Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Porting Rise of the Drow Campaign to the Realms?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Isambard
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2020 :  21:13:12  Show Profile  Visit Isambard's Homepage Send Isambard a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

I just got the 5E edition of AAW's rather impressive Rise of the Drow campaign and wonder whether anyone has looked into porting it to the Realms?

At first glance, for example, it appears that Rybalka could relatively easily be shoehorned into the Ten Towns area. I did not have time yet to check how well the underground parts would port over, but will take a look over the holidays.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2020 :  21:45:50  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the tunnels of the Realms underdark are not well defined just indicated there are many connections to the surface.

I do not know what map offered by Rise of the Drow is, however it would appear likely (at least for map reasons) be imported to the Realms. The only other comment I would offer is Realms Drow did not always fully equal D&D Drow (Greyhawk or Eberron etc.)

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2020 :  15:55:25  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm curious, why Ten Towns?

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Isambard
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2020 :  15:00:08  Show Profile  Visit Isambard's Homepage Send Isambard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From the description, the campaign's starting village of Rybalka does sound like a location in the far north. And at least at first glance, the Vikmordere barbarians of the campaign look quite similar to Icewind Dale's Reghed barbarians.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2020 :  22:44:54  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this the old "Against the Giants" then going into the underdark series of adventures from 1e redone or something?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Isambard
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2020 :  16:27:40  Show Profile  Visit Isambard's Homepage Send Isambard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, this is a fresh campaign. No giants involved to kick things off. Instead, the campaign starts with a Drow raid on a surface village during a solar eclipse. The Drow raiding party (with captives and carrying a very special magic item) then travels overland, stopping at an abandoned mountain citadel, where they are hopefully defeated by the PCs. Following up on what brought on the raid in the first place, the PCs descend into the Underdark, starting with a dwarven city also hard pressed by Drow assaults. Then, the real Underdark fun begins (involving multiple Drow houses etc.), which takes up the next four Chapters of the campaign.

So, quite a bit different than what I remember from the old GDQ series of modules.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2020 :  16:38:25  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Isambard

Hi all,

I just got the 5E edition of AAW's rather impressive Rise of the Drow campaign and wonder whether anyone has looked into porting it to the Realms?

You have a link? I'm like what is AAW?

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Isambard
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2020 :  17:32:39  Show Profile  Visit Isambard's Homepage Send Isambard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AAW is the publisher, "Adventure A Week". The link to the campaign is http://drow5e.com

Edited by - Isambard on 22 Dec 2020 17:33:19
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2020 :  12:11:09  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have the RotD but haven't read it. If it were me, I'd try placing somewhere other than the Sword Coast area since literally every official adventure released as been there. I'd maybe place it in Vaasa or, if you want to do the work for an area that hasn't been detailed at all in the Realms - Sossal. Of coarse, if there is a sea coast then Ten Towns would work.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000