Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Spelling Mistake
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  10:28:31  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I dunno if its just me being illiterate but I am pretty sure there is a spelling mistake on the summary for this area of the forum. It says that "Fans can submit there adventuring" I would have thought it would be "Fans can submit their adventuring".

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"

Edited by - Alaundo on 26 Jun 2004 10:42:07

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  12:51:47  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are correct!

But I believe that this thread would be more appropriate in the 'Site Content' area...

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  15:59:31  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye Nightelf;

There are a few spelling errors in the Library. It is difficult to collate this abundance of Lore and not miss a few minor details. However, feel free to send your observations to either meor to Alaundoand we will see to it they are corrected as soon as we have a moment to review the scrolls.

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  16:13:45  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NightElf

I dunno if its just me being illiterate but I am pretty sure there is a spelling mistake on the summary for this area of the forum. It says that "Fans can submit there adventuring" I would have thought it would be "Fans can submit their adventuring".

Now there's a good eye. Ever think about being an editor or proof reader?
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  17:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another one I've noticed is for "Well Met and Welcome to the Forums".

"Youre sure to receive..."
Correction:
"You're sure to receive..."
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  18:08:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, those kind of spelling mistakes are obvious to me, because I just naturally find them. But that's better than some spelling mistakes I've seen in WotC publications -- like page 170 of the Player's Guide to Faerūn. The last three entries on the timeline describe events that happen in the month of Ukta, which, apparently, is just after the month of Uktar.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 25 Jun 2004 18:21:31
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  18:28:41  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
The last three entries on the timeline describe events that happen in the month of Ukta, which, apparently, is just after the month of Uktar.

Maybe the printer charges extra to print the letter "r."
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  22:05:12  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Maybe the printer charges extra to print the letter "r."

Ha.

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  10:43:32  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Thank ye all for pointing these mistakes out. There are a few others I have noticed throughout the library as a whole which I intend to fix at some point. These things happen when there is so much to write

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly