Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Destiny of the Chosen
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BrokenRulz
Acolyte

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2004 :  14:56:04  Show Profile  Visit BrokenRulz's Homepage Send BrokenRulz a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've noticed that there seems to be more of a focus being directed at Chosen lately of this or that god, both in the Novels and in the supplements and game books. It seems like more and more gods are getting them and what I'm wondering is if something might occur that involves all the Chosen that the Gods are trying to set up?
You may laugh when I say this, but one phrase keeps coming to my mind and I have a feeling most of you will recognize it.

"There can be only One!"

Yep, I have visions of battles both great and small being waged between Chosen of different gods. Now that would be something.

D.

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2004 :  16:15:33  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BrokenRulz
Yep, I have visions of battles both great and small being waged between Chosen of different gods. Now that would be something.

Interesting, but doubtful. Wouldn't that shift the focus away from players' characters and back to NPCs? 3.0/3.5e seems to be trying to tone down the focus on important Realms NPCs.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2004 :  16:54:13  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rulz, many gods are now getting Chosens because they have witnessed Mystra's success with her's. The Chosens of Mystra (Seven Sisters, Blackstaff, Elminster) are all well-known on Faerun and idols of many. They are also used to store Mystra's powers since she has given them (especially Elminster) a large portion of her divinity.

Also, gods especially evil gods, needs a powerful person to run their church and prevent chaos. For example, Bane named Fzoul as his chosen to reward him and also have him bring the church back to its fomer glory.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000