Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Beholder Staff
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2021 :  21:17:33  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I know I'm not crazy. Does anyone remember a magic staff that shot rays identical to beholder eye powers? Possibly also allowing control over them? I know that item existed somewhere but I can't find what book or article it was printed in. Help a fellow scribe out here.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2021 :  23:57:06  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is the artifact Yuthla, the Eye of the Beholder in Volo's Guide to All Things Magical (pgs.123-124) that might fit the bill.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2021 :  01:48:46  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That may be what I was thinking of but seem to remember there being a picture of one. Anyone remember if such a staff appeared in the comics?

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2021 :  04:48:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

That may be what I was thinking of but seem to remember there being a picture of one. Anyone remember if such a staff appeared in the comics?

Not in the DC/TSR ones. I can't speak to any of the newer stuff.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2021 :  16:40:37  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just for grins to see how long it would take me to make one in blender, take a picture of it, and put it on the web (20 mins)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1in4jvzSNtXwICPbtuCTxZsjNjknBzs1X/view?usp=sharing

Not the greatest mind you, but probably good enough to show players what it might look like.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 26 Dec 2021 16:55:22
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000