Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Happy New Year 2021
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2021 :  07:14:48  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I hope everyone has a wonderful year 2021.

Happy New Year to you all.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

PattPlays
Senior Scribe

469 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2021 :  08:09:04  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy new years from the night shift, Candlekeep.

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, Long Live Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T
Go to Top of Page

Returnip
Learned Scribe

221 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2021 :  11:51:55  Show Profile Send Returnip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I was a bit worried that 2020 wouldn't end and that today would be December 32, but the new year is here and I've got plans. Happy new year to you all.

On the other hand you have different fingers.
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2021 :  14:00:49  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year folks...let's hope this year isn't a repeat of the last one.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2021 :  15:09:04  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy New year to you all.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2021 :  21:58:21  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year and Happy Hammer 1! In Forgotten Realms terms, I lobby that we call the year we just wrapped up The Year of the Shou Plague.

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page

Returnip
Learned Scribe

221 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2021 :  22:51:39  Show Profile Send Returnip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rymac

Happy New Year and Happy Hammer 1! In Forgotten Realms terms, I lobby that we call the year we just wrapped up The Year of the Shou Plague.

I just realised the Calendar of Harptos uses midwinter to mean the coldest point of the winter rather than the shortest day of the year. I've always found it confusing.

On the other hand you have different fingers.
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2021 :  02:17:02  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Goodbye and good riddance to 2020. Year of Shou Plague indeed. Talona would have laughed her head off if she could see Earth.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2021 :  04:15:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let's not refer to Covid-19 as the "Shou Plague," please. Just because it was first reported in one location doesn't mean that's the actual source, and even if it was, the last year has proven to us, once more, that things like this don't respect borders.

Chinese people have been physically assaulted because of people calling this the "China virus" and other, less-flattering names. We don't want anything like that here, too.

I'm sure no one here meant anything negative by it; let's just not use that term any more, so this conversation doesn't go in the wrong direction.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 02 Jan 2021 04:15:39
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2021 :  04:39:57  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just delete the thing...no sense in it being here...the whole scroll

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000