Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Divine rank for Arch Fey
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2021 :  03:40:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seriously, what game? You're the one saying someone else is attacking every one of your posts. I looked at every post you've made as King Libertine -- literally every single one of them. I found one place where the person you claimed was attacking you had actually responded directly to you. One.

And it wasn't an attack, unless you consider constructive criticism to be an attack.

There is no being "subversive" and "picky" here, and the only one playing games is you -- nicely demonstrated by your last post coming out of the blue and contradicting the prior one.

And I know I can't be the only one tired of whatever this game is.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 02 Jul 2021 03:41:26
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2021 :  04:00:21  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For what it is worth, I moderate a different space where the rules are stricter.

At times I at Candlekeep posted things that would get me a warning of where I moderate.

So yes Moderation here is very liberal compared to some other forums.

As for complaining about topic drift, that has been common in most forums I am a member of. They either have an answer and thread ends three or four posts take care of those. Many however do expand and do sometimes go off topic.

A joke that makes as much sense as the question, to some, strikes me as divergent as the OP complaining about moderation publicly of off topic in the same thread.

The complaint of King Libertine of Posts off topic from the question of divine rank is as much off topic as the comments of sleyvas in reply to Eldacar. And that of course was selecting to reply to part of a post.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1486 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2021 :  06:36:50  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh good grief.

Fine CEV, let's have it your way.

Titania - sorcerer 20/druid 20/arcane hierophant 10/geomancer 10.

Titania uses the sum of her caster levels to determine the overall caster level for her enchantment spells as well as any spell that affects, manipulates, creates, heals or harms plants. When taking on a plant or animal form, she wildshapes as a 60th level druid.

Notes: in Pathfinder, gestalt druid/sorcerer.

The Queen of Air and Darkness - wizard 35/archmage 5/dread witch 5/nightmare spinner 5/master illusionist 10

Notes: in Pathfinder, gestalt witch/wizard with a heavy focus on necromancy, illusion, save-or-suck and debuffs.

Oberon's best class would be the Hunter class from Pathfinder, as his fluff describes even Corellon respecting his hunting prowess.

You can use the leShay as a chassis and build your god of the week.

Edited by - LordofBones on 02 Jul 2021 11:13:02
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2021 :  10:04:46  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

Oh good grief.

Fine CEV, let's have it your way.

OOF!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2021 :  10:06:50  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have nothing on topic to add, other than, someone loves Epic Cheese.

I will leave this scroll now...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 02 Jul 2021 10:07:26
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2021 :  13:51:47  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

I have nothing on topic to add, other than, someone loves Epic Cheese.

I will leave this scroll now...

I personally only get my Epic Cheese churned from milk from Audumbla's udders straight to the churn, and churned by Eleesima Cheddarchurn, Archfey of the Land of the Happy Cow.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2021 :  16:25:09  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Why on earth would any of these dudes be CR 90, or 200 HD DVR 20 Titania. Zeus and Odin don't have DvR 20, and they're known for killing primordial creator spirits and god-bothering kaiju. What can't Ordalf do that can't be modeled by a 30th level wizard?

This is going to be like that prospective 90th level fey monstrosity that CEV posted in that one thread of his. It was a dumb idea then and it's a dumb idea now. Titania's avatar was an Illusionist 20/Druid 16 in 2e; extrapolating from that she's probably a sorcerer/druid/arcane heirophant.

Frankly, if your 200 HD monstrosity is a bunch of 20th level classes slapped together, any decent party is going to laugh itself to death. A wiz 20/cleric 20/druid 20/commoner 20 is still going to have a caster level of 20.

-Thinking about it, the only NPCs I can think of that would be probably not have too difficult a time here would be Curudin Ahmaquissar and the Rogues of The Laughing Twilight. I forget what product they were detailed in, but they were excellent, excellent characters, some of the best ever introduced in the Forgotten Realms. Might have been Ed Greenwood, since the detail and specificity and everything in their characters and stories are par excellence; not matched in any Realmslore since. Really the piece de resistance of the setting as a whole.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 03 Jul 2021 16:26:54
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2021 :  18:34:51  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a need to assign stats to the archfey? If the purpose is social interaction, what is wrong with deciding success or failure (or even better, gradations of success or failure) and making up a modifier on the fly? And if the party decides to engage in combat...serve the party a TPK.

3.0/3.5ed design of PC's and creatures is one heck of a pain in the butt. I recommend you focus on the archfey's role in the campaign and how you can facilitate that role.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2021 :  19:40:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

Is there a need to assign stats to the archfey? If the purpose is social interaction, what is wrong with deciding success or failure (or even better, gradations of success or failure) and making up a modifier on the fly? And if the party decides to engage in combat...serve the party a TPK.

3.0/3.5ed design of PC's and creatures is one heck of a pain in the butt. I recommend you focus on the archfey's role in the campaign and how you can facilitate that role.

That's what I was saying. Give just enough numbers for the purpose at hand and don't worry about anything else. It doesn't matter if someone is CR1 or CR42 if their only purpose is to talk.

Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1486 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2021 :  05:47:50  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

quote:

Why on earth would any of these dudes be CR 90, or 200 HD DVR 20 Titania. Zeus and Odin don't have DvR 20, and they're known for killing primordial creator spirits and god-bothering kaiju. What can't Ordalf do that can't be modeled by a 30th level wizard?

This is going to be like that prospective 90th level fey monstrosity that CEV posted in that one thread of his. It was a dumb idea then and it's a dumb idea now. Titania's avatar was an Illusionist 20/Druid 16 in 2e; extrapolating from that she's probably a sorcerer/druid/arcane heirophant.

Frankly, if your 200 HD monstrosity is a bunch of 20th level classes slapped together, any decent party is going to laugh itself to death. A wiz 20/cleric 20/druid 20/commoner 20 is still going to have a caster level of 20.

-Thinking about it, the only NPCs I can think of that would be probably not have too difficult a time here would be Curudin Ahmaquissar and the Rogues of The Laughing Twilight. I forget what product they were detailed in, but they were excellent, excellent characters, some of the best ever introduced in the Forgotten Realms. Might have been Ed Greenwood, since the detail and specificity and everything in their characters and stories are par excellence; not matched in any Realmslore since. Really the piece de resistance of the setting as a whole.

It's awesome how their patron, Erevan, actually let Corellon stay on as head of the Seldarine. That part where he masterfully came in and defeated Lolth, Gruumsh, the Queen of Air and Darkness, Shargaas, Malar, Lord Voldemort, Morgoth and Wooly Rupert with one hand while simultaneously juggling ten barrels of faerie wine and playing the banjo? A masterpiece.

On a more serious note, there's nothing really wrong with giving a creature stats, it just gets ludicrous when those stats are in a vacuum. Your party doesn't need to know if Titania is 60 HD or 200 HD when, functionally, she's a plot device.

Edited by - LordofBones on 04 Jul 2021 05:52:00
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2021 :  13:16:31  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

Never a more truer statement made about 3e than this And this is coming from someone who's.....done a LOT of (N)PC designs.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2021 :  20:00:58  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

quote:

It's awesome how their patron, Erevan, actually let Corellon stay on as head of the Seldarine. That part where he masterfully came in and defeated Lolth, Gruumsh, the Queen of Air and Darkness, Shargaas, Malar, Lord Voldemort, Morgoth and Wooly Rupert with one hand while simultaneously juggling ten barrels of faerie wine and playing the banjo? A masterpiece.

Wasn't he drinking from the barrels at the time?

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2021 :  04:12:17  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Given the history involved here, I think there was a lot of drinking involved, yes.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  02:25:14  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just thought it sounded good. I wish I was as serious as you guys are. as informed. The idea of Erevan Ilesere or Baravar Cloakshadow, or Brandobaris, or Vergadain, or Squillechee? just seems cool. Hyrsym the Satyr god of chaos is pretty cool.

gev had some good stuff. inventive and canon. Others wild and ludicrous. I am a 2ed player and never played anything but. Yet, I know all the lore up to 5ed that my little brain allows.

His strange thread where he created a different view of the War of The Anti-Seldarine, seen through the eyes of ereven ilesere... pretty cool. I'd read that again and maybe make use of it.

On the other hand... gev was a person I always seen as aggressively defending his own cosmos. Not good. I really liked his Selukiira thingy but when asked about it, he turned aggressive.

As far as all trickster deities are concerned... They are all cool and weird and not black or white.

Vergadain... Dwarven god of rogues and money and commerce.
Brandobaris... Halfling god of mischief and misadventures.
Baravar Cloakshadow... Gnome god of mischief and deception.
Erevan Ilesere... Elven god of mischief and trickery and chaos and rogues.
Hyrsam... the Prince of Fools, was an ancient and powerful satyr archfey. He was a mischievous trickster who used guile and savagery to further his goals.
Sqeulaiche... was the Court Jester of Queen Titania's Seelie Court and a member of her Inner Circle. Though he was a known ally of at least one deity of the Realms, it was unknown if he was directly worshiped on Toril

All are cool. All rogue gods are in my book. If I was offered a game, I would play a rogue/ sorcerer/ fey prankster of any of those gods mentioned above. Right? You're not too good at melee against a fighter, but you can sneak attack and spell blast and disappear with a laugh, and cut them to shreds. You cannot go toe, to toe with a wizard or sorcerer or cleric or druid, but as long as you remain stealthy, you can inflict massive damage, both melee and arcane.
Go to Top of Page

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  05:07:50  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think of the new Regis.... now a rogue duelist and much more. This is no less canon than cev or diffan writing a storyline to a campaign they had. If I played Erevis Cale as a NPC in 1490 DR would it make his past novels mundane or non existent? .Same for cev or diffan I suppose.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1486 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  06:55:00  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Libertine

All are cool. All rogue gods are in my book. If I was offered a game, I would play a rogue/ sorcerer/ fey prankster of any of those gods mentioned above. Right? You're not too good at melee against a fighter, but you can sneak attack and spell blast and disappear with a laugh, and cut them to shreds. You cannot go toe, to toe with a wizard or sorcerer or cleric or druid, but as long as you remain stealthy, you can inflict massive damage, both melee and arcane.

