Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Eytan Bernstein, part 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eytan C Bernstein
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2023 :  12:09:53  Show Profile  Visit Eytan C Bernstein's Homepage Send Eytan C Bernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I figured it was time for a reintroduction. While I was at Wizards, I couldn't say much about what I was doing (FR or otherwise), but as of this month, I'm a free agent. I still can't speak about details of anything that hasn't been released yet, but I can do my best to answer lore questions about anything I've worked on that is already out. I also can't speak to the inner workings of Wizards, though I can confirm anything that's been said publicly. Standard disclaimer: I don't speak for Wizards of the Coast, everything I say in my opinion or belief, and nothing I say is canon.

Feel free to ask me about anything I've worked on, D&D or otherwise. Here is a non-exhaustive list of Forgotten Realms books, articles, and web features I've written or edited. Some of the works are not exclusively FR, but they all contain FR content. Caveat: I'm making no claim as to what is or isn't canon.

WRITER
D&D 3.5
-Dragons of Faerun, Web Enhancement, and 2 previews *
-Class Chronicles: 21 article web series *

D&D 4E
-Arcane Power
-Martial Power 2
-Open Grave
-Exemplars of Evil
-Online, Epic Insights: "Epic Binders"
-Dragon #380, Wizard Essentials: "Secrets of the Spiral Tower"
-Dragon #381, Channel Divinity: "Champions of Torm" (with Erik Scott de Bie) *
-Dragon #386, Bazaar of the Bizarre: "The Items of the Drizzt Saga" *
-Dragon #428 Bazaar of the Bizarre: "Treasures of the Far Realm"
-Dungeon #171: Eye of Justice (with Erik Scott de Bie) *

D&D 5E
-Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk *

EDITOR
D&D 5E
-Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants
-Keys from the Golden Vault $
-Prisoner 13 *$
-Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk *$
-Vecna: Eve of Ruin $

* after a title indicates a dedicated FR work.
$ lead editor

I am available for freelance writing, editing, development, and sensitivity review.

https://www.eytanbernstein.com

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 19 Jan 2024 01:40:46

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2024 :  04:30:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Eytan!

Without launching a round of complaining about WotC, allow me to say I sympathize with you and your unexpected return to free agent status. The same thing happened to me, this year, and it drew much vacuum.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2024 :  05:03:44  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back to these Hallowed Halls of Realmslore! That Acolyte Title needs to be changed!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2024 :  05:33:49  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome home!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2024 :  21:35:21  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, welcome Eytan. Good to have you walking these halls once again.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2024 :  22:44:04  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If Eytan was here before, why is he at 1 post?
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2024 :  01:18:20  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane

Odds are forgot login for this site?
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2024 :  21:54:06  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glory of the Giants question

Curious... were you involved in the giant divine lore for this? I read through it with a "don't overly research it... just enjoy it" view and liked the spins that I saw, especially the use of Diancastra along with the story of Bigby being reincarnated into a gnome body.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2024 :  19:12:14  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Eytan!
Go to Top of Page

Eytan C Bernstein
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2024 :  19:06:03  Show Profile  Visit Eytan C Bernstein's Homepage Send Eytan C Bernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:

I did indeed. If someone who can do so could help me regain access to it, I'll post through that account from now on.

I am available for freelance writing, editing, development, and sensitivity review.

Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2024 :  22:55:08  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eytan C Bernstein

quote:

quote:

I did indeed. If someone who can do so could help me regain access to it, I'll post through that account from now on.

You would have to ask the Admins. I suspect that you will have to prove you are the same as the orinial Eytan. I don't know how rigorous this process may be.
Go to Top of Page

Eytan C Bernstein
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2024 :  00:43:59  Show Profile  Visit Eytan C Bernstein's Homepage Send Eytan C Bernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Welcome back, Eytan!

Without launching a round of complaining about WotC, allow me to say I sympathize with you and your unexpected return to free agent status. The same thing happened to me, this year, and it drew much vacuum.

Thanks. I'm sorry you went through that. Don't hold back on anything or anyone on my account, though I can't participate for obvious reasons.

Go to Top of Page

Eytan C Bernstein
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2024 :  00:45:59  Show Profile  Visit Eytan C Bernstein's Homepage Send Eytan C Bernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Welcome back to these Hallowed Halls of Realmslore! That Acolyte Title needs to be changed!

Yes. I thought I had replied to my own thread rather than creating a new one. If someone could give me a hand with recovering my old account, that would be great. I'm not sure if there's a way to merge this thread with that one. Or maybe we could just rename this one "Eytan Bernstein [II]"?

