Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Black Unicorns and Red Wizards?!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  05:47:25  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ok I was reading the entry for Lurue in the FR Faiths and Pantheons book and it says she hates Malar for helping the Red Wizards create Black Unicorns... Unfortuneatly I dont have the Monster Compendium FR and even if I did I wouldnt be sure if they would be in there. So can anyone tell me there STATS... Kinda sorta maybe...

If not thats cool cause I know typing or even finding links to a creature or persons STATS takes a while so if you could point me in the direction were I could find out about them that would be cool too. Thanks

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  06:06:21  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They can be found on pages 83-84 in Monsters of Faerun.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  09:40:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a friendly online resource where you can obtain these, and other similar FR creature stats Arteris. However, I will have to send the site address to you by ethereal mail. This is mainly because registering to the site is by invitation only...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  09:56:10  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It should be noted that you now have to pay a fee, to register at the site that the Sage is talking about. I'm not sure he's realised that...

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  23:46:55  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
>.< Oh well, my friend and I are going to go halves on the Faerun Monster Manual and Magic of Faerun anyways. Thanks very much everyone

Edited by - Arteris on 10 Jun 2004 23:47:32
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  03:47:58  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arteris

>.< Oh well, my friend and I are going to go halves on the Faerun Monster Manual and Magic of Faerun anyways. Thanks very much everyone

I wasn't a big fan of Mof, but the Faerun Monster Manual was great. Let us know what you think of each product after you two purchase them.
Go to Top of Page

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  00:50:22  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will do ^.^
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  03:32:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Arteris

I wasn't a big fan of Mof, but the Faerun Monster Manual was great. Let us know what you think of each product after you two purchase them.

Surprisingly, I prefered Magic over Monsters. Any reason why you didn't like it?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  04:20:40  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia
Surprisingly, I prefered Magic over Monsters. Any reason why you didn't like it?

Been too long to recall the reasons I didn't enjoy Magic of Faerun. I could try to remember by loading up the PDF for this tome, but why put my computer or myself through that ordeal. I will say this, in the X number of years since it's been out, after an initial read, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've referenced the tome. Moreover, those occassions were to answer another poster's question on this or another board (most often about moonblades). Thus, there's one element that probably shaped my perception about MoF, I just didn't find much in there to use in my FR world. But, alas, I'm glad others did...quite a large amount of others in fact given the numerous characters I've read that apparently are wielding double vorpal moonblade scimitars of mass destruction in other campaigns.
Go to Top of Page

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  04:40:47  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, the gnome artificer and list of gemstones alone proved to be highly useful to me.

I will admit though that I will likely retire the book for the most part after I acquire the PGTF.

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  15:12:03  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, does it seem this scroll has outlived its usefulness? The latest posts are completely out of bound from the original question - which has been answered in several ways. Let us allow this particular writing to fade into the shelves of the keep to be revived by some other scribe looking for information on black unicorns and red wizards.

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page