Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Deity's and Demigods
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GnomeBoy
Acolyte

South Africa
29 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  22:47:16  Show Profile  Visit GnomeBoy's Homepage Send GnomeBoy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Can Anyone give me like a complete list of all the gods which exist in the realms?
or a link would also suffice :)
Thx!

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  22:55:10  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GnomeBoy

Can Anyone give me like a complete list of all the gods which exist in the realms?
Thx!

Here's one link. It may not be fully updated, but it appears to be very comprehensive.
Go to Top of Page

GnomeBoy
Acolyte

South Africa
29 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  23:14:23  Show Profile  Visit GnomeBoy's Homepage Send GnomeBoy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thx yo :)
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  23:54:52  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thx yo :)

You're welcome. That list is missing some of the monster deities. Perhaps another scribe can assist you with a list of those gods.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  05:11:33  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are the monster deities:

(W=worshipers L=lessers gods I=intermediate G=greater)

Annam(G) (God of Giants, Creation, Learning, Philosophy, fertility) W: Giants
Baphomet(L) (God of Minotaurs and Vengeance) W: Minotaurs
Blibdoolpoolp(I) (God of Kuo-toas, evil undersea creatures) W: Kuo-toas
Djirinks(I) (God of Magic, knowledge, cruelty) W: Deero
Great Mother(G) (God of Magic, tyranny, fertility) W: Beholders
Grolanter(I) (God of Hunting, combat, hill giants) W: Hill Giants
Hiatera(G) (God of Nature, agriculture, hunting, childbirth) W: Giants
Hlal(L) (God of Humour, tricks, messages) W: Dragons

There's like ten or more monster gods but I don't have time right now. I'll post them later.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  15:57:37  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ilsensine, the illithid goddess :)

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2004 :  11:25:30  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Here are the monster deities:

There's like ten or more monster gods but I don't have time right now. I'll post them later.

Depends if you allow the 3e monster deity purge or not! Otherwise there'll be about 30 or so more, very interesting, deities.

But I'll concede that these arn't Faerūn-specific... as such. *Wanders off to plot against WotC*

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)

Edited by - Sarelle on 27 Jun 2004 11:29:24
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2004 :  16:51:09  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the list I was posting from was in the Faiths and Pantheons manual.

Here are the rest of them: (D=demigods)

Hruggek(I) (God of Violence, Combat, Ambushes) W: Bugbears
Iallanis(L) (God of Love, Forgiveness, Beauty, Mercy) W: Giants
Ilsensine(G) (God of Mental dominion, Magic) W: Mind Flayers
Kurtulmak(I) (God of Kobolds, Hatred) W: Kobolds
Laogzed(D) (God of Hunger, Destruction) W: Troglodytes
Maglubiyet(G) (God of Goblins, Hobgoblins, leadership, war) W: Goblinoids
Memnor(I) (God of Pride, Mental Prowess, Control) W: Giants
Null(G) (God of Fate, death, judgement) W: Dragons
Orcus(L) (God of Undead) W: Cultists, death worshipers
Pazreal(L) (God of evil flying creatures) W: Cultists, evil flying creatures
Sekolah(L) (God of Sahuagins, hunting, tyranny, plunder) W: Sahuagins
Skorraeus Stonebones(I) (God of Stone Giants, Buried THings) W: Stone Giants
Stronmaus(G) (God of Sun, sky, weather, joy, cloud giants) W: Cloud giants & Storm Giants
Surtr(L) (God of Fire Giants, fire, destruction) W: Fire giants
Task(G) (God of Greed, Selfishness) W: Dragons
Thrym(L) (God of Cold, Ice, Magic, Frost Giants) W: Frost Giants
Vaprak(D) (God of Violence, Destruction, Frenzy, Greed) W: Ogres, Trolls

BTW, not all these gods can actually grant spells to their worshipers. For example, Thrym was in the book Prince of Lies and Cyric laughed at him for having "priests and worshipers" when he doesn't even have the power to give spells.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2004 :  17:33:22  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Orcus(L) (God of Undead) W: Cultists, death worshipers

Not a god any more, thanks to the retcon in the Player's Guide since no deities resides in the Abyss and Orcus resides in the Abyss, hence he's not a god any more.

That goes for all demon princes and devil lords as well, since there are no gods in the Nine Hells either.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2004 :  20:24:53  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No deity living in the Abyss? Hmm... gotta re-read my Player's Guide then.

But doesn't Lolth live in the Demonweb, which is the 666th layer of the Abyss?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2004 :  20:44:45  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No deity living in the Abyss? Hmm... gotta re-read my Player's Guide then.

But doesn't Lolth live in the Demonweb, which is the 666th layer of the Abyss?

No she lives in the plane of the Demonweb Pits, but in the Wheel/Ring the Demonweb Pits is the 666th layer in the plane of the Abyss. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2004 :  22:47:50  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just when I thought I know it all... BAM! Thanks, man. Lol.

Well, what happened to Orcus's portfolio? Who has it now?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2004 :  23:10:35  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just when I thought I know it all... BAM! Thanks, man. Lol.

Well, what happened to Orcus's portfolio? Who has it now?

Good question and none of us can answer that.... Only WOTC can. :)

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  00:15:44  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31
Good question and none of us can answer that.... Only WOTC can. :)

All will be revealed in the upcoming PrC, Seeker of Orcus' Portfolio.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  01:21:34  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
All will be revealed in the upcoming PrC, Seeker of Orcus' Portfolio.

