the land was nothing but bubbling tar pits as far as the eye could see. Priests dedicated to the new Goddess of Magic cleansed the land of the fetid pits in later years, but the tear in the fabric of the Weave remained. Today a forest of towering redwoods has returned; the original was lost when Mystra's dying energy blasted the land like a million Shou cannons. In the wake of the Spellplague, the Helmlands have grown, spreading along the northern wall of the Stormhorns, stretching as far west as the foothills above Eveningstar. Wild magic still pervades the entire region, but unlike the Plaguewrought Lands, visitors can enter the Helmslands without fear of becoming spellscarred.

TEMPLE ACHERON: Once the blasted ruin of Castle Kilgrave, the imposing stronghold was rebuilt by priests of Bane following his apparent resurrection in the Year of Wild Magic (1372 DR). As the Lord of Strife himself had done during the Time of Troubles, the strifelords reshaped the ruins into an echo of Bane's Temple of the Suffering in the Barrens of Doom and Despair. Thirty-foot-high walls constructed of a seamless other-worldly material of black laced with green connect the windowless towers on four corners, and on the west side a towering 60-foot obelisk encloses a drawbridge set against the wall. Purple Dragon Knights stationed at Castle Crag patrol the eastern perimeter of the Helmslands daily, keeping a vigilant eye for any threats coming from Temple Acheron.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Evrat
Acolyte

France
45 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2016 :  17:14:19  Show Profile Send Evrat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Scroll of Raise Dead*

Anyone as futher informations on Kilgrave Castle. When it had been build, by who (Kilgrave Family ?), the potentiel use of the celestial stair by the Cormyr...

I checked quickly the altas and Shadowdale, but nothing special on his past history.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2016 :  22:00:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow... I didn't realize this was a resurrected thread, when I saw it pop up. And then I saw the name of my senile and long-absent friend SiriusBlack...

Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2016 :  03:07:38  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like this scroll was resurrected twice, lol. I just clicked on it because I wanted to see what it was about. I didn't notice the dates at first. I wasn't here for the initial post or the first rezzing.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000