...the Fey Prankster is a bard archetype from Pathfinder. This theoretical triple class character is going to be bad at all three roles.
Go to Top of Page

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  07:24:28  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by King Libertine

...the Fey Prankster is a bard archetype from Pathfinder. This theoretical triple class character is going to be bad at all three roles.

Actually you're wrong. The Fey Prankster was a D20 "Faeries" Prestige class supplement that involved the D20 book "Faeries". by Bastion Press. It was mostly a rogue class that involved a separate arcane casting list with tons of re-roll options and invisibility galore. So I must say you're mistaken.
Go to Top of Page

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  08:12:37  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An example of the game play with a well known DM

Mosstone guildp

Fethiiwyn Feyblade: CG Feeorin noble Fey male of the Feywild. (High Fey Template). CR 30; Rogue 5/ Cleric 10/ Divine Prankster 10 of The Fey Jester. Champion of the Feywild, Arch-Priest of the Laughing Midnight in Mosstone. High-Cleric of the Fey of Mosstone.

Niithyria Nightgaze: CN Nymph Fey of the Feywild. CR 25; Rogue 5/ Druid 13 of The Fey Jester. Lady Nature, Mistress of laughter. She is the consort of Fethiiwyn.

Pixapax "The whisper": CG Pixie Fey male of the Feywild. CR 26; Rogue 10/ Sorcerer 5/ Arcane Devotee 5 of The Fey Jester. Master of intrigue, spymaster of the Mosstone guild.

Darthaliina Stolenoak: CN Dryad Fey of the Feywild. CR 23; Ranger 20 of The Fey Jester. Lady of the stolen oak. Princess of the Great Oak of Mosstone. Feywild champion.

Fyniistyx Hollowcup: CN Satyr Fey male of The Feywild. CR 23; Fighter 10/ Dervish 10. Master of melee in the Mosstone guild. Feywild champion, Courtier of The Seelie Court.

Dolledraxx Twindagger: CG Quickling Fey male of The Feywild. CR 24; Scout 5/ Sorcerer 5/ Daggerspell Mage 10. Blessed of the Seelie Court, Martyr of The Summer Court. The ageless shadow. The spymaster of Mosstone.

Franathiilia Mourngrym: CG Wild elf female of Mosstone. CR 15; Scout 10/ Deepwood Sniper 5. Owner of "The Sylphs Kiss.", tavern and Inn in the center of Mosstone. Lesser member of The Laughing Midnight. Crossroads champion.

Friithafranya Mourngrym: CG Wild elf female of Mosstone. CR 15; Scout 10/ Beguiler 5. Co-owner of "The Sylphs Kiss.", tavern and Inn. Captain of the elves of Mosstone. Lesser member of The Rogues of The Laughing Midnight. Feygate Guardian.

In that adventure, in that module, 3 of those PC's died. These were the remaining PC's to retire so to say.

Our fey were powerful, but when facing the Ogre Magi of Murandin and their Ogre, Troll, Orc and goblin army, there was not much they could do. The Feeorin fey slew the child of the Orge Magi and caused the horde to sway.

The Dryad of Mosstone was actually a normal dryad warrior in the Feywild. But... her tree... her Oak, was the Great Oak of Mosstone that human druids worshipped in the Feywild, as in Faerun.

The Nymph of The Fey Jester lashed her druidic spells against the Orge Magi. She laid hundreds low, but the Orge Magi walked away unhurt. Powerful and kingly, the prince of Murandin.

The Feeorin nobel Fey appeared behind the Orge Mage and split his powerful skull in two with his feyblades, ending the battle of Mosstone.

A combination of spells, blades and fey magic won the day.A total of 12 Fey began that battle. Only 6 remained. The 6 Fey lords of Mosstone mentioned above.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1486 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  09:40:34  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Give it a rest, CEV. At this point you're not even trying, not when you follow the same posting style. Isn't this your third or fourth alt on this site after your main account got banned?

Also, it's spelled "ogre."
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  14:59:37  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::waves::

Hey Copper Elven Vampire, which one of those CR 20+ creatures started out as a slave?

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  18:55:48  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

::waves::

Hey Copper Elven Vampire, which one of those CR 20+ creatures started out as a slave?

I think the answer is "None of the above."

IIRC the poll restricted characters to be elves with levels in rogue and some divine spellcasting class. Most choices also included the sacred fist PrC, which was not shown in this scroll. The patron deity would be Erevan Ilesere (unless you adopt my plot twist where Gruumsh murders Erevan Ilesere and forcibly becomes the patron deity . )

Back on the main topic: I stand by my recommendation that this Archfey likely won't need stats.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1486 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2021 :  03:16:59  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spoilers: Erevan Ilsere is Baghtru in an elf costume.

Edited by - LordofBones on 01 Aug 2021 03:17:19
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2021 :  03:20:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Spoilers: Erevan Ilsere is Baghtru in an elf costume.

I have it on good authority that Erevan Ilsere is actually an elaborate prank pulled by Brandobaris, and that it has gotten unexpectedly out of hand.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000