Go to Top of Page

GnomeBoy
Acolyte

South Africa
29 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2004 :  22:08:09  Show Profile  Visit GnomeBoy's Homepage Send GnomeBoy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Thanks for all the help! I appreciate it :)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2004 :  03:30:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gnomeboy, if you're interested in more details about the various monster gods, check out the 2e Monster Mythology tome. It's truly a worthwhile resource to have at hand...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2004 :  06:13:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Gnomeboy, if you're interested in more details about the various monster gods, check out the 2e Monster Mythology tome. It's truly a worthwhile resource to have at hand...

'Tis too bad they didn't do with those deities what they did in the three FR godbooks... That would have been truly wondermous!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2004 :  07:20:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's true.

But, I've always had a soft spot for Monster Mythology. It's always been one of my most indispensible D&D tomes. It ranks high on my listing of all time favorite tomes, right beneath the PS supplement On Hallowed Ground, another grand deity book.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2004 :  08:34:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's true.

But, I've always had a soft spot for Monster Mythology. It's always been one of my most indispensible D&D tomes. It ranks high on my listing of all time favorite tomes, right beneath the PS supplement On Hallowed Ground, another grand deity book.

I recently acquired the latter tome, myself.

I have Monster Mythology, but I've never gotten much use out of it. Of course, I've never had the chance to DM, either.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2004 :  08:47:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, for the standard campaigns, I'd have to agree with you. Monster Mythology has been of little use when I've run games in FR, DL, and RL.

However, it's a completely different story when your PCs are visiting the Planes. My PS campaigns are truly the only setting where the Monster Mythology tome has received permanent spine-line...

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2004 :  16:03:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, for the standard campaigns, I'd have to agree with you. Monster Mythology has been of little use when I've run games in FR, DL, and RL.

However, it's a completely different story when your PCs are visiting the Planes. My PS campaigns are truly the only setting where the Monster Mythology tome has received permanent spine-line...

Ah, now that makes sense. I'm not nearly as much a fan of the planes as you are. In fact, I got the original Planescape boxed set, but traded it in, since it didn't do anything for me.

Though I will admit to liking some planar action, like what was in the novels Finder's Bane and Tymora's Luck (I also liked seeing gods as characters ).

Go to Top of Page

Jerard Doonsay
Seeker

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2004 :  16:12:40  Show Profile  Visit Jerard Doonsay's Homepage Send Jerard Doonsay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is an almost complete list of all the deities in the realms here: http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=197789

May history live forever in the writings and stories of those who wish to tell them.

Please come and enjoy my website http://ferien.aribytes.org
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  07:37:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Ah, now that makes sense. I'm not nearly as much a fan of the planes as you are. In fact, I got the original Planescape boxed set, but traded it in, since it didn't do anything for me.

Though I will admit to liking some planar action, like what was in the novels Finder's Bane and Tymora's Luck (I also liked seeing gods as characters ).

I know that this is hardly the appropriate place to discuss it, but I'd like to hear more about your thoughts and why you decided to trade the PS boxed set in. As you may or may not know, I'm putting together my own cosmology, and I always like to hear what others either like or dislike about the planes in general. It helps me to garner a greater understanding and hopefully develop a planar framework that nearly every fan can enjoy.

So, in the interests of keeping this scroll free of off-topic chatter, send me an email. I'd like to hear from you...

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2005 :  22:57:01  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is ANNAM, the Giant deity of philosophy, fully described in Monster Mythology? I've been trying to find out more about him and his portfolio, especially since someone pointed out that Lathander killed the last human deity of philosophy and rationality. (Hmmm. Why would he do that?)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2005 :  01:43:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

Is ANNAM, the Giant deity of philosophy, fully described in Monster Mythology?
Yes, he is. Pg. 75 I believe. Annam is also fully detailed in the Giantcraft accessory.

quote:
I've been trying to find out more about him and his portfolio, especially since someone pointed out that Lathander killed the last human deity of philosophy and rationality. (Hmmm. Why would he do that?)
I don't believe so. Murdane died as a result of the Dawn Cataclysm.

Edited by - The Sage on 26 Jun 2005 01:53:24
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2005 :  01:55:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, several scribes and myself were having a discussion the other day about who might have access to the philosophy porfolio now.

Here's my thoughts on the subject -

quote:
Oghma is the more appropriate choice for the assignment of a philosophy portfolio.

Deneir and his clergy are dedicated more to the translation and distribution of various forms of literature and information, and keeping it updated and accessible - the true scholarly type.

Whereas, the church of Oghma is more concerned with the transitive aspects of knowledge and information, and its birth. Clergy of Oghma concentrate on ideas and knowledge and what they can learn from both old and new pieces of lore. If any type of philosophical thought is to be derived from the various texts of lore afloat around the Realms, the clergy of Oghma are the ones to know and understand it.

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2005 :  11:40:39  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

Is ANNAM, the Giant deity of philosophy, fully described in Monster Mythology?
Yes, he is. Pg. 75 I believe. Annam is also fully detailed in the Giantcraft accessory.

Merci.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  07:01:57  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeker GnomeBoy,

Here you go good sir!

[url]https://annex.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Forgotten_Realms_deities]/url]

Best regards,

quote:

Thx!

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000