Edited by - Eytan C Bernstein on 06 Jan 2024 00:47:16
Go to Top of Page

Eytan C Bernstein
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2024 :  00:50:54  Show Profile  Visit Eytan C Bernstein's Homepage Send Eytan C Bernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Yep. Couldn't get it to work. How do I get in touch with the admins?

Edited by - Eytan C Bernstein on 06 Jan 2024 11:05:47
Go to Top of Page

Eytan C Bernstein
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2024 :  00:55:22  Show Profile  Visit Eytan C Bernstein's Homepage Send Eytan C Bernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Yes, welcome Eytan. Good to have you walking these halls once again.

-- George Krashos

Thanks! It's good to be back! And thank you everyone for the welcome.

Edited by - Eytan C Bernstein on 06 Jan 2024 11:08:36
Go to Top of Page

Eytan C Bernstein
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2024 :  10:45:16  Show Profile  Visit Eytan C Bernstein's Homepage Send Eytan C Bernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Welcome Eytan!

Thank you!@

Go to Top of Page

Eytan C Bernstein
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2024 :  11:03:49  Show Profile  Visit Eytan C Bernstein's Homepage Send Eytan C Bernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Glory of the Giants question

Curious... were you involved in the giant divine lore for this? I read through it with a "don't overly research it... just enjoy it" view and liked the spins that I saw, especially the use of Diancastra along with the story of Bigby being reincarnated into a gnome body.

I was was an editor on this, but I wasn’t the lead. My only contribution to the giabt lore was suggesting that we integrate the three giant goddesses more fully into giant society. The team recognized that in previous giant lore, the goddesses had been somewhat relegated to the sidelines. We couldn't re-engineer the ordning, so the design folks added lines here and there to bolster their influence and importance. I think it was an elegant solution.

The Diancastra and Bigby content was all the design folks' efforts. The choice of Diancastra was another way to create more gender parity.

Go to Top of Page

Italian Archmage Karsus
Learned Scribe

117 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2024 :  16:11:29  Show Profile Send Italian Archmage Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simply out of curiosity, were you planning on anything more for Zceryll, the vestige and alienist creator of the Bone Scepter of Zceryll? What about her Black Blood Kaleidoscope, and the Rod of Taupanga?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2024 :  02:44:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep. Couldn't get it to work. How do I get in touch with the admins?

I'll ping Big Al on your behalf.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2024 :  10:44:38  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Welcome back, Eytan. Your existing account is EytanBernstein. If the "forgot password" link isn't working for you, let me know and i'll get this reset by other means if you wish to use your old account (currently at a 704 post count).

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Eytan C Bernstein
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2024 :  13:08:26  Show Profile  Visit Eytan C Bernstein's Homepage Send Eytan C Bernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Italian Archmage Karsus

Simply out of curiosity, were you planning on anything more for Zceryll, the vestige and alienist creator of the Bone Scepter of Zceryll? What about her Black Blood Kaleidoscope, and the Rod of Taupanga?

I would love to do that. Unfortunately, I don't own the rights to that content. Anything I (and any other freelancer or employee) has written for WotC belongs to them. If I ever do freelance design work for them, who knows?

Go to Top of Page

Eytan C Bernstein
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2024 :  13:16:15  Show Profile  Visit Eytan C Bernstein's Homepage Send Eytan C Bernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

Welcome back, Eytan. Your existing account is EytanBernstein. If the "forgot password" link isn't working for you, let me know and i'll get this reset by other means if you wish to use your old account (currently at a 704 post count).

It's probably fine to continue with this thread. Could we just rename it It could be "Eytan Bernstein, part 2."

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2024 :  01:41:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well met

It's probably fine to continue with this thread. Could we just rename it It could be "Eytan Bernstein, part 2."

Done. I believe you should be able to rename your own threads without assistance.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2024 :  09:25:02  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

I think it was more if you wanted to reinstate your old account (and post count) rather than the thread. Happy to assist here if required.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Eytan C Bernstein
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2024 :  17:37:58  Show Profile  Visit Eytan C Bernstein's Homepage Send Eytan C Bernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

Well met

Done. I believe you should be able to rename your own threads without assistance.

Great. Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Eytan C Bernstein
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2024 :  17:43:05  Show Profile  Visit Eytan C Bernstein's Homepage Send Eytan C Bernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well met

I think it was more if you wanted to reinstate your old account (and post count) rather than the thread. Happy to assist here if required.

Yeah. That would be great, thanks!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000