Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Steven Schend Lore
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The DMs Revenge
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2023 :  00:12:00  Show Profile  Visit The DMs Revenge's Homepage Send The DMs Revenge a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In Lore from the Sages - 2005 (http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/misc_lore_2005.htm)

On December 12, 2005 Steven Schend said: Bear in mind you're asking me questions on things I wrote nearly 10 years ago, so the memory's fuzzy....

1) Sure--as many survived as your campaign needs/wants. This is the answer I always try and give, unless I've a really good reason to shut the door on future developments (a trick I learned from Ed).

Remember that my answers here are not to be considered official canon--just my opinions and natter.

2) Absolutely. The "Most of..." gives you as the GM the wiggle-room to justify whatever plot twists you wish into your game.

I love the idea of their being linked to Moander and Finder (and perhaps even Oghma, the traditional god of bards).

Then again, why not create something new--a cult/religion of a new goddess who is allegedly the daughter of Lurue and Silvanus (or Fenmaril Mestarine) who is worshiped by bards and rangers and half-elves as a protector against the corruption of woodlands specifically? She's a protector of both health and beauty, two things that make woodlands special in her eyes.

Steven
Just stirrin' the pot a little....

Does anyone know what Mr. Schend was referring to (preferably with a link)? I can't locate the original conversation anywhere.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2023 :  01:00:57  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3802&whichpage=11

It was a reply about , "Tsornyl clan of moon elves" asked by user Foxhelm

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon

Edited by - Kentinal on 30 Jun 2023 01:02:27
Go to Top of Page

The DMs Revenge
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2023 :  02:45:35  Show Profile  Visit The DMs Revenge's Homepage Send The DMs Revenge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

http://candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3802&whichpage=11

It was a reply about , "Tsornyl clan of moon elves" asked by user Foxhelm

Ah, excellent. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2023 :  18:46:40  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh. I thought you were going to ask about personal lore of mine.

Never mind.

Steven
who could mention he's working on collating many many secrets on Blackstaff Tower (the locale, not the novel) but doesn't know when or how it'll come to light…but doesn't want to get your hopes up…

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000