Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Creator Races - Spoilers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  08:22:04  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Since I haven't played Neverwinter Nights, I don't know what the fuss is all about.

Could anyone spill the beans on all the hype?

Also are there any good play guide for NWN out there? Online or otherwise?

Kudos.

Ponka! Kaddu!

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  09:23:45  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I never got around to finishing the game, but it was quite good as far as computer RPGs go(especially DnD ones) and is a great game.

AS for the Creator Races, this was not so major a portion of the plot as you might think, with only cameo appearances and teasers for the fist three of four chapters.

I assume that ther are scores of players guides out there, but using them the first time through is about on par with stealing the dm's notes before the game and going throught hte adventure so you would know the "right" things to do. Which is an action punishible by a savage beating with tube socks filled with dice(and pillowcases full of lead minis) where I am from.

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.
Go to Top of Page

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  13:53:50  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Capn' I agree with where your coming from. But I didn't like NWN that much. Sure its all 3D and stuff, but the spirit isn't actually there. When I played BG I was immersed into a world that I had previously only imagined on paper. And I say that I liked it, heck even the Icewind Dale games "I" think are better than NWN. Of course, sales figures and public opinion will not agree with me. They don't have to and I don't care.

My point is I'm after the story and don't want to play the game, so where can I find spoilers?

Thank you.

Ponka! Kaddu!
Go to Top of Page

brjr2001
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2004 :  18:07:10  Show Profile  Visit brjr2001's Homepage Send brjr2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hated NWN it was the no storyline and the lack of npc development that got me uninterested

baldurs gate one beats nwn
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2004 :  18:35:06  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If anyone's interested, find a gaming store or a book store and flip through Serpent Kingdoms. There is a brief blurb on the creator races for Faerun within the tome on page 55.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  15:47:46  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Phantom_Lord,

Well, I think the big thing on the Creator Races is just having that lore to understand creation as it relates to those factors. It is very interesting!

The creator races are:
  • Batrachi
  • Humans
  • Fey
  • Sarrukh
  • Aearee

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Phantom_Lord

Since I haven't played Neverwinter Nights, I don't know what the fuss is all about.

Could anyone spill the beans on all the hype?

Also are there any good play guide for NWN out there? Online or otherwise?

Kudos.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000