Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Verdo Fireharp, hunter of Lhiannan shee
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  07:21:56  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Verdo is a 45 year old half-elf with a good looking face and black hair. He keeps it in either a pony tail or lets it flow free along his back. He has a pale face and a pair of haunting grey eyes. He is usually dressed in bright clothes in either red or purple, he always carries his red harp on his back in a leather case.
Verdo also carries on a secret he is one of few who actually have survived an encounter with a lhiannan shee. He was only an aspiring bard when his mentor, Alabar "flyfinger" Keld'aner, came under the charm of a lhiannan shee when they where out and touring the countryside near the city of Lyrabar. At first he didn't notice his master's change. The pale condition nor the strange increasing / decreasing musical affect on the listeners. But as the days stretched out into a tenday, Verdo begun to harbour suspicions that something was wrong. He tried to spy on his master without no sucess. It wasn't until they, after almost a tenday and a half of travel, came to Raven's Bluff that a bard at the Guild House recognized the deire situiation that his master was in.
Master Thespian Beatrice Weatherspoon, a gracefull woman in her mid-forties took Verdo aside and with her husband, the illusionist / jester Arrion, Told him of the creature that now had Verdon's master under it's controll. Together they came up with a plan to help his master. Later that night they made their way up to his accomodated room in the guild house to free him of his charmed state.Only to find him in the mid embrasse of the creature. The old man had a smile on his lips as the lhiannan shee kissed him one last time. Stunned by the scene the three bards remained in the door, until Verdo let out a scream of sorrow and loss. Running forward with his dagger drawn to strike the evil creature. His thrusting blade only found empty air where the lhiannan shee had been moments before. It was gone, and Alabar was dead. The funural was paid for by the guild and they even offered Verdo a room in the guild hall so that he could stay and continue his training. But Verdo couldn't stay in the same house that his master had died in, instead he left Ravens Bluff for the westernrealms later that day.
The road was hard and often Verdo came to think on how it could have been if he had decided to stay in Raven's Bluff. Yet again how it would have been if his master was still alive. So he reached the small Village of Reddansyr. He soon found out that the hammlet had not had a bard for a long time that made a performance and so Verdo decided that perhaps he could make a fair earning. He entered the local inn, and asked for permission to play for a place to sleep and some part of the nights gold if he brought a lot of customers. The barkeep agreed and as darkness began to settle over Reddansyr Verdon had gathered a crowd in the rusty old inn. Sometime after middnight, his throat hurting from all the singing, more then he had sung for a long time. He entered his room to find it allready occupied by a beautiful woman sitting on his bed. She had scarce clothing to begin with and it soon began slipping further down her body as she moved on the bed. With a rather hoars voice Verdo asked her what she did in his room. She answered that she had enjoyed his sining but lacked the money to show her real appreciation. Verdon smiled and began moving forward towards her when it suddenly struck him that he hadn't seen her in the crowd downstairs. He told her to leave and instead found himself struggling to not walk over to the stunningly beautiful woman. With a shake of his head and a sudden realization of what was infront of him he screamed in terror and anger and ran out of the inn into the night. Verdo now travels the western heartlands and the sword coast fleeing his past but also looking for other bards in need of help before it is to late to save them from other lhiannan shee.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  07:24:39  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I kind of dreamed this up last night, so the first thing I did when I woke up was to write this down. Still has some work to do, think I will re make the end though. But the concept stays and I am sorry for all the spelling errors. Bare with me ok.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  07:51:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd have him take some ranger levels, too, to aid him in finding lhiannon shee.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  22:34:44  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'd have him take some ranger levels, too, to aid him in finding lhiannon shee.

hmm, good point. Haven't the stats typed up yet so ...

Go to Top of Page

Yoshimo
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  20:14:51  Show Profile  Visit Yoshimo's Homepage Send Yoshimo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent, Hymn.

May the light of Selune light your path and Olidammara guide your footsteps ~Shadow Thief Motto
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  20:16:54  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice to read Hymn. Looking forward to reading more about Verdo.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000