Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Some info about this guy!!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jlindgren
Acolyte

Venezuela
6 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  14:02:05  Show Profile  Visit Jlindgren's Homepage Send Jlindgren a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello people some time ago there was a discussion in the wotc boards about he most powerful fighters in the realms and of course most people voted for shuruppak but someone write about this warrior that killed a dracolich with a quarterstaff!! and supossedly he was the chosen of set so i'm loking for some info on him (books, old accesories, etc) because c'mon if that was what really happened that guy coul beat shurupakk anytime IMO

It Had Three Holes And I Really Wanted One...

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  14:17:07  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shuruppak?
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  15:37:39  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know he's in the NPC's of the Forgotten Realms section of the Epic Level Handbook. Beyond what it says about him in there, I know nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  16:40:13  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chosen of Set?

Never heard of him. Maybe he was a PC or NPC made up by the person.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  18:39:41  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shruppak was an agent of Gilgeam in Unther and is now a free agent, whittling away at invading Mulhorandi.

You are thinking of Hamsetis. He is the ex-Thayan slave who was rumored to have killed a dracolich with a quarterstaff and is currently a member of the fangs of Set.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  18:54:40  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I stand corrected!

Is he actually a chosen of Set, also? Which source has information on him?

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  19:03:09  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elf_Friend

I know he's in the NPC's of the Forgotten Realms section of the Epic Level Handbook. Beyond what it says about him in there, I know nothing.

Ah, the ELH, explains why I didn't recognize the name. Has he been mentioned in anything else?
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  19:22:14  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Elf_Friend

Ah, the ELH, explains why I didn't recognize the name. Has he been mentioned in anything else?

Shuruppak is also mentioned in the FRCS, in the Unther section.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  21:31:31  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle
Shuruppak is also mentioned in the FRCS, in the Unther section.

Thanks Sarelle.
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  23:38:34  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe there is more information on both of them in Old Empires. Unfortunately, it is one of many products which I've loaned out over the years and not received back.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Jlindgren
Acolyte

Venezuela
6 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  00:18:13  Show Profile  Visit Jlindgren's Homepage Send Jlindgren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well that's what i needed a name!! i googled hamsetis and i found this site http://www.hallofhero.com/sand/index.cfm and there's a lot of info on the fangs of set and hamsetis and sure enough he's a 17 fighter/5 assasin and yeah he's the favored of set the site seems to be fanmade but based on the old empires sourcebook so i think is cool, so if you're not just about "canon" i think is a good source for one of the most "forgotten" regions of the FR ;)

It Had Three Holes And I Really Wanted One...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  00:33:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sarta

I believe there is more information on both of them in Old Empires. Unfortunately, it is one of many products which I've loaned out over the years and not received back.

Sarta

I have that source, but I'm at work at the moment. I just scribed myself a note to check that when I get home.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  00:59:48  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
here is what the FR10: Old Empires have to say about Shuruppak
quote:

Shuruppak
Wanders
20th-level Fighter/7th-level Mage
NE, Gilgeam
Human male
Shuruppak is referred to as The Reaper in Unther, for his approach is
death. He is a great fighter-mage, clad in black robes, protected by bracers of defense AC 2, who wanders from city to city, killing anyone he feels is an enemy of Gilgeam. Shuruppak is a psychopath prone to fits of extreme violence, known to take his sword to anyone when he is in a bad mood.
When Gilgeam orders him to kill someone, Shuruppak takes a group of
high-level mages and priests in Gilgeamís service with him. He has failed only once when he was ordered to bring in the Enclave; he killed several of the order before he was driven back by the most powerful wizards of that order.
He is currently in Messemprar trying to put down the riots, mostly by
taking hostages and executing them in public until the people quiet down. This strategy has not worked.
Shuruppak wears black robes and a hood adorned with a red skull mask
that covers the top half of his face. It is said that he was horribly scarred in battle long ago, but this is untrue. He has been a figure of dread for so long that he considers himself to be The Reaper.
Shuruppak has been given a number of special powers by Gilgeam. As there are plenty of opportunities for player characters to encounter him, his statistics follow:

AC: -3
HIT POINTS: 135
THAC0: 1
#AT: 3
DMG/ATT: By weapon + 8
SA: Spells
SD: 50% magic resistance, mirror image
(five images) three times per day,
immune to enchantment/charm and
slow spells.
STR 20 (+3, +8) DEX 21 CON 18 INT 16
WIS 17 CHA 16
Shuruppak typically wields a twohanded
sword +3 and wears bracers
of defense, AC 2.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  03:04:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or maybe someone will beat me to it, and I won't have to look at my books.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  03:14:46  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Or maybe someone will beat me to it, and I won't have to look at my books.

Hmm, yes that is known to happen from time to time.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  06:24:37  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are the stats of Shurrpak in the Epic Handbook the most updated version?

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  14:31:50  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Are the stats of Shurrpak in the Epic Handbook the most updated version?

Yep, although he is listed with the same levels (Fighter 20/Rogue 3/Wizard 7) in the FRCS, he is only statted out in the ELH.

Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  16:55:01  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think anything beyond Old Empires makes much mention of Hamsetis, which is too bad. The Fangs of Set were a nasty bunch and deserve more coverage.

Best bet is whatever information they have on him over at Empire of Sand, one of my favorite sources for Old Empire stuff (and anything else desert related): http://www.hallofhero.com/sand/index.cfm

Sarta

Edited by - Sarta on 11 Jun 2004 16:57:24